Yes 6 67%
No 3 33%
9 Votes

Vote!
District to Regional vs Regional to State
05/18/2018 5:04:20 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Does it make sense that we take in most cases 25% or less of the athletes that compete at the District Meet and advance to Regional. But take 37.5% of the Regional Meet and Advance them to State? Just seems counter intuitive to me...
Does it make sense that we take in most cases 25% or less of the athletes that compete at the District Meet and advance to Regional.
But take 37.5% of the Regional Meet and Advance them to State?

Just seems counter intuitive to me...
05/19/2018 11:15:33 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
There are MANY more competitors at the District meets. At Region, not only are there fewer, but they are much higher performance-wise.
There are MANY more competitors at the District meets. At Region, not only are there fewer, but they are much higher performance-wise.
05/19/2018 5:34:49 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@statguy I get that but we are talking about taking 35% of the Regional Qualifiers...over 1/3 to the State meet? Why have District then...that is a huge percentage to be in the Championship Finals in any sport.
@statguy

I get that but we are talking about taking 35% of the Regional Qualifiers...over 1/3 to the State meet? Why have District then...that is a huge percentage to be in the Championship Finals in any sport.
05/20/2018 8:42:46 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Raycer131 Eliminate Districts. Regionals to State.
05/20/2018 8:58:03 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@TJump69 I am ok with that
@TJump69
I am ok with that
05/20/2018 9:53:59 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=TJump69]@Raycer131 Eliminate Districts. Regionals to State.[/quote] @TJump69 Back in the mid 1990's, the 1A (& possibly 2A) classification did not have a Region meet. There were 8 districts and we went from Districts to State. They took the top 2 in each event (total of 16) while 3A & 4A went competed in District & Region competitions. It does seem like there are a few Districts (1A) who can't event field 4 athletes in an event. Eliminating District competitions would insure a full compliment of athletes in every event area AND save a bit of $$$ for teams in the area of travel (busses, vans, gas) & meals. Create 8 Regions (or Districts....doesn't matter what you call it) and go with Region Champ + 16 At-Large Advancing to the State meet.
TJump69 wrote:

@TJump69 Back in the mid 1990's, the 1A (& possibly 2A) classification did not have a Region meet. There were 8 districts and we went from Districts to State. They took the top 2 in each event (total of 16) while 3A & 4A went competed in District & Region competitions.

It does seem like there are a few Districts (1A) who can't event field 4 athletes in an event. Eliminating District competitions would insure a full compliment of athletes in every event area AND save a bit of $$$ for teams in the area of travel (busses, vans, gas) & meals. Create 8 Regions (or Districts....doesn't matter what you call it) and go with Region Champ + 16 At-Large Advancing to the State meet.
05/20/2018 10:17:05 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@multijumps Yes I recall the no districts and complaining about it as a runner...why do they we have an extra race ( I was 5a)... That being said...I would be down for 24 advancing to State in this format as long as the Regional Champions got preferred lane for Prelims and guaranteed fast heat for distance events.
@multijumps
Yes I recall the no districts and complaining about it as a runner...why do they we have an extra race ( I was 5a)...

That being said...I would be down for 24 advancing to State in this format as long as the Regional Champions got preferred lane for Prelims and guaranteed fast heat for distance events.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.