Region 3-5-A predictions
10/28/2013 3:26:09 PM
User
Boys 1: Strake Jesuit 2: Cy Woods 3: Katy Seven Lakes These three appear to be the best and if Strake runs like they did in CA in the next two meets they are a match for Eastwood, The Woodlands, College Park and Southlake Carroll in Round Rock on the 9th. Girls 1: Katy Seven Lakes 2: Cy Woods 3: Cy Fair 1 and 2 should be close and then there is a big drop-off here to my guess of Cy Fair. Houston Memorial, Katy and Laporte could all contend for the third spot. Kingwood Park for 4-A girls and Stratford and Georgetown for 4-A boys.
Boys

1: Strake Jesuit
2: Cy Woods
3: Katy Seven Lakes

These three appear to be the best and if Strake runs like they did in CA in the next two meets they are a match for Eastwood, The Woodlands, College Park and Southlake Carroll in Round Rock on the 9th.

Girls

1: Katy Seven Lakes
2: Cy Woods
3: Cy Fair

1 and 2 should be close and then there is a big drop-off here to my guess of Cy Fair. Houston Memorial, Katy and Laporte could all contend for the third spot.

Kingwood Park for 4-A girls and Stratford and Georgetown for 4-A boys.
10/28/2013 4:11:19 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@ronmonsanto Katy has two low pointers and depth. Moreno will be top 5 at region.
@ronmonsanto Katy has two low pointers and depth.

Moreno will be top 5 at region.
10/28/2013 5:48:44 PM
Coach
http://www.runhoustontiming.net/race_result/1382711000_3466504_Varsity%20Girls%2019-5A%20Meet%202013.htm Girls results above and boys results below, post them in your browser. You have the wrong teams qualifying out. http://www.runhoustontiming.net/race_result/1382732691_4029277_Varsity%20Boys%2019-5A%20Meet%202013.htm
http://www.runhoustontiming.net/race_result/1382711000_3466504_Varsity%20Girls%2019-5A%20Meet%202013.htm

Girls results above and boys results below, post them in your browser. You have the wrong teams qualifying out.

http://www.runhoustontiming.net/race_result/1382732691_4029277_Varsity%20Boys%2019-5A%20Meet%202013.htm
10/28/2013 9:38:33 PM
Power User
Boys -- 1. Strake Jesuit 2. Cy Woods 3. Morton Ranch Starting at Stanford, Strake has had a great season. Ammons is running really great and it looks like the string of superbly intelligent kids and great runners continues (James Webb went to Princeton). I like Lara up front and Ammons close behind and Strake putting 4 in the top 10. Cy Woods looks to be the 2nd best team in the region and 7L probably the 3rd. I do expect Morton Ranch to have a great race here. Girls -- 1. Katy 2. Seven Lakes 3. Cy-Woods I have Cy-Fair, LaPorte, and Memorial all within 15 points but don't think it'll that that close for spot 4. These seem to be the best 3 teams in the region. Katy with the surprise victory here as they'll have 2 solid low sticks.
Boys --
1. Strake Jesuit
2. Cy Woods
3. Morton Ranch

Starting at Stanford, Strake has had a great season. Ammons is running really great and it looks like the string of superbly intelligent kids and great runners continues (James Webb went to Princeton). I like Lara up front and Ammons close behind and Strake putting 4 in the top 10. Cy Woods looks to be the 2nd best team in the region and 7L probably the 3rd. I do expect Morton Ranch to have a great race here.

Girls --
1. Katy
2. Seven Lakes
3. Cy-Woods

I have Cy-Fair, LaPorte, and Memorial all within 15 points but don't think it'll that that close for spot 4. These seem to be the best 3 teams in the region. Katy with the surprise victory here as they'll have 2 solid low sticks.
10/28/2013 11:16:44 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@paras360 believe me, I love your prediction outcomes, but I don't see how neither of you have Katy as a title contender much less a state qualifier. They were close enough to 7lakes to be considered dangerous.
@paras360 believe me, I love your prediction outcomes, but I don't see how neither of you have Katy as a title contender much less a state qualifier.

They were close enough to 7lakes to be considered dangerous.
10/28/2013 11:45:11 PM
User
@Aggietom I wish I had seen Katy this year. That is why we do this for opinions and I respect yours. Let's see how it goes on Saturday and please others who have seen these teams run (it's a big state) help handicap the Regions. All good fun and I hope the kids have a great chance to show why Texas runners are the best in the US.
@Aggietom

I wish I had seen Katy this year. That is why we do this for opinions and I respect yours. Let's see how it goes on Saturday and please others who have seen these teams run (it's a big state) help handicap the Regions.

All good fun and I hope the kids have a great chance to show why Texas runners are the best in the US.
10/29/2013 7:13:33 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Also...7Lakes boys didn't get out of district.
Also...7Lakes boys didn't get out of district.
10/29/2013 8:54:39 AM
Power User
@Aggietom Sloppy on my end - didn't even realize 7L didn't make it out :-( For some reason the 19-5A results don't have team boys results (unless I just missed them) so I ran through them and added them up really quickly. Strake - 32 Cinco Ranch - 83 Morton Ranch - 84 (I did that really quickly and in my head, I could be off or miscounted). Either way - you're definitely right about Katy girls and Moreno (for some reason I haven't seen any results from her this year - I am obviously just missing something) - so I like them to get through. Katy girls were awfully close to 7L, and have 2 front runners. I totally changed up my predictions coming into the region meet on the girls side.
@Aggietom

Sloppy on my end - didn't even realize 7L didn't make it out

For some reason the 19-5A results don't have team boys results (unless I just missed them) so I ran through them and added them up really quickly.

Strake - 32
Cinco Ranch - 83
Morton Ranch - 84

(I did that really quickly and in my head, I could be off or miscounted).

Either way - you're definitely right about Katy girls and Moreno (for some reason I haven't seen any results from her this year - I am obviously just missing something) - so I like them to get through. Katy girls were awfully close to 7L, and have 2 front runners. I totally changed up my predictions coming into the region meet on the girls side.
10/29/2013 12:09:51 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
A few other things: Cy-Woods' roster lists Alexis Dunn (Cy-Falls), Morgan Michals (Cy-Creek), and it lists Lorena Melendez 3 times with variations of her name. I don't know if you factored that into your prediction.
A few other things:

Cy-Woods' roster lists Alexis Dunn (Cy-Falls), Morgan Michals (Cy-Creek), and it lists Lorena Melendez 3 times with variations of her name.

I don't know if you factored that into your prediction.
10/29/2013 3:15:12 PM
User
on the girls side, I have the top three as being Seven Lakes, Cy Woods, and then a toss up between Katy, Memorial,and a possible La Porte. If they get a ton of help, Cy Fair could beinthe mix but it is going to take a few teams bombing a little to get them the help that they need. Looking at the results, many teams are gearing up for a good dog fight. Cy Woods looked real impressive at their meet putting 5 in the top 7 and Seven Lakes of course looked real good at their meet putting 5 in the top 10.
on the girls side, I have the top three as being Seven Lakes, Cy Woods, and then a toss up between Katy, Memorial,and a possible La Porte. If they get a ton of help, Cy Fair could beinthe mix but it is going to take a few teams bombing a little to get them the help that they need. Looking at the results, many teams are gearing up for a good dog fight. Cy Woods looked real impressive at their meet putting 5 in the top 7 and Seven Lakes of course looked real good at their meet putting 5 in the top 10.
10/29/2013 3:17:36 PM
User
On the boys side, it looks like a clear cut winner in Strake Jesuit. Then it will be a toss up between Cinco Ranch, Cy Woods, and Morton Ranch. But you never know who could have a good day and sneak into the mix.
On the boys side, it looks like a clear cut winner in Strake Jesuit. Then it will be a toss up between Cinco Ranch, Cy Woods, and Morton Ranch. But you never know who could have a good day and sneak into the mix.
10/29/2013 3:18:32 PM
Coach
Kingwood Park is also running very well for the boys. They would have to be a contender for the Region III-4A title
Kingwood Park is also running very well for the boys. They would have to be a contender for the Region III-4A title
10/29/2013 5:52:19 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Katy girls put 7 in front of Memorial's 3. For some reason everyone is just looking at rankings or predictions and not accounting for the fact that Katy added their 1 and 2 to their Humble ISD team. They are legit. Should have about 5 under 20 or real close to it on Saturday.
Katy girls put 7 in front of Memorial's 3.

For some reason everyone is just looking at rankings or predictions and not accounting for the fact that Katy added their 1 and 2 to their Humble ISD team. They are legit. Should have about 5 under 20 or real close to it on Saturday.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.