Benson and Covered Bridge Results.
09/07/2013 9:52:14 AM
User
Anybody have some?
Anybody have some?
09/07/2013 10:14:04 AM
Coach
@nameuser Not sure of team results, but at Double Dip individually Michael Thurston held off a late charging Kenan Farmer to win in 16:20ish. Frank Pitman and Owen Bailey followed near 17:00. Sands faded to around 6th or so. Walton put a big pack of guys in in front of Woodward's 5th and may have been enough. Tough to say and this is based purely off of memory (and those that know me won't put much stock in that - haha). The course looked challenging but fun. Guys that went for it early paid the price. There are some tough hills after the 2 mile mark that ate some kids alive. Overall perhaps comparable to Carrollton? The finish was awesomely done in my opinion. It was a nice long straightaway where the crowd could line both sides and cheer. Pretty spectator friendly course. Looked like another solid job done by Coach Heintz and co.
@nameuser

Not sure of team results, but at Double Dip individually Michael Thurston held off a late charging Kenan Farmer to win in 16:20ish. Frank Pitman and Owen Bailey followed near 17:00. Sands faded to around 6th or so. Walton put a big pack of guys in in front of Woodward's 5th and may have been enough. Tough to say and this is based purely off of memory (and those that know me won't put much stock in that - haha).

The course looked challenging but fun. Guys that went for it early paid the price. There are some tough hills after the 2 mile mark that ate some kids alive. Overall perhaps comparable to Carrollton? The finish was awesomely done in my opinion. It was a nice long straightaway where the crowd could line both sides and cheer. Pretty spectator friendly course. Looked like another solid job done by Coach Heintz and co.
09/07/2013 10:32:56 AM
Coach
http://www.ptgrouponline.com/Live/2013/XC/Roswell/ Covered Bridge run results. Brookwood over Etowah with Brookwood still short of their top probable 2 runners.
http://www.ptgrouponline.com/Live/2013/XC/Roswell/

Covered Bridge run results. Brookwood over Etowah with Brookwood still short of their top probable 2 runners.
09/07/2013 10:48:01 AM
User
thanks
thanks
09/07/2013 11:23:18 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@nameuser flowery branch won boys race at double dip. Marist girls win. Great event!
@nameuser flowery branch won boys race at double dip. Marist girls win. Great event!
09/07/2013 11:26:40 AM
User
How much did FB win by?
How much did FB win by?
09/07/2013 11:35:20 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@nameuser don't remember. Boys race was a great one with several surprises.
@nameuser don't remember. Boys race was a great one with several surprises.
09/07/2013 11:37:54 AM
User
@goldeneaglexc Next weekend will be very interesting. Big meets are next weekend. Some schools were not up on full force at Benson. Also does anyone have the results?
@goldeneaglexc Next weekend will be very interesting. Big meets are next weekend. Some schools were not up on full force at Benson. Also does anyone have the results?
09/07/2013 12:23:43 PM
User
@XCFANNUMBER1 i Impressive performance by Flowery Branch, with 5 runners 9-20. Woodward also ran well and finished second. Course was great, but challenging. Add about 1 min. to most of these kids' PRs.
@XCFANNUMBER1 i
Impressive performance by Flowery Branch, with 5 runners 9-20. Woodward also ran well and finished second. Course was great, but challenging. Add about 1 min. to most of these kids' PRs.
09/07/2013 12:40:57 PM
User
Did Navarro run?
Did Navarro run?
09/07/2013 12:52:31 PM
User
@nameuser No. Frank Pittman turned in an excellent performance in his absence. I was told that several top kids in this race had been fighting injuries and illness. Nonetheless, Flowery Branch deserves credit for their excellent teamwork and pack running.
@nameuser No. Frank Pittman turned in an excellent performance in his absence. I was told that several top kids in this race had been fighting injuries and illness. Nonetheless, Flowery Branch deserves credit for their excellent teamwork and pack running.
09/07/2013 1:26:11 PM
User
If Navarro happened to race and him or Thurston went 1 & 2 the team would have scored around an 85.
If Navarro happened to race and him or Thurston went 1 & 2 the team would have scored around an 85.
09/07/2013 1:40:38 PM
Coach
Was there a large bottle-neck at the start of the Boys Varsity race? If so, what was its impact on the times? Thanks!
Was there a large bottle-neck at the start of the Boys Varsity race? If so, what was its impact on the times?

Thanks!
09/07/2013 2:00:02 PM
User
@tracknfieldfiend where are the results? The point of the post is for the results.
@tracknfieldfiend where are the results? The point of the post is for the results.
09/07/2013 2:04:10 PM
Coach
@XCFANNUMBER1 Thanks Dad...
@XCFANNUMBER1
Thanks Dad...
09/07/2013 2:07:15 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
There was a large bottle neck at the 300M turn. Made it a tough decision... either blast off the line to establish position early to not get slowed to a walk and risk BLOWING UP on the Double Dips... or go out controlled and deal with an opening mile split 20 seconds slower than normal. Question is, does drag racing and going anaerobic in the first 800M of a cross race ultimately cost you more time in the last mile than the clog at 300M. Probably depends on the athlete, what kind of training they have been doing and how strong their aerobic system is. For young kids and newer runners, I'd vote for the go out slow and deal with the clog. For a kid with top 20 ability, I'd say it was better to get out quick to avoid the clog.
There was a large bottle neck at the 300M turn. Made it a tough decision... either blast off the line to establish position early to not get slowed to a walk and risk BLOWING UP on the Double Dips... or go out controlled and deal with an opening mile split 20 seconds slower than normal. Question is, does drag racing and going anaerobic in the first 800M of a cross race ultimately cost you more time in the last mile than the clog at 300M. Probably depends on the athlete, what kind of training they have been doing and how strong their aerobic system is. For young kids and newer runners, I'd vote for the go out slow and deal with the clog. For a kid with top 20 ability, I'd say it was better to get out quick to avoid the clog.
09/07/2013 2:12:16 PM
Coach
@crossfan2861 Thank you! Timing another meet today and was unable to attend.
@crossfan2861 Thank you! Timing another meet today and was unable to attend.
09/07/2013 2:39:19 PM
Coach
Marist Double Dip was a tough but great meet. Course was much harder than in 2012. Bottleneck, mud, woodchips stuck on spikes, and brutal hills; but still an awesome event! At quick glance, my varsity runners were 30-45 seconds slower on average than Berry last week, and honestly Berry was a fairly slow race as well due to the weather. At some point today will someone create a simple time comparison between today's meets? I have only briefly looked at Starr's Mill and Covered Bridge Results, but both of those courses appear to be very fast.
Marist Double Dip was a tough but great meet. Course was much harder than in 2012. Bottleneck, mud, woodchips stuck on spikes, and brutal hills; but still an awesome event! At quick glance, my varsity runners were 30-45 seconds slower on average than Berry last week, and honestly Berry was a fairly slow race as well due to the weather.

At some point today will someone create a simple time comparison between today's meets? I have only briefly looked at Starr's Mill and Covered Bridge Results, but both of those courses appear to be very fast.
09/07/2013 3:22:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Not sure about Starr's Mill, but Covered Bridge did not run fast at all. Great race though.
Not sure about Starr's Mill, but Covered Bridge did not run fast at all.
Great race though.
09/07/2013 4:03:15 PM
User
Great racing at Double Dip today. The Marist folks were awesome as usual. Our runner who ended up in the ambulance is fine. He was dehydrated so he got lots of fluid pumped in him. His mom wanted to thank all the people at the finish who helped him. Coach Simmons
Great racing at Double Dip today. The Marist folks were awesome as usual. Our runner who ended up in the ambulance is fine. He was dehydrated so he got lots of fluid pumped in him. His mom wanted to thank all the people at the finish who helped him.

Coach Simmons

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.