2012 Cross Country Highlights
McGorty and Thomson each give no quarter in the battle to the finish. (Photo by Joseph Bond)
Exciting Video of the duel to the finish.
- Video Coverage: All Race Videos and Interviews | Sean McGorty Interview | Jacob Thomson Interview | CBA Team Interview | Girls ROC | Boys ROC
- Photo Album by Joseph Bond
- What a barn-burner this one was with an amazing boys ROC!! Sean McGorty (Chantilly VA) won a duel with Jacob Thomson (Holy Cross KY) with both runners under the course record! Sean won in 14:43.6 and Jacob was just back in 14:43.9. Josh Brickell (Peachtree Ridge) was 3rd in 14:57.5, Thomas Madden (Skyline VA) was 4th in 14:59.2 and Bakri Abushouk (Cary NC) was 5th in 15:03.3. Christian Brothers Academy (NJ) dominated the team race against some elite talent, scoring just 60 points and setting the course average record at 15:24.04! Jack Boyle and Billy Bragg led the way for the squad, placing 6th and 7th respectively! St. Xavier (KY) was 2nd with 148 points and Cardinal O'Hara (PA) was 3rd with 161 points. Chantilly (VA) was 4th with 179 points, Brentwood (TN) was 5th with 280 points and Broughton (NC) was 6th with 288 points.
- In the girls ROC Maggie Drazba (St. Mary's WV) won with a quick time of 17:27.9 over Hannah Long (Eureka MO) was was clocked in 17:30. Taylor Driscoll (Saratoga Springs NY) finished in 3rd in 17:31.9. Assumption (KY) won the girls team race with 88 points and an average of 18:20.36. Saratoga Springs (NY) was 2nd with 136 points and Tatnall (DE) was 3rd with 142 points.
Montoya and Fakler crossing victoriously. (All photos by Margot Kelly)
Los Alamos dominated the boys team race.
Xavier College Prep took the race on the girls side.
- Sarah Fakler (Xavier College Prep) killed it in the girls Sweepstakes race, winning with a time of 17:34.28. Second place went to Great Oak, CA's Ashley Helbig who ran 18:07.31. Xavier College Prep (AZ) battled with Great Oak (CA) in the team battle and wound up winning 28 to 41.
- In the boys Sweepstakes race Bernie Montoya won comfortable with a time of 15:12.88. Andy Trouard (Salpointe Catholic) finished 2nd with a time of 15:24.41. Los Alamos (NM) steamrolled the competition to win with 98 points as Great Oak (CA) finished 2nd with 154 points.
- Amy-Eloise Neale (Glacier Peak WA) won over a stellar field with a time of 16:52. Alexa Efraimson (Camas WA) finished 2nd in 17:04 and Jordyn Colter (Cherry Creek CO) finished 3rd in 17:05.
- Estevan De La Rosa (Arcadia) won the boys seeded race with a time of 15:06. Sumner Goodwin (Lewis & Clark) was 2nd with a time of 15:09. Arcadia ran away with the team title, winning with 83 points and a team average of 15:47.80.
Emily Edwards and Nikita Shah closing out the girls ROC.
- Meet Coverage Headquarters
- Photo Albums: DigitalPixel | Islandwiderunner
- Video Coverage: Race highlights and video interviews
- Boys ROC: Carlos Miranda (Palmetto Ridge) won a highly competitive race with a time of 15:07.90. Avery Lopez (Belen Jesuit) finished 2nd in 15:13.20 and Daniel Salas (Trinity Prep) was 3rd in 15:17.60. Belen Jesuit Prep won the team title with a point total of 87 to out-pace Fort Myers with 126 points.
- Girls ROC: Emily Edwards (Fort Myers) won with a time of 17:43.80 and Nikita Shah (Wiregrass Ranch) was 2nd in 17:48.50. Estero girls dominated the team action with 75 points over Fort Walton Beach with 137 points.
Hauger and Cash size up 1k into the race. (Photo by Teri Durban)
Jake Leingang was on a roll at the Roy Griak meet. (Photo by Teri Durban)
- There were some exciting races on the boys side with Jake Leingang (Bismarck) and Carl Hirsch (Brookfield Central) battling up front. Jake won with a time of 15:42.37 over Carl in 15:43.32. Dowling Catholic won the team title over Bismarck 124 to 187. Dowling averaged 16:38 per man and Bismarck averaged 16:46 per man.
- The excitement didn't end there as the girls race featured top national talent as well. In the girls race Maria Hauger (Shakopee) won with a time of 17:50 over Alli Cash (Shawnee Mission West) in 17:55.4.
Brown running solo. (Photo by JTMillar)
- In the girls race Bethanie Brown (Waterville) broke Abbey Leonardi's meet record with a winning time of 17:56.69.
- Mike Tate (JH Gillis NS) travelled from Canada to win the boys race and broke the course and meet record with a time of 15:26.64. Trevor Crawley (Cumberland RI) finished 2nd with a quick time of 15:37.16.
- Ashley Erba (Warsaw) torched the 5000m layout here to the tune of a 17:17.14 clocking, winning by 1:42! Northridge defeated Warsaw 35 to 56.
- Ellis Coon (Warsaw) won the boys race in 15:56.75. Warsaw won with 29 points.
- The Varsity boys race was stacked with Andrew Gardner (Mead WA) taking the win with a time of 14:25.90. Adam Peterman (Missoula Hellgate MT) finished 2nd with a clocking of 14:33. Troy Fraley (Glacier) was 3rd in 14:45.30, John Dressel (Mt. Spokane (WA) was 4th in 14:51.80 and Zach Perrin (Flathead MT) was 5th in 14:58.20. University took the team title over Mt. Spokane 119 t0 123.
- In the girls Varsity race Makena Morley (Bigfork MT) won with a swift 17:07.40 clocking. Paige Gilchrist (Missoula Hellgate MT) finished 2nd in 17:31.10. Bozeman (MT) ran away with the team race, scoring just 74 points in a massive 300+ runner field.
- Flight 1: Courtney Ackerman (New Trier) won with a time of 16:25 over the 3 mile course.
- Flight 2: Lisa Luczak (Glenbard West) won with a time of 16:54.3.
- Flight 3: Jessica Ackerman (New Trier) won with a time of 17:10.4.
- Anna Rohrer (Mishawaka) won the girls race with a quick 17:38, winning by over a minute.
Carson City Invitational, MI
- Julia Bos (Grand Rapids Christian) won the girls varsity race with a clocking of 17:37.3.
- Connor Mora won the boys varsity race with a time of 15:31.4.
- Allie Ostrander (Kenai Central) took gold in the 4A girls race with a time of 18:46. Audrey Michaelson (Colony) finished 2nd with a time of 18:52. Wasilla won the team crown with 74 points.
- Levi Thomet (Kodiak) won over teammate Cole Christiansen in the boys 4A race with times of 16:11 and 16:18. West Valley won over Service by a score of 49 to 54.
Paul Short Run, PA
Start of the Girls Brown race. (Photo by Patty Morgan)
- Boys Brown Race: Rico Galassi (Holy Cross) won individually with a time of 15:44 and West Chester East won the team title with 152 points and a 33 second spread.
- Girls Brown Race: Mady Clahane (Cumberland Valley) won the girls race with a time of 18:10. Voorhees (NJ) won the team title with 104 points.
Todaro and Lindsley too the PUMA challenge titles. (Photos by Don Rich)
- Boys PUMA Challenge: Vinny Todaro (Big Spring) used a well-timed late kick to earn the win in 15:31.11 over Brent Kennedy (Kiski Area), timed in 15:33.15 for 2nd. West Chester Henderson (PA) defended PA turf by winning with 60 points over Don Bosco Prep (NJ), 2nd with 73 points, and St. Anthony's (NY), 3rd with 97 points.
- Girls PUMA Challenge: Pennsbury (PA) did not have any competition here, scoring 20 points for the team win by placing scoring runners in 3rd through 8th positions overall. Greta Lindsley (Penn Manor) won the individual battle with a time of 18:13.92.
Weisner all alone in her meet record attempt. (Photo by Kyle Brazeil)
- Kennedy Weisner (Elk County Catholic) won the Varsity A race with a meet record time of 16:46 over the 3 mile layout.
- Ryan Smathers (North East) won the Varsity boys A race with a time of 14:51.
Jacob Burcham and Sophie Chase workin' it up the hills. (Photos by Scott Reid)
- Boys Invitational Race: Jacob Burcham(Cabell Midland) made the trip from West Virginia worthwhile by snagging the race in a time of 15:28.46. Nick Tucker (Lake Braddock VA) finished 2nd with a time of 15:38.96. Shawn Wilson (Cherokee NJ) finished 3rd in 15:41.20. Saverna Park won the team race with 119 points.
- Girls Invitational Race: Sophe Chase (Lake Braddock VA) won convincingly with a time of 17:54.38 over Caroline Alcorta (West Springfield) who finished 2nd in 18:11.79. Lake Braddock dominated the team race with 43 points for the win but Lee's Summit West finished strong for 2nd with 74 points.
- Boys Jim Danner Championship: Wolfgang Beck (Gig Harbor WA) won the individual race with a time of 15:16.82. Elijah Armstrong (Pocatello ID) finished 2nd with a time of 15:28.86. Rocky Mountain won the team race with 112 points over Rancho Cucamonga (CA) with 163 points and Eisenhower (WA) with 175 points.
- Boys Division 1: Nicholas Hauger (Shadle Park WA) won individually with a clocking of 15:40.37 over Sean Newcomb (Walla Walla WA) who was 2nd in 15:49.01. Peninsula won over Centennial by a score of 144 to 189.
- Girls Jim Danner Championship:
- Girls Division 1:
- In the Varsity A race Eric Holt (Carmel) won with a time of 14:51.32 with teammate Benito Muniz finishing in 2nd with a time of 15:20.26. Syosset (NY) won the team crown with 103 points over Washington Township with 106 points.
- Gianna Frontera (Newburgh (NY) won the girls Varsity A race with a time of 17:52. Lenape Regional (NJ) won a close team battle with 86 points with Syosset (NY) 2nd with 88 and North Penn (PA) 3rd with 91 points.