2012 Outdoor Highlights
Check us out on Facebook here
Follow our tweets here
Boys Dream Mile
Girls Dream Mile
Boys Dream 100
Girls Dream 100
- Bernie Montoya (Mile) | Cami Chapus (Mile) | Jacob Burcham (Mile) | Angel Piccirillo (Mile) | Alli Cash (Mile) | Lily Williams (Mile) | Marcus Dickson (Mile) | Craig Engels (Mile) | Brannon Kidder (Mile)
- Levonte Whitfield (100m) | Shayla Sanders (100m) | Kali Davis-White (100m)
- Ajee Wilson (800) | All Videos
- David Rudisha (800m) | Tyson Gay Presser | Bernard Lagat (1500) | Robby Andrews (800m) | Alan Webb (1500) |
- Race Recaps by Geoffrey Decker
- Competitor List
- Elite Athlete Interview Series
- Diamond League site
Cami Chapus and Angel Piccirillo crossing the finish line at the Adidas Dream Mile.
- Girls Dream Mile - Cami Chapus (Harvard Westlake, CA) got he 2nd straight Dream Mile title with a time of 4:39.64 which is the US#8 All-Time individual performance in US history! Angel Piccirillo (Homer Center) was 2nd in 4:39.94, #11 all-time, and Alli Cash was 3rd in 4:39.98, #12 all-time.
- Boys Dream Mile - Bernie Montoya (Cibola, AZ) relied on his strong kick to win the Dream Mile in 4:01.32 putting him at US#1 breaking the Arizona State Record held by Billy Orman. Jacob Burcham (Cabell Midland, WV) finished a strong second with a time of 4:02.73 for US#2 followed by Josh Lampron (Mansfield, MA) in 4:02.98 for US#3.
- Girls Dream 100m - Shayla Sanders (Boyd Anderson) won the title with a time of 11.34, a big improvement on her 5th place performance last year.
- Boys Dream 100m - Levonte Whitfield won the boys Dream 100 meter dash in 10.43 to take over the US#1 spot. Abraham Hall finished 2nd in 10.54 followed by Raymond Bozmans in 10.59. Jazeel Murphy from Jamaica took 2nd in 10.47.
- Women's 800m - Ajee Wilson (Neptune NJ) improved slightly on her PR with a 7th place finish in 2:02.61! Amy Weissenbach (Harvard Westlake) finished strong for 8th in 2:04.03.
- Shelby Vaughan (TX) increased her US record in the discus with a toss of 193-11, just mind-blowing for a HS senior!!
- Aldrich Bailey (TX) won the 400m dash with ease in 47.57 but then torched the track in the 200m dash with a 20.49w with Devon Allen 2nd in 20.92.
- Trinity Wilson (CA) won the 100H with a quick time of 13.30.
- Devon Allen (AZ) won the 110H with a very fast 13.32 clocking.
- Ky Westbrook (AZ) won the 100m dash with a swift 11.42 clocking.
- South Eugene (OR) ran a solo 4x1500m relay and smashed the National Record with a clocking of 18:42.33!
- Complete Coverage of the NY State Champs
- LIVE Coverage Page with LIVE Tweeting
- Photo Albums - Kyle Brazeil | Brian Sparacino | DCBrown95
- Videos Interviews
Day Two Highlights
Boys and Girls won a blistering 4x400m relay with a time of 3:14.22. Mount Vernon was 2nd in 3:16.36.
Collegiate School edged out Pearl River in the 4x800m relay with times of 7:41.44 to 7:42.45.
- Zavon Watkins (Liverpool) won the 800m run with a time of 1:51.21.
- Dezmond Mobley (Greece-Olympia) won the long jump with an impressive leap of 25-2.
- Kyle Plante (Colonie) won the girls 400m dash with a swift 53.60 clocking.
- Mary Cain (Bronxville) won the girls 1500m run with a controlled effort of 4:19.78.
- Nick Ryan (Fayetteville-Manlius) held off Zavon Watkins (Liverpool) to win the boys 1600m run with a time of 4:05.36 with Watkins in 4:07.24. The time is a State meet record and takes down the 30 year old time of Mike Stahr.
- Kadecia Baird (Medgar Evers) won the girls 100m dash with a time of 11.73. Baird also won the 200m dash in 23.57.
- Kelsey Margey won the 800m run in 2:09.86.
- Medgar Evers Prep won the 4x100m dash with a quick 46.70 time.
- Garden City torched the trac in the 4x400m relay, winning with a time of 3:45.25.
- Fayetteville-Manlius took the 4x800m relay title with a time of 9:00.28.
Day One Highlights
- Kadecia Baird (Medgar Evers) stormed the track to a state leading meet record in the 100m prelims, with a strong 11.63. Whether she will be able to repeat on the wet track on Saturday is yet to be seen, but her 23.81 in the 200m prelims impressed as well
- Kelsey Margey (Friends Academy) became the first overall state champion of the day, winning the girls 800m Championship in 2:09.86, splitting about a 64.
- Zavon Watkins (Liverpool) followed up with a win in the 800m boys Championship in 1:51.21, after strong pushes from several athletes.
- Lizzie Predmore (Shenendehowa) has overcome a lot of injury and illness this season, and it seemed to pay off after she won the 3000m Championship in a strong 9:54.92
- Nick Ryan (Fayetteville-Manlius) lead a slow first split of about 4:40 for the first mile, but kicked it up a notch with a win of 9:03.81, after huge negative split of 4:26.
- Alexis Bartholomew (Binghamton) defied the wind to win the Girls Pole Vault Championship in 12' 0"
- Greg Gallagher (Iona Prep) was the last athlete of the day to be still competing, but it paid off after his 16-foot jump secured his win in the boy Pole Vault Championship.
- Daniel Jamieson (Windsor) won the 100m dash in 10.47 and the 200m dash in 21.17.
- Henry Wynne (Staples) won the 1600m run with a quick time of 4:13.33.
- Matt McClintock (Madison) won the 3200m run with a fine 9:06.24 clocking.
- Windsor (CT) won the 4x100m relay in 42.22 and then lit up the track in the 4x400m relay with a meet record time of 3:17.97.
- Wachusett (MA) took down Fairfield Prep (CT) in the 4x800m with times of 7:54.36 to 7:55.63.
- Jake Scinto (Cheshire) won the high jump with a leap of 6-11.
- Shellyann Lindo won the girls 100m dash in 11.75 and the 200m dash in 24.27.
- Sydnee Over (Windsor) won the 800m run with a quick 2:08.41 clocking.
- Bethanie Brown (Waterville) put on a distance clinic, winning a close 1600m run in 4:50.39 over Elle Purrier (Richford), 4:50.45. She then came back and won the 3200m run in 10:31.19.
- Windsor (CT) won the 4x400m relay with a time of 3:51.44.
- La Salle Academy (RI) won the girls 4x800m relay with a time of 9:13.08.
- Jacilyn Briggs (Keene) won the girls pole vault with a meet record height of 12-09.