2011 Indoor Highlights
Check us out on Facebook here
Follow our tweets here
Indoor track is underway here on the East Coast and already some amazing action has taken place! Check back here for updates through the weekend as we catch up on the indoor season now that Cross Country is in the books for 2011.
- Live updates on ArmoryTrack.com
- Photos by Kyle Brazeil
- Edward Cheserek (St. Benedict's) ran a 4:09.90 in the boys mile running a 66 second 400 lap. Cheserek's time ranks at #5 all time at the Armory!
- Eric Futch (Penn Wood PA) smoked the track in the 300 meter dash with a time of 33.56, good for #10 all-time in the US.
- Alexis Panisse (Benjamin Cardozo NY) won the girls Mile to earn a Millrose berth with a time of 5:00.89.
- Sabrina Southerland (Benjamin Cardozo NY) won the girls 1000 meter run with a time of 2:57.50.
- The girls 600 meter dash was a close one with Dominique Claudio (St. John Villa NY) winning in 1:35.49 over Sara Adler (Suffern NY) in 1:35.66 and Brittany Adams (Dewitt Clinton NY), 1:35.78.
- Kimberley Ficenec (Mountain View VA) won the 1000 meter run with a time of 2:56.49.
- Kiah Seymour (Archbishop Carroll DC) ran quick to win the 500 meter dash with a time of 1:15.85.
- Westfield (VA) ran impressively in the boys 4x400 and 4x800, winning with times of 3:28.97 and 8:04.19.
- Quincy Smith (Smiths Station AL) blasted a 49.04 winning time in the 400 meter dash to shatter the old meet record. Also under 50 was Carson Chambliss (Hewitt-Truss AL), who was 2nd in 49.50.
- Veronica Lyle (Hewitt-Truss AL) won the 400 meter dash with a meet record time of 57.58.
- Tracy McKinney (Smiths Station AL) broke his own record in the 60 dash with a winning time of 6.91. Jamarcus Howard (Northridge AL) was 2nd, also under the old record with a time of 6.93.
- Caitland Smith (Pelham AL) won the girls 60 meter dash and got under the old record with a time of 7.73. Joy Maneice-Marbury (Hoover AL) was also under the old record with her 2nd place clocking of 7.78.
North Shore closes out a great race. (Photo by Kyle Brazeil)
- Photos by Kyle Brazeil
- North Shore (NY) girls invaded the Armory and left with a rather impressive prize as they captured the National Record for the 4x1500 meter relay with a time of 18:50.91! Samantha Nadel split an impressive 4:29 split while Brianna Nerud split a solid 4:32! More details and photos coming!
- Mary Cain (Bronxville NY) won the 1000 meter run with a time of 2:49.58, very fast for December! The time is 14th best All-Time in the US.
TFCAofGP Meet #2, PA
- Drew Magaha (Upper Moreland PA) rocketed a 1:54.20 for the win and new US#1 time over 800 meters.
- Kyle Long (Hempfield PA) won the boy shot put with a US#1 toss of 59-00.50.