2011 Cross Country Highlights
- Molly Seidel (University Lake) torched this 4000 meter layout with an unbelievable time of 13:36.5, a full 38 seconds ahead of 2nd place!! This time is fresh off of last weekend where she ran 13:34.54 at the Arrowhead Invitational.
US#1 Fayetteville-Manlius shows their depth (Photo by Tullyrunners)
Jillian Fanning and Nick Ryan led the charge for Fay-Man (Photos by Kyle Brazeil)
- US#1 Fayettville-Manlius NY girls rocked the Varsity 1 race by taking the top-8 places. US#6 Jillian Fanning won the race with the fastest time of the day, an 18:05.2 clocking. US#11 Christie Rutledge was 2nd in 18:23.2 and US#15 Katie Sischo was 3rd in 18:44.8. Fay-Man scored 15 points for the win and boasted an 18:38.4 team average.
- In the girls Varsity 2 race Laura Leff (West Genesee) won with a convincing 18:09.4 to finish with the 2nd fastest time overall. US#13 North Shore NY girls took the next 4 places, including Brianna Nerud (2nd in 18:35.1) and Samantha Nadel (3rd in 18:36.2) to win the team title with 24 points over Warwick Valley NY.
- The fastest time of the day for boys came from the Varsity 5 race as Daniel Lennon (Peru) won with a 16:07.9 clocking.
- US#14 Fayetteville-Manlius NY boys won the Varsity 1 race with just 23 points and an impressive 39 second 1-5 compression. Nick Ryan led up front with the individual win in 16:10.7.
- A major upset occurred in the boys Varsity 6 race as US#4 Shaker NY was beaten by Arlington NY 32 to 45, but Shaker ran without #1 man Christian Delgado and #4 man Ethan Hausamann Shaker held a 16:48 team average to Arlington's 16:51 but the 1-5 compressions were 32 seconds for Arlington and 1:09 for Shaker and that made all the difference. Mike Libruk won the individual title for Shaker in 16:10.0.
- In the boys Varsity race US#17 Rush Henrietta NY won with 29 points and a 16:51 team average. Nate Kozyra led the way with the individual win in 16:12.5.
(Photo by Andy Martin)
- US#3 Futsum Zeinasellassie (North Central) blasted a 14:36.20 for 5000 meters to win the boys individual Varsity Green race. Jason Crist (Franklin Central) was 2nd in a time of 15:26.90.
- In the Varsity Green race Carl Smith (Bloomington South) won with a time of 15:28.00.
- US#5 Columbus North IN boys won the Varsity Green race with 64 points over Bloomington South who had 100 points. Columbus had a 15:57.36 average with a 39 second 1-5 split!
- US#1 Christian Brothers Academy NJ showed incredible depth in this class race with senior TJ Mullen leading the way with a 3rd place showing of 16:24.40 in the Senior race. In the Sophomore race Lucas McCabe won in 16:25.89 while Andrew Reda came in next at 16:29.06. CBA harriers then occupied the 4th-6th spots with Thomas Rooney going 16:37.21, Francis Bogan 16:41.20 and Steve Ham 16:54.20. The 1-5 spread was an impressive 17 seconds and the 1-6 spread was only 30 seconds!
(Photo by Bob Piccirillo)
- MileSplit watchlister Angel Piccirillo (Homer Center) sizzled to a 17:36 victory in the girls Varsity race. Piccirillo dominated the field and finished with the second fastest HS time ever on the course in 17:36. She's sandwiched between two Saratoga Springs legends Hannah Davidson 17:24 (2006) and Erin Davis 17:37 (1996).
- NY star Mary Cain (Bronxville) won the girls Varsity race on the 2.5 mile layout at Van Cortlandt Park with a quick 14:16 clocking. Bronxville NY took the team title with 22 points with all scorers inside the top-10.
- Don Bosco Prep NJ won the boys Varsity race with an impressive 22 points and a 13:10 average with a 1-5 compression of 22 seconds!
- Christian Costello led the way for Prep, winning with a time of 13:00.24.
- US#5 Ahmed Bile (Annandale) rolled on the 3-mile layout to a winning time of 15:04.70 as Sean McGorty (Chantilly) was 2nd in 15:08.30. Chantilly VA won the boys team race with 66 points.
- Sophie Chase (Lake Braddock) won with ease in a time of 17:33.30. West Potomac VA won the team title with 106 points.
(Photo by Jonathan Grooms)
- Video interviews - Jacob Burcham | Brock Baker | Carmel Girls
- Video footage - Girls finish line | Boys finish line | Girls race footage | Boys race footage
- WVRunners.com Race Summary
- Photos by Jonathan Grooms
- Meet Preview
- Live blog coverage
- US#3 Carmel IN girls won the Varsity race as Sarah Bennett (Carmel) took the individual title.
- In boys competition US#6 Jacob Burcham (Cabell Midland) won the individual title with a quick 15:03 clocking. Brock Baker (TN) was 2nd in 15:07. Carmel IN won the boys team title.
- US#16 Elliot Clemente (Belen Jesuit) blasted a 15:27.45 to win over teammate Avery Lopez, 15:49.94.
- Belen Jesuit FL won the team title with 36 points over Christopher Columbus FL.
- In the girls elite race the lead pack followed a boys race that was in front of them and added 400 meters to their race, thereby killing their chances of winning. This is covered in the meet summary and interviews.
- Stefanie Kurgatt (Maclay School) won the elite race with a time of 19:23. Shelby Davidson (Cocoa Beach), who was in the unfortunate lead pack, was 2nd in 19:47. *Note: Kurgatt was also in the pack that went off course, but turned earlier than the others.
- Daniel Moore (Holy Trinity Academy) won the boys elite race with a time of 15:50.
- US#18 Daniel Vertiz (San Antonio Reagan) blasted a 14:48.50 to win the Varsity Gold race.
- Karis Jochen (College Station) smoked a 17:36.90 in the girls Gold race to win by an impressive 1:23 margin.
- US#5 Erin Finn (West Bloomfield) rolled to a course record time of 17:16 to win the Nike Elite race. Hannah Meier (Grosse Pointe South) was 2nd with a time of 17:38. Saline MI won a close girls race over Grosse Pointe South MI 159 to 179.
- Evan Chiplock (Saginaw) won the boys Nike Elite race with a time of 15:18 over Tanner Hinkle (Mason) who ran 15:23. Grandville Calvin Christian MI won the team race with 172 points and a 16:08 team average.
- US#8 Cami Chapus (Harvard Westlake) smoked the course with a 16:19 clocking for the fastest time of the day.
- US#26 Great Oaks CA won the girls title with 89 points. US#29 Simi Valley CA was 2nd.
- US#3 Arcadia CA boys won the team title with Great Oaks CA 2nd.
- US#22 CJ Albertson (Buchanan) improved his time by 35 seconds to take the fastest time of the day with a 14:13 clocking.
- US#8 Anthony Armstrong (Kamiakan) blasted a course record 15:00.4 5k in Monmouth yesterday.
- US#5 Summit OR girls impressed with a strong showing as Ashley Maton won individually with a time of 18:11.
Abrahamson and US#7 Fahy closing on the finish (Photos by Margot Kelly)
- US#7 Darren Fahy (La Costa Canyon) won the Division 1 Senior race with the fastest time of the day, a swift 14:44!
- In Division 2 action Dylan Blankenbaker (Ramona) won the boys Senior race with a swift 15:11 clocking for 2.95 miles. Dylan has impressively won the race all four years of his HS career!
- There was a tiight battle in the Division 1 Junior race as Christian Freeman (Carlsbad) won in 15:08 and Porter Reddish (Vista Murietta) was 2nd in 15:09.
- Emma Abrahamson (La Costa Canyon) won the girls 2.75 mile Sophomore Class race with a time of 15:01. The time is just off the Soph class record of 15:00.
- US#10 La Costa Canyon CA girls came out on top of the team merge with 67 points and a 15:40 team average.
- Rancho Cucamonga CA won the boys team merge with 120 points and a 15:35 average.
- Rising OH star Tsehaye Hiluf (Reynoldsburg) blasted to a 15:05.50 winning time in the boys D1 Varsity race.
- Kayla Scott (Canal Winchester) won won the D1 girls Varsity race over Paige Szabat (Wadsworth) 18:04.80 to 18:07.90.
- US#23 Jordan Redd (Fairborn) was upset by Sam Wharton (Tippecanoe) in the boys D1 Varsity race 15:47 to 15:57.
- Jacquelyn Crow (Lebanon) ran a tight girls D1 Varsity race over Monica Lake (Mason) 18:14 to 18:16.
- Kendra Weitz (Shadle) blasted a time of 17:22 for 4920 meters to top Maddie Meyers who was 2nd in 17:27 in the girls Varsity race.
- In the boys Varsity race US#15 Nathan Weitz (Shadle Park) won with a quick time of 14:33 while Jacob Smith was 2nd in 14:41.
- US#7 New Trier IL girls ran with impressive strength as they won with 34 points and a 18:28.35 average for the 3 mile course.
- Brooke Wolfe (Prospect) won the girls title with a time of 17:46.98. New Trier took the next 3 spots as Courtney and Jessica Ackerman were 2-3 in 17:52.64 and 17:52.96. Mimi Smith was 4th in 17:53.18.
- In boys action Michael Leet completed the Prospect individual sweep with a winning time of 15:27.74. Prospect IL won the boys team title with 54 points.
(Photo by Jeff McCoy)
- Sensational frosh Jordyn Colter (Cherry Creek) upset Erin Hooker (Fort Collins) with an amazing 17:52 winning time while Hooker finished in 17:55. Erin Hooker led US#15 Fort Collins CO to the team victory over Cherry Creek 75 to 112.
- In boys action US#8 Fort Collins CO ripped the competition with 49 points to Fairview's 81.
- US#10 Davis UT boys ran a stellar race as they scored just 30 points in a field withe over 300 runners and 45 teams. Davis had a 42 second 1-5 compression and a 5000 average of 16:07.38. All 5 Davis scorers were in the top-10 overall.
- Ben Saarel (Park City) edged Davis senior Brad Nye at the line 15:42.60 6o 15:42.90.
- Sarah Feeny (Ogden) won the girls title in 18:20.10 over Natalie Shields (East) who was 2nd in 18:25.10.
- Ogden UT took the girls race over Skyline UT 87 to 97.
- In the boys Varsity Gold race US#12 The Woodlands TX smoked the course with a 16:11.55 team average to win with just 45 points. The squad had just 46 seconds compression 1-5 and just 49 seconds 1-6.
- Craig Nowak (Houston Cypress) won the boys Gold title with a time of 15:17.36. Bradley Dohner (Klein Oak) was 2nd in 15:23.00.
- US#6 Kingwood TX girls put a stamp on their spot in the rankings with an impressive win in the girls Gold race with just 39 points and an 11:38.34 average for 2 miles. The girls of Humble had an impressive 40 second spread 1-5 and just 43 seconds for 1-6.
- Cali Roper (Willis) won the girls Gold individual title with a time of 11:06.18 while Sandie Raines led Kingwood with a runner-up finish in 11:14.95.
- US#13 Palatine IL boys won the Varsity race with 113 points a 14:56.20 team average over the 3-mile layout. Malachy Schrobilgen (Oak Park) won the individual title with a quick 14:21 while Erik Peterson (Barrington) was 2nd in 14:25. Loyola Academy IL had an impressive duo up front as Todd Ford was 3rd in 14:26 and William Hague was 4th in 14:29.
- Kaylee Flanagan (Lake Park) won the girls Varsity race with a solid 16:44 clocking to win by 16 seconds. Lake Park IL won the team battle over Palatine IL with 126 points.
- US#1 Wesley Frazier competed unattached in the College womens race and finished 6th in 17:42.6 while Samantha George (Millbrook) was 6th in 17:45.1.
- In the girls Championship race Midlothian VA defeated West Chester Henderson PA in a close race 54 to 58.
- Eliza Dekker (Durham Academy) won the girls Championship title with a time of 17:59.2.
- US#19 Midlothian VA boys won the Championship race with 93 points over Chapel Hill with 110.
- In individual boys action US#10 Thomas Graham (Cary Academy) won with a time of 15:18.71 while Sam Roberson (Broughton) was 2nd in 15:25.72.
- US#19 Glacier Peak WA competes in Langley WA this weekend.
- US#20 Campolindo CA girls compete here this weekend.
- US#21 Bismarck ND boys posted a stellar 16 points and 16:08.40 team average to win as they took the top 4 spots and 6th place. While the 1-5 compression was just 1:26 that shrinks to an amazing 21 seconds without Leingang!
- US#11 Jacob Leingang won the race overall with a time of 15:12, 1:05 ahead of a pack of his teammates.
- Frosh Jordan Jacob (Century) won the girls Varsity 4k race in 15:00.
Lacy leads Gerlach out of the woods. (Photo by Don Rich)
- Video Interviews - Megan Lacy | Dustin Wilson | Tori Gerlach
- Photo Albums - PTXC | PMPhotography
- Full Meet Coverage
- US#22 Pennsbury PA won a tight team battle over PA#4 Downingtown East PA 53 to 54.
- US#16 Megan Lacy (Cherokee) won the girls Championship race with a swift #3 All-time 18:04.20 clocking. Pennridge SR Tori Gerlach was 2nd with a time of 18:18.30 while North Penn SR Meghan McGovern was 3rd in 18:21.10.
- Dustin Wilson (Chestnut Hill Academy) won the boys Championship race with a #3 All-time clocking of 15:39. O'Hara PA won the team title with 48 points.
- Kari Grippo (Gulf) won the girls varsity with a very quick time of 17:24.78, but the course was radically different from years past, so the times are unusually fast.
- Argishti Gazari (Anclote) won the boys race with a time of 15:33.3.
- US#22 Albermarle VA boys compete in Lexington VA this weekend.
- US#23 American Fork UT boys get their season started in Provo UT for their first true test of the season.
- US#23 Bozeman MT girls won easily with 30 points as 6 girls got inside the top-13.
- Leah Espostio (Helena) won the race with a time of 19:01.88.
- Matt Barker (Helena) won the boys race with a time of 16:18.17.
- Bozeman MT boys completed the team sweep by winning with 31 points.
- US#24 Champlain Valley VT battles in Burlington this weekend.
- US#25 North Alleghany PA boys took the Varsity 1 race 96 points and a 44 second 1-5 compression. Dan Jaskowak (Grove City) won the individual race with a time of 15:43.51.
- Carissa Jenkins (Austintown-FItch) won the girls Varsity 1 race in 18:40.75.