McHenry County Invite, IL
- Kayle Beattie, Woodstock IL, blasted a 10:16.48 and 4:56.57 for the 3200/1600 double!
- Ammar Moussa (Sr., Arcadia) ran the 1600 meter run in a 4:10.27 for a US#2 time (unconverted). Moussa also finished 2nd in the 800 with a 1:53.21 for a US#14.
- Nick Rivera (Jr., Rowland High) won the 800 meter run with a 1:52.74 for a US#10. Rivera finished 2nd in the 1600 with a 4:16.17.
Kansas Relays, KS
The Kansas Relays will be going on all weekend and will offer the 2nd of 3 opportunities for prep athletes to earn a spot in the Dream Mile and Dream 100 as part of the Adidas Golden Stripes series.
|Boys 100 race||Boys 100 interview|
|Girls 100 race||Girls 100 interview|
|Boys 1600 race||Boys 1600 interview|
|Girls 1600 race||Girls 1600 interview|
- FloTrack On-Demand Videos from KU Relays
- Saturday On-Site Coverage Article
- MileSplit On-Site Coverage Article
- Live Results
- Video Interviews: Ladue girls 4x880 meet record | All interviews
- Photos: MoMileSplit album
- Adonis Saunders, Olathe-Northe, won the Dream 100 qualifier with a time of 10.59. After the race Adidas officials confirmed he is in the race in NY in June.
- Peyton Chaney, Nerinx Hall, won the girls Dream 100 qualifier with a time of 12.03.
- Ladue girls won the 4x880 yard relay with a meet record time of 9:21.39. The previous record had stood for 25 years.
- Samantha Levin, Ladue, won the 800 meter title on Friday with a blazing time of 2:10.07.
- Le Tristan Pledger (Sr., Kansas City) had the fastest time in the 100 hurdle prelims with a 13.91 followed by Lindsay Vollmer in 14.39. Pledger's time earned her a US#6 spot.
- Macauley Garton (Sr., Mill Valley) won the Javelin with a tremendous throw of 212-11 for a US#1. Garrett Griffin (Jr., Louisburg) finished 2nd with a 189-03 for a US#12.
- Colleen Quigley (Sr., Nerinx MO) won the 1600 meter run in 4:53.32 for a US#9. Quigley ran a quick first lap in 69 and the final lap in 72 with a 2:26 half mile split. She also won the 3200 on Friday night with a 10:44.66
- Columbia bound Daniel Everet (Sr., Westminster) pulled away from the group with 100 meters to go to win the 1600 meter run in 4:12.58 for a US#12. Twin brother David (Princeton bound) won the 2nd session in 4:21.07.
- Samantha Ralstin (Sr., Oak Ridge) moved up the leader board to US#16 with a 2:12.47 in the 800 meter run.
- Ryan Crouser, Barlow OR, had an impressive day, winning the shot put with a throw of 72-07.50 to break his own meet record and then tossing the disc 208-05 to take down Sam Crouser's meet record from last year.
- Haley Crouser, Gresham OR, won the javelin with a monster 173 toss to crush the meet record and land at US#5 All-Time! Interview here. She also won the 100 hurdles with a time of 14.84.
- Sean Keller, Heritage, crushed a 232-01 for a new WA state record and US#5 All-Time performance!
- Soph Andrew Garnder, Mead WA, won the boys 3000 meter run with a time of 8:39.46.
- Badane Sultessa, Centennial OR, won the boys 1500 meter run with a time of 3:59.65, 3 seconds clear of the field.
Oregon Relays, OR
- Christine Kirkwood, Othello, won a thrilling javelin battle with Avione Allgood, Legacy, with a throw of 166-06 to 164-04.
- Greg Skipper, Oregon City, tossed the hammer 220-03 to win by nearly 60 feet! Skipper holds the state record of 229-3 in the event.
- Samantha Kennedy, Lord Tweedmuir, tossed the hammer 166-02 for US#2 and US#9 All-Time.
James Logan Top-8 Invitational, CA
- Reports indicate that Ciarra Brewer, James Logan CA, popped a US#1 and T-US#12 All-Time 42-09 in the triple jump this weekend. Ciarra already owns the US#7 All-Time mark at 43-04.25 from 2009. More info coming.
Mooberry Relays, WA
- Nathan Weitz, Shadle Park WA, won the Lindgren Mile with a new meet record time of 4:12.76 seconds, taking the lead with over a lap to go. Weitz's time crushed the old record of 4:19.06 set by Ben Johnston in 2010.
- Katie Knight, North Central WA, broke her own record of 5:01.7, running a time of 4:54.61 to defeat Kendra Weitz, 4:56.26.
- North Central WA boys also set a meet record in the 4x800 relay, running a US#4 time of 7:50.3.
Division 2-5A, MS
- Justin Fondren, Oxford MS, took over US#1 in the high jump yesterday, clearing 7-02.25 on his home track.
- Sam Kendricks, Oxford MS, improved his pole vault with a jump of 16-02.25, a new state best.
(Photo by Patty Morgan)
- Photos by Patty Morgan
- Video Interviews
- Abington PA won the boys 4x800 meter relay with a US#3 time of 7:50.13 with splits of 1:59.6, 1:57.3, 1:57.5, and 1:55.6.
- Kendell Williams, Kell GA, dominated the meet with three wins in the HJ, 100H, and the 300H. Kendell won the HJ in 5-10, the 100H in 13.45, and the 300H in 43.00. Kendell set meet records in the 100H and the high jump.
- Aaron Ernest, Homewood AL, won the 100 and 200 dashes in impressive fashion with blazing times of 10.22 and 20.93.
- Emily Yarnell, Hardin Valley Academy, won the 200 dash with a US#5 time of 23.85 over LaQuisha Jackson, Howard School, who ran a US#9 clocking of 23.99.
- Edward Cheserek, St. Benedicts NJ, finished 3rd in the 5000 with a US#10 all time performance of 14:02.33.
- Eddie Owens, Packer Collegiate NY, finished 7th in the 3K steeple with a blazing 8:59.53 for 4th all time and US#1 this season.
- Megan Lacy, Cherokee NJ, finished 13th in the women's 5k with a US#1 clocking of 16:50.75.
- Thomas Diliberto (Jr., Saint Anthon) won the boys 2000 Meter Steeplechase with a US#1 time of 6:08.86. Joe Ray (Sr., Bayport/Blue) finished 2nd with a US#3 time of 6:18.49. Cole Conte (Jr., Port Jeffers) took the US#4 spot running the event in 6:19.63 followed by Bayport/Blue sophomore John Antonacci in 6:21.55 for a US#5. Tyler Murtha (Sr., Connetquot) finished 5th in the Steeplechase with a time of 6:25.64 for a US#7 followed very closely by Frank Segreto (Jr., Saint Anthon) who finished 6th with a US#8 6:25.74. Landing in 7th place with a time of 6:27.60 was Connor Crowley (Sr., Bayport/Blue) for a US#9. Matt Zampariello (Sr., St. John) finished 8th in 6:29.25 for a US#10.
- In the girls 2000 Meter Steeplechase, Brianna Nerud (Jr., North Shore) won the event with a US#1 time of 6:53.75. Kira Garry (Sr., Friends Academy) followed with a US#2 time of 7:13.01. Anna Corrigan (Jr., Northport) finished 3rd in 7:20.93 for a US#4 followed by Melanie Notarstefano (Jr., Sachem East) who finished in 7:25.18 for a US#8. Katie Saroka (So., Bayport/Blue) finished 5th in the race with a time of 7:30.34 for a US#12.
- Zach Krause (Sr., Connetquot) won the boys 3000 Meter Steeplechase in 9:50.03 for a US#4. Robert Calamia (Jr., Smithtown) finished 2nd in 9:55.45 for a US#7.