* Drew Griffith (left) won National Boys Performer Of The Week for week nine behind a record-breaking PIAA District 7 performance; Kevin Sanchez (right) earns a nomination in week 10 for his second-straight UIL Texas 6A state title win.
- - -
In the week nine poll, perhaps one of the best to take to the course in the state of Pennsylvania took home national recognition after yet another historic race.
Butler junior Drew Griffith earned the National Performer Of The Week nod in the ninth poll of the season behind a stellar 15:17.2 5k performance at the PIAA District 7 Championships, breaking the Roadman Park course record of 15:32.56 that he set at the TSTCA Championships just a week prior. That winning race also earned Griffith a 197 speed rating.
Griffith earned 48-percent of the poll vote to secure the weekly performer award.
Now for our 10th poll of the season, there are a slew of state champions and national talents to consider, all of whom put together impressive performances in the first week of November.
Vote below for your National Boys Performer Of The Week for races contested from Oct. 31 - Nov. 6.
Brian DiCola, Hatboro Horsham (PA): Won the Pennsylvania Class AAA State Championships with a new Hershey Parkview course record of 15:24.20, registering an elite-level 199 speed rating.
Kevin Sanchez, Austin Vandegrift (TX): Earned his second-straight UIL Texas 6A individual state title in 15:26.3 for 5k, earning a 191 speed rating.
Tyrone Gorze, Crater (OR): Ran a new meet and course record of 14:37.9 at the Oregon Class 5A State Championships, which earned him a 199 speed rating and helped the Crater boys program to a state team title.
Sage Wilde, Liberty North (MO): Won his first Missouri Class 5 state title in 15:05.90 for 5k, which also led Liberty North to a title win as a team.
Connor Ackley, Hilliard Davidson (OH): Secured the first Ohio Division I state championship of his career with a 15:10.10 winning 5k time. That also gave the senior a 191 speed rating.
Jacob Nenow, Jesuit (OR): Earned an Oregon Class 6A individual state title with a 5k finish of 15:06.3 -- equivalent to a 190 speed rating -- and led Portland Jesuit to a dominant win in the team race.
- Week 1: Sage Wilde, Liberty North (MO)
- Week 2: Sage Wilde, Liberty North (MO)
- Week 3: Connor Ackley, Hilliard Davidson (OH)
- Week 4: Drew Griffith, Butler (PA)
- Week 5: Brian DiCola, Hatboro Horsham (PA)
- Week 6: Hunter Jones, Benzie Central (MI)
- Week 7: Noah Breker, Robbinsdale Armstrong (MN)
- Week 8: Adam Furman, Tri-Valley (NY)
- Week 9: Drew Griffith, Butler (PA)