* Kate Wiser of Southbury Pomperaug opened her XC season at the Northeast Cross Country Club Championships
- - -
Jenna Hutchins earned her fifth National Girls Performer of the Week honors after having a record-breaking performance at the RunningLane XC Championships.
Not only did she come home with the victory, but she also broke the high school national 5K record in 15:58.42. Hutchins became the first high school girls runner to break 16 minutes for 5K. She also earned a 167 speed rating for this performance, which was the third-highest speed rating for a female this season.
Science Hill's junior accumulated about 84-percent of the votes with 341 tallies. A big congratulations goes out to Hutchins on this major accomplishment.
Vote for whom you think should win this week's national honor following this most recent week of action. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll.
NPOTW XC Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)
- Week 2 Winner: Isabella Babilonia, Melbourne Viera (FL)
- Week 3 Winner: Anastacia Gonzalez, Boerne Champion (TX)
- Week 4 Winner: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)
- Week 5 Winner: Ava Parekh, Chicago Latin (IL)
- Week 6 Winner: Abbey Nechanicky, Wayzata (MN)
- Week 7 Winner: Crawford West, Vestavia Hills (AL)
- Week 8 Winner: Analee Weaver, Stillwater (MN)
- Week 9 Winner: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)
- Week 10 Winner: Annie Christie, Carmel (IN)
- Week 11 Winner: Karina James, Lowell (IN)
- Week 12 Winner: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)
- Week 13 Winner: Caroline Wells, Winter Springs (FL)
- Week 14 Winner: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)