* Karina James became the IHSAA Cross Country State champion this weekend
- - -
At the Indiana IHSAA Semi-State 2 Championships last weekend, Annie Christie ran her fourth sub-18 performance for 5K of the year. She crossed the finish line in 17:59.80 and led Carmel (IN) to the team title with 30 points. Her efforts helped the Greyhounds to finish with an average of 18:36.
Out of just over 12,000 votes last week, Christie earned 46-percent of the tallies, winning Week 10 of the National Peformer of the Week honor. She finished the week with a total of 5,654 votes.
But her success didn't just finish there. Over the weekend, she placed third at the IHSAA Cross Country State Championships. Congratulations to Christie on her efforts these last several weeks.
A big congrats goes out to Christie on the recognition, but now we have another one coming your way.
Vote for whom you think should win this week's national honor following this most recent week of action. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll.
NPOTW XC Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)
- Week 2 Winner: Isabella Babilonia, Melbourne Viera (FL)
- Week 3 Winner: Anastacia Gonzalez, Boerne Champion (TX)
- Week 4 Winner: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)
- Week 5 Winner: Ava Parekh, Chicago Latin (IL)
- Week 6 Winner: Abbey Nechanicky, Wayzata (MN)
- Week 7 Winner: Crawford West, Vestavia Hills (AL)
- Week 8 Winner: Analee Weaver, Stillwater (MN)
- Week 9 Winner: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)
- Week 10 Winner: Annie Christie, Carmel (IN)