* Green Mountain's Graham Tuohy-Gaydos ran the fastest time of the weekend nationally
- - -
While this past National Boys Performer of the Week award came down to 100 votes separating first from second-place, consider that over 9,700 tallies were counted in all.
So really, this was down-to-the-wire.
But in the end, only one athlete can claim that disctinction, and after the poll closed on Friday, it was Vestavia Hills senior Ethan Strand who came out on top.
The Alabama harrier, who set an all-time Alabama 5K record with a time of 14:36.88 at the Southern Showcase, secured 4,339 votes and 44.45-percent of the talleies, while Philip Simmons (SC) senior Noah Ward was just a shade behind with 42.93-percent and just under 4,200 votes.
A congratulations goes out to Strand on his win, another to both runners on their amazing accomplishments this past week, and a third to that week's nominees.
Now let's move on to Week 6 of the National Performer of the Week.
We'll have seven candidates in this week's poll. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll.
NPOTW XC Winners:
- Week 1 Winner: Rheinhardt Harrison, Nease (FL)
- Week 2 Winner: Izaiah Steury, Angola (IN)
- Week 3 Winner: Jackson Danner, Huntsville (AL)
- Week 4 Winner: Dayton Carlson, Casteel (AZ)
- Week 5 Winnner: Ethan Strand, Vestavia Hills (AL)