Since Leo Daschbach's time of 3:59.54 in the mile last weekend -- 9th all-time in high school history -- MileSplit has been reporting on the historic performance and interviewing a range of parties about the race, including one with Leo himself.
We decided to look at what would be the equivalent perfromance on the girls side.
Based on World Athletics points, we found that a time of 4:36.23 would be directly equivalent to that mark. And interestingly enough, only five girls in high school history have run that time.
Sub-4:36 Girls Milers
- Mary Cain, Bronxville (NY): 4:28.25i
- Alexa Efraimson, Camas (WA): 4:32.15i
- Katelyn Tuohy, North Rockland (NY): 4:33.87
- Polly Plumer, University (CA): 4:35.24
- Christine Babcock, Woodbridge 9CA): 4:35.41