In 2017, MileSplit and FloTrack profiled burgeoning star Sydney McLaughlin of Union Catholic High School. When McLaughlin, now a professional track and field athlete for New Balance, made the Olympics for Team USA as a 16-year-old in 2016, she became the youngest track and field athlete to do so in more than 40 years. Three years later, the game-changer may become the best 400m hurdler the world has ever seen, but back in high school, she was very much still a normal teenager -- most of the time. McLaughlin gave FloTrack and MileSplit a tour of her New Jersey high school and reflected on her past and future in the sport of track and field in this exclusive documentary.
- Friday Film series
- Sydney McLaughlin wins silver at the World Championships
- McLaughlin will be coached by Joanna Hayes
- McLaughlin signs with New Balance
- Sydney inks deal with WME
- McLaughlin announces she's turning pro
- McLaughlin could turn pro after NCAAs