DeSoto (TX) Eagle's head coach Donald Miller talks about the passing of North Texas Cheetahs Track Club Head Coach and friend Orlando McDaniel.
- 00:00 - 00:20 -- Intro
- 00:21 - 3:43 -- Initial quarantine thoughts.
- 3:44 - 5:32 -- How North Texas Cheetahs Track Club Head Coach Orlando McDaniel's death due to coronavirus complications has impacted the track and field community.
- 5:33 - 7:04 -- How the community has come together to morn Coach Orlando McDaniel's passing but also celebrate his life.
- 7:05 - 9:09 -- What coach Miller was looking forward to about this season and what he saw in his athletes that looked promising. (The Eagles are nationally ranked in almost all the relays.)
- 9:10 - 11:20 -- The impact on his seniors and recruiting looks.
- 11:21 - 12:18 -- How he's helping his seniors to still get offers or looks from college programs.
- 12:19 - 14:37 -- The long term impacts for not only his team but the track and field community as a whole for missing an entire season.
- 14:38 - 16:06 -- Staying motivated and the workouts athletes have come up with to continue to train.
- 16:07 - 18:23 -- Closing thoughts and Coach Miller's message to the seniors.
- Coach Orlando McDaniel Passes From Coronavirus Complications
- DeSoto Head Coach Donald Miller On Proper Sprint Form
- 4x100m National Rankings
- 4x200m National Rankings
- 2016 DeSoto Video Series