* Fleetwood's Jeff Kline won the shot put at the PTFCA Indoor State Championships over the weekend and is a Week 9 nominee for National Performer of the Week
- - -
A little over a hundred votes separated the boys winner in National Performer of the Week voting for the period spanning between February 24-March 1.
And while that may sound like a lot, consider this: Over 10,000 votes were cast for this week's poll.
Someone had to win, though, and that was Collins, who narrowly escaped with just over 43-percent of the vote. He had 4,416 overall tallies.
Collins' effort that week spoke for itself. He ran February's fastest 1,600m of all-time, going 4:08.78 at the Shuma Sports Archer Invitational on February 22.
Brackins, meanwhile, scored 4,290 votes and was second in voting with just over 41.8-percent of the tallies.
A big congrats goes out to Collins -- who followed it up this week by running a PR of 8:57.65 in the 3,200m.
Now let's get to Week 9. Vote for whom you think should win this week's national honor following a big week of action. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll.
NPOTW Indoor Winners:
- Week 1: Laurenz Colbert, Eleanor Roosevelt (MD)
- Week 2: Emanuel Joseph, North Rockland (NY)
- Week 3: Cameron Wilmington, Wings (TX)
- Week 4: Cameron Rose, Hickory Ridge (NC)
- Week 5: Gavin Schurr, Boulder Fairview (CO)
- Week 6: Dylan Brown, Detroit Renaissance (MI)
- Week 7: Brandon Miller, John Burroughs (MO)
- Week 8: Myles Collins, Archer (GA)