* Virginia High School's Kelsey Harrington, a NPOTW nominee, was impressive at her region meet this weekend
- - -
Indiana athletes swept National Performer of the Week polls over the period spanning Oct. 28-Nov. 4, as Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger's and Notre Dame commit Erin Strzelecki, fresh off her state championship, scored a narrow victory over Moon Area's Mia Cochran -- in a rather unbelievable vote-fest.
Nonetheless, Strzelecki, who attends a school with one-sixth the enrollment of some larger schools in the state, was absolutely deserving following her dominating showing in Indiana -- a state offering just one state championship race -- as she won her first state title in 17:22.90. She was one of just two girls athletes to go under 18 minutes on the course.
A big kudos goes out to Strzelecki.
Now let's move on to Week 10 of our National Girls Performer of the Week poll. This week's voting will cover efforts from November 4th through November 10th.
Vote for whom you think should win this week's national honor following a big week of action. Voting will end Friday, and we'll recognize the winner every Monday during the unveiling of the newest poll.
Below we have eight girls nominees for this week's top honor. Vote below in the poll and let us know your thoughts in the comments. For reference, check out our Top 250 Performances of the Week. You can also vote in our National Boys Performer of the Week poll.
- Week 1: Kendall Kramer, West Valley (AK)
- Week 2: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)
- Week 3: Hanna Miniutti, Blessed Trinity (GA)
- Week 4: Jenna Hutchins, Science Hill (TN)
- Week 5: Karrie Baloga, Cornwall (NY)
- Week 6: Abbey Nechanicky, Wayzata (MN)
- Week 7: Aniya Mosley, Ocean Lakes (VA)
- Week 8: Kate Wiser, Pomperaug (CT)
- Week 9: Erin Strzelecki, Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger (IN)