* Sarasota's Benjamin Hartvigsen won his second title in Florida, and Sarasota won the team championship
- - -
While state championships are almost done -- outside of California's CIF Championships, New Jersey's Meet of Champions and Massachusetts' All State Finals -- Nike Cross Regional races are just heating up.
This week's National Performer of the Week nominees will toggle between championship winners.
But before we take a look at this week's candidates, let's take a look back on who earned that recognition last week.
Who else? Hersey junior Josh Methner had one heck of a weekend, taking the Class 3A Championships in Illinois at Detweiller Park in 14:11.50, scoring his first state title.
Methner grabbed over 1,200 tallies and roughly 55-percent of the vote, running away from his competitors.
Much kudos goes out to the Illinois prep, who followed this weekend with his first NXN qualification with a second-place outing at Midwest.
Now on to this week's candidates. Who do you think had the top performances nationally? Vote in the poll below and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Check back Friday to find out the winner. We'll publish National Performer of the Week polls every Monday following the previous week's action. Note: Previous winners can be found underneath the poll.
- Week 1 Winner (Overall): Brynn Brown, Denton Guyer (TX)
- Week 2 Winner (Overall): Silas Winders, Henry Country (TN)
- Week 3 Winner: Travis Dowd, Austin St. Stephens (TX)
- Week 4 Winner: Rory Cavan, Glenbard West (IL)
- Week 5 Winner: Jake Renfree, Knoxville Catholic (TN)
- Week 6 Winner: Tyler Berg, Burnt Hills (NY)
- Week 7 Winner: Thomas Shilgalis, Naperville Central (IL)
- Week 8 Winner: Luke Grundvig, American Fork (UT)
- Week 9 Winner: Jack Filan, Cambridge (GA)
- Week 10 Winner: Vincent Mauri, Howland (OH)
- Week 11 Winner: Devin Hart, Pt. Pleasant Boro (NJ)
- Week 12 Winner: Josh Methner, Hershey (IL)