* Amaris Tyynismaa (right) won the Class 4A race in Alabama, and Montgomery Catholic claimed a team title
- - -
While state championship races are almost done -- outside of California's CIF Championships, New Jersey's Meet of Champions and Massachusetts' All State Finals -- Nike Cross Regional races are just heating up.
This week's National Performer of the Week nominees will toggle between championship winners.
But before we take a look at this week's candidates, let's take a look back on who earned that recognition last week.
Minneapolis Washburn's Emily Covert has been on a tear for much of the season, and that continued at the MSHSL Class AA Championships, where the senior scored a course record in 17:03.40.
The Colorado commit earned 51-percent of the vote to win the weekly honor.
A big congrats goes out to NPOTW 2-time winner Emily!
Now on to this week's candidates. Who do you think had the top performances nationally? Vote in the poll below and let us know your thoughts in the comments?
Check back Friday to find out the winner. We'll publish National Performer of the week polls every Monday following the previous week's action. Note: Previous winners can be found underneath the poll.
- Week 1 Winner (Overall): Brynn Brown, Denton Guyer (TX)
- Week 2 Winner (Overall): Silas Winders, Henry Country (TN)
- Week 3 Winner: Phoebe Bates, Carmel (IN)
- Week 4 Winner: Katrina Schlenker, Batavia (IL)
- Week 5 Winner: Fiona Max, Summit (OR)
- Week 6 Winner: Parker Valby, East Lake (FL)
- Week 7 Winner: Emily Covert, Minneapolis Washburn (MN)
- Week 8 Winner: Victoria Starcher, Ripley (WV)
- Week 9 Winner: Chloe Arriaga, Walnut (CA)
- Week 10 Winner: Presley Miles, Saint James (AL)
- Week 11 Winner: Katie Schwartzkopf, Mill Valley (KS)
- Week 12 Winner: Emily Covert, Minneapolis Washburn (MN)