* Batavia (IL) freshman Katrina Schlenker is one of the National Performer of the Week nominees
- - -
We're almost there: Championship season.
And it's now or never, so athletes are beginning to taper as they look to finish out their seasons and careers in the best way possible.
Who deserves National Performer of the Week honors?
Before we take a look at this week's nominees, let's take a look back on who earned that recognition last week.
And how about Ripley (WV) High School junior Victoria Starcher? She's been on a steady rise this season and last week claimed the Wendy's Invitational in 17:41.17, which marked her first major victory of 2018. As a result, she earned over 78-percent of the vote to nab National Performer honors.
A big congratulations goes out to Starcher.
Now on to this week's candidates. Who do you think had the top performances nationally? Vote in the poll below and let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Check back Friday to find out the winner. We'll publish National Performer of the Week polls every Monday following the previous week's action. Note: Previous winners can be found underneath the poll.
- Week 1 Winner (Overall): Brynn Brown, Denton Guyer (TX)
- Week 2 Winner (Overall): Silas Winders, Henry Country (TN)
- Week 3 Winner: Phoebe Bates, Carmel (IN)
- Week 4 Winner: Katrina Schlenker, Batavia (IL)
- Week 5 Winner: Fiona Max, Summit (OR)
- Week 6 Winner: Parker Valby, East Lake (FL)
- Week 7 Winner: Emily Covert, Minneapolis Washburn (MN)
- Week 8 Winner: Victoria Starcher, Ripley (WV)