Drew Bosley Makes Huge Statement With Nation's No. 1 Effort
- - -
But the Wisconsin native, currently No. 2 on the MileSplit50 rankings, made quite the statement at the Midwest Invitational on Saturday.
The Homestead High School senior ran the nation's No. 1 time in dominant fashion, producing an effort of 14:51.60, which tracks out to a meet and course record as well as Wisconsin's No. 3 best performance in cross country all-time--just behind Finn Gessner's 14:39.40 from NXR Heartland in 2016 and Chris Solinsky's 14:40.50 from Foot Locker Nationals in 2002.
This performance was glaringly good on its own.
But what might be even more fitting is that, in doing so, Bosley took down the No. 2 and No. 3 ranked runners in Wisconsin: Kimberly's Rowen Ellenberg and Neenah's Matthew Meinke, who finished in 15:02.40 and 15:06.50, respectively.
Ellenberg's performance gave him the second fastest all-time on the course, while Meinke's was fourth all-time. Gessner, who was second at Foot Locker Nationals his senior season, ran 15:03.50 on that same course in 2016.
The bar has been set.
|5||Bryan Bloomquist||10||Janesville Craig||15:42.60||5|
|7||Ash Francis||12||Sun Prairie||15:58.10||7|
|9||Aidan Sodemann||12||South Milwaukee||15:58.80||8|
- Page 1: Katelyn Tuohy Rocks Ocean States With A Doozy Of An Effort
- Page 2: The Chile Pepper XC Festival Was Rocking
- Page 3: Kyle Harkabus Wins Tactical Race At Wingfoot XC In Photo Finish
- Page 4: North Allegheny Grabs PIAA Foundation Title, Marlee Starliper Opens
- Page 5: A Strong Showing From Loudoun Valley Yet Again
- Page 6: Super Boys Performance At The Bowdoin XC Classic
- Page 7: Burnt Hills Boys Balled Out At Baldwinsville
- Page 8: American Fork's boys dominate at the Nebo Invite
- Page 9: Drew Bosley With Big Tone Setter At Midwest Invitational