Come join our team! We are a crazy group of track and field, cross country, and road racing athletes, fans, and enthusiasts eager to innovate and deliver the kind of content and coverage fans have been waiting for in the community.
Content Marketing Coordinator
If you didn't take a selfie on your long run, do those miles even count? Were you a diverse, multi-sport athlete in high school or college? In addition to track, do you also like cycling, hockey, volleyball, bowling, or rugby? How strong is your hashtag game? Do you follow Shelby Houlihan and Chris Froome on social media?
We're looking for someone to maximize the reach of our content on FloTrack/MileSplit, as well as at least one of the following FloSports sites: FloBikes, FloHockey, FloRodeo, FloBowling, FloRugby, FloVolleyball. The Content Marketing Coordinator assists in the development of content marketing strategies and is the point person on social media, SEO, and more.
If you're a sports-loving social media guru, we want you to join our team.
If you're already convinced and consider yourself a great fit, APPLY HERE. If not, we're sure you will be by the time you finish reading more about the position below:
Must be a subject matter expert in two or more of the following sports:
- Assist in the development of content marketing strategies targeting our various customer segments to grow our subscriptions through acquisition and retention campaigns.
- Provide persuasive and compelling copy and other creative assets for new subscription and retention campaigns (i.e. email, referral, advertising, social)
- Assist in weekly reports for campaigns, web traffic, social media, email, conversions, and present to content teams and other internal stakeholders to improve performance.
- Ensure all copy fits our unique brand voice and style guidelines.
- Identify and leverage influencers on social media to maximize our content distribution and reach.
- Oversee distribution of videos across our owned and earned media channels to build reach and awareness.
- Understand best practices in content development across devices, channels, and mediums.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must understand the value of social media and have experience leading successful social media campaigns. You know the right levers to pull to increase the visibility of content on social media.
- Ability to transition easily between the creative and analytical sides of marketing, with experience producing excellent work under tight deadlines.
- Superior copywriting, editing and proofing skills to ensure accuracy and excellence in all published material.
- Experience managing and executing social media, email and/or advertising campaigns.
- Background in creating editorial and branded content for a media company or online publisher is preferred.
- Proven ability to develop KPI dashboards and benchmark reports for social media, SEO and online traffic to measure content engagement success.
- Excellent planning/organization skills; Proven ability to collaborate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You thrive on developing new ideas and solutions, and you're excited to roll up your sleeves and execute on them.
- Must have experience with Google Analytics.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- You love problem-solving.
- Experience with real-time marketing.
- Must be proficient in Excel.
Life and perks at FloTrack/MileSplit in Austin, Texas
- Fun, exciting work environment based in Austin, Texas
- Flexible schedule (we know getting your run in is important)
- Dog-friendly office
- Casual dress code (finally, I can wear my five-year-old state championship t-shirt to work!)
- Fridge stocked with free coffee, soda, beverages, etc.
- Free catered lunch on Tuesdays
- Free catered breakfast on Wednesdays
- Bi-annual company off-site days for meetings, team building, and fun
- Paid travel/expenses to some of the coolest events in track and field (we're talking NCAA Championships, Payton Jordan Invite, and the Beer Mile World Championships)
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- You'll never get in trouble for watching a Diamond League at work or some random European meet on a Tuesday.
- Doing what you love.
Living in Austin, Texas, has its perks too:
We're always outdoors
From hiking to stand-up paddle boarding to a leisurely swim in natural spring-fed pools to a running trail a stone's throw from HQ -- there is no shortage of outdoor activities. Plus, with about 300 days of sunshine and an average temperature of 68 degrees, being outdoorsy comes naturally.
Live music & festivals
There's a reason they call Austin, Texas, the "Live Music Capital of the World." You can always find us at awesome concerts and hanging out at world-renowned music festivals like SXSW, ACL, and so much more.
Food truck trendy
Austin is home to of tons of amazing, unique restaurants -- from healthy, locally sourced options to mouth-watering burger and pizza joints -- this city has it all. Our favorite has to be the abundance of tasty food trucks. Some of the best food we've ever had has come from these four-wheel wonders, and we love to explore the city and discover new bites to eat. You run 10 miles a day, you'll be fine.
We love to work hard and have fun. If you do too, apply now.