Big Time Results From CIF Southern Section Masters Meet
California Track and Field has hit full stride, and athletes are bringing the heat with some quick times to qualify for the state meet. Check out some of the biggest events from the CIF Southern Section Qualifiers below.
Girls 300mH -- Calabasas senior Kyla Robinson-Hubbard cruised to a new PR in the 300mH. She ran a
41.82 for US No. 8.
Girls 4x100m -- The ladies from Serra improved their best time in the 4x100m this year to 45.88. That time ranks them US No. 11. The ladies from Calabasas (46.34), Long Beach Poly (46.92),
Arcadia (47.28), and Redondo Union (47.43) also qualified for the state meet.
Boys 4x100m -- The guys from Great Oak ran a new season best time in the 4x100m relay. They took the win punching their ticket to state running 41.14 which ranks US No. 31. The rest of the field was close behind with the Trabuco Hills High School finishing second in 41.24 (US No. 35) and
Murrieta Mesa taking third in 41.25 (US No. 36).
Girls 100mH -- Jada Hicks from Upland kept pace with her past performances as she tied her wind-legal US No. 3 time of 13.54. She has run 13.54 four times this season, three of which were wind-legal.
Boys 100m -- Asani Hampton from Yucaipa High School continued to dominate in the 100m. He ran
10.52 (+2.2) to take the win and then doubled back to qualify for the 200m in second running 21.55 (+1.1). Christian Shakir-Ricks took the win in the 200 running 21.32 (+1.1).
Check out more big storylines from MileSplit California HERE.
- Page 1: KC Lightfoot breaks all-class state record in Missouri
- Page 2: Abigail Green Runs Third Fastest Time 3200m Time In Maryland State History
- Page 3: Brodey Hasty Runs US No. 1 4:04.53 at the Prefontaine Classic
- Page 4: Brandon Miller Breaks 31-Year-Old Missouri State Record In The 800
- Page 5: Dylan Jacobs and Sandburg Big A Huge Day At Illinois State Meet
- Page 6: Big Time Results From CIF Southern Section Masters Meet