Sean Burrell Takes Home Four Wins At LHSAA State Outdoor Championships
Zachary High School's (LA) Sean Burrell had a monster set of races on Saturday at the Louisiana High School Athletic Association outdoor championships.
Burrell won the 110mH in a new PR of 14.39 (+0.6) and also took home a new PR in the 400m dash in 45.74. The sophomore had already produced a state record a few weeks earlier at districts in 45.88, taking down Desmond Johnson's former mark of 45.99, which stood since 1995. But Burrell chopped even more time this weekend.
He's now the only athlete in the country so far this outdoor season to have multiple sub 46-second performances. In his last three races, he's run 45.88, 45.99, and 45.74 at the distance.
The sophomore also took home wins in the 200m dash with an all-conditions 21.18 (+2.1) and helped his team claim a victory in the 4x100m relay in 41.41. His performances earned him Co-Outstanding Performer of the meet alongside Lafayette High School's (LA) Mondo Duplantis, who pole-vaulted a new World Junior Record -- pending on whether it's ratified by the IAAF.
With the help of Burrell's victories, Zachary claimed the team title scoring 64 points. The program beat out John Curtis School, which took home second place with 50 points.
- Page 1: Arizona State Championship Day 1 Highlights
- Page 2: Coverage of the Florida state championships from Flrunners.com
- Page 3: Dustin Horter Run 4:04 full mile
- Page 4: Other things that happened from around Florida
- Page 5: Alabama's Marion Humphrey unheralded no more
- Page 6: Loudoun Valley's Sam Affolder Goes Sub-9, Plus More From Dogwood
- Page 7: Is the nation's top discus thrower from MA a complete unknown?
- Page 8: Sean Burrell Takes Home Four Wins At LHSAA State Outdoor Championships
- Page 9: Michigan Has Big Weekend In Distance Events