Louisiana Prep Sean Burrell Dominates Louisiana In Record-Breaking District Effort
First time under 21 seconds in the 200m. First time under 46 seconds in the 400m. Career-best in the 100mH. Anchor leg on Zachary (LA) High's district championship 4x400.
What's the appropriate designation for Sean Burrell's District 4A-5 Championship effort on Wednesday in Abbeville?
The most important result to unpack is the 400m, where Burrell logged the country's second-fastest mark in 45.88 seconds -- the first of his career -- and a school and state record in the process.
But he wasn't finished.
Burrell continued to flourish in the 200m, where he posted a US No. 5 all-conditions mark of 20.77 seconds -- unfortunately, without a wind-gauge.
What's probably more impressive, though, is Burrell's continued progress in the 110mH, where he's lowered his early season best of 15.10 down to 14.61. It's Louisiana's second-best time overall.
And to top off his district championship performance, Burrell anchored the team's winning effort in the 4x400 of 3:26.80.
400 Meter Finals
|3||Julian White||12||Denham Springs High||51.15||2|
|6||Trevor Jenkins||12||Denham Springs High||54.22||2|
|7||Josiah Rankins||Central High School||54.58||2|
|8||Evan Hiestand||11||Live Oak||54.91||1|
- Page 1: Zachary (LA) High's Sean Burrell goes school record 45.88 in beast mode effort
- Page 2: Dustin Horter throws down in an epic 3200m race at Eastern Relays for a new US No. 1
- Page 3: Kaitlyn Lacy wins in the final stretches on Friday in the girls 3200m at the Eastern Relays
- Page 4: Katelyn Tuohy drops a calm US No. 2 performance in the 3200 at the Red Raider Relays
- Page 5: Nyjari McNeil continues to impress at 800 meters
- Page 6: Katelynne Hart is on fire
- Page 7: Kansas Relays Recap
- Page 8: Mt. SAC Recap
- Page 9: Sadie Sargent claims Class 2A state record in 1600 in Utah
- Page 10: Breaking down the Distance Night in Palatine
- Page 11: Can Jake Merrell Break 1:50?
- Page 12: DeSoto's boys closing the gap in the 4x100 relay
- Page 13: Georgia's Surprise 400m Leader Goes US No. 1
- Page 14: Twanisha Terry takes NCAA lead in the 100m with wind-legal mark