Max Benson Inks With Utah State
The most important element of Max Benson's de-commitment from the University of Tennessee was that he had time.
And time was essential considering his future.
Between the time Benson, a senior at Brentwood (TN) High, de-committed from the Volunteers, he found his new home at Utah State. And on April 9 he announced that he would be joining the Aggies in the near future.
"I can't thank the coaching staff, athletes and the university enough for everything they have done for me."
Benson, a member of Brentwood Track Club's national title-winning DMR at New Balance Nationals Indoor, will join the Aggies as a member of their mid-distance crew. Benson is an established indoor and outdoor performer who owns PRs of 52.88 in the 400m, 1:25.57 in the 600m, 1:54.44 in the 800m (outdoor) and 4:32.86 in the 1600m.
Benson also told Tennessee MileSplit's Will Boling in March that he would be going on a two-year mission before he enrolls in college.
- Page 2: Great Oak triple jumper CJ Stevenson
- Page 3: Brodey Hasty will officially ink with Oregon
- Page 4: Max Benson de-commits from Tennessee and eventually picks Utah State
- Page 5: Cross Announces Plans To Join Akron
- Page 6: Akeem Lindo picks North Carolina A & T
- Page 7: Russell changes commitment from Texas A & M to Tennessee
- Page 8: Stewart lands at Southern California