Brothers Noah and Josephus Lyles announced their decision to turn pro and sign with adidas via Twitter last night -- around 12:00 a.m. for Noah, who is currently in Bydgoszcz, Poland to compete at the IAAF World U20 Championships this week. He won the 100m title on Wednesday and anchored Team USA's winning 4x100m relay team tonight. I caught up with the star in the mixed zone after his relay race. Below is the full interview video, as well as a few select highlights:
- The brothers are represented by Mark Wetmore and Global Athletics
- He and Josephus' contracts are "a little different"
- No decision yet on where the brothers might live and train, but: "We are probably not going to stay and train with our high school coach"
- Will they still move to Florida? "It's possible, we haven't decided yet"
- Noah won't honor his commitment to attend the University of Florida, but he does predict they'll win the national outdoor title next year