Day 2: Saturday, July 2
Two Preps Advance to 100m Semi-Finals at Olympic Trials
Two preps advanced to the semi-finals of the 100m on the second day of Olympic Trials competition at Hayward Field in Eugene, Ore. Kaylin Whitney of Nike and Candace Hill of ASICS both placed third in their respective heats, with times of 11.18 (+2.0) and 11.23, to automatically advance.
Noah Lyles, a recent graduate of T.C. Williams High School in Va., ran 10.16 (+1.8) to place fourth in heat 2 of the men's 100m. He was originally reported as the last time qualifier to make the next round, but a DQ in another section was overturned and Lyles is not on the semi-finals list. He, along with Whitney and Hill, will contest the 200m starting on Thursday, July 7.
World indoor champion Vashti Cunningham will compete in the high jump finals tomorrow after clearing 6-0.5 to tie for first in the qualifying round.
- Pole vault national high school record holder Chris Nilsen no heighted in the qualifying round, as did nine other competitors. He posted this on instagram after the competition:
NBC Broadcast Schedule Watch Here
- Women's High Jump Finals, Sunday, July 3, 3:15 p.m. PT
- Women's 100m Semi-Finals, Sunday, July 3, 12:33 p.m. PT
- Women 100m Finals, Sunday, July 3, 5:44 p.m. PT
- Men's 100m Semi-Finals, Sunday, July 3, 4:19 p.m. PT
- Men's 100m Finals, Sunday, July 3, 5:53 p.m. PT
Courtesy of NBCOlympics (http://liveextra.nbcsports.
com) and USOC