MileSplit All-American Team - Girls 300/400m Hurdles Presented by New Balance
Sydney McLaughlin was dominant in the 400 hurdles this year, capturing a state title and a national title in the event.
1. Sydney McLaughlin (Union Catholic, NJ - So.) - In the 400 hurdles, McLaughlin went undefeated on the year, taking home her second New Jersey state title in the event. She also took first at New Balance Nationals Outdoor where she also anchored her Union Catholic relay teams to victories in the Swedish Relay and 4x400. At World Youth Trials, McLaughlin took the victory in the 400 hurdles running the U.S. No. 1 time of 55.28.
2. Anna Cockrell (Providence Day, NC - Jr.) - In the 300 hurdles, Cockrell captured her third consecutive North Carolina state title clocking the U.S. No. 6 time of 41.31. She also represented the U.S. at the Caribbean Scholastic Invitational in Cuba where she took the victory in the 400 hurdles. Cockrell also finished third in the 400 hurdles at New Balance Nationals Outdoor and won at the USATF Jr. National Championship where she ran the U.S. No. 2 time of 56.67 and earned her spot on the U.S. Pan Am team.
3. Jasmyne Graham (Eleanor Roosevelt, CA - Sr.) - The California state champion in the 300 hurdles ran the U.S. No. 1 time of 40.73 at the state meet.
4. Samantha Gonzalez (Carrollton Creekview, TX - Sr.) - The defending Texas state champion in the 300 hurdles captured her second state title in the event, clocking the U.S. No. 2 time of 40.81. She also took first at the Texas Relays in the 300 hurdles.
5. Jurnee Woodward (Vacaville, CA - So.) - Woodward clocked the U.S. No. 3 time of 41.10 in the 300 hurdles this year. She went on to finish second at the California state meet.
6. Reonna Collier (Vacaville, CA - So.) - Collier ran the U.S. No. 4 time of 41.24 in the 300 hurdles to take the victory at the Golden West Invitational. At the USATF Jr. National Championships, she finished second in the U.S. No. 5 time of 58.17, earning a spot on the U.S. Pan Am team.
7. Brandee' Johnson (Nansemond River, VA - Jr.) - Johnson defended her Virginia state title in the 300 hurdles. At New Balance Nationals Outdoors she finished second in the 400 hurdles. Johnson also finished second in the 400 hurdles at the World Youth Trials.
8. Alexis Jones (Campbell, GA - So.) - Jones, the Georgia state champion in the 300 hurdles, finished fourth at New Balance Nationals Outdoor in the 400 hurdles. She also took sixth in the 400 hurdles at the World Youth Trials.