Cross country is a water sport...
The nationally ranked Wayzata boys and girls of Minnesota dominated as teams at the Columbus Catholic Invitational in Marshfield, Wisconsin with 5 of the top 7 finishers for boys (ranging from 15:44 to 17:07) and 5 of the top 8 finishers for girls (ranging from 19:34 to 20:26) on quite an obstacle of an XC course.
With hurdles too...
There are many obstacles on a cross country for runners. Including hurdling toddlers. As Patriot High School (VA) sophomore Rachel McArthur found out en route to winning the Prince William County Invitational in Nokesville, Virginia on Saturday. (Photo by Lisa McArthur)
Final weekend of August and third week of cross country action in 2014 season. MileSplit US will be on-site with Brandon Miles and Jimmy Stevenson at the Marcus I Invitational with 2,220 athletes featuring some of the top runners and programs in the state of Texas. Lots of meets this weekend under the lights at night to beat the late summer heat. More meets to be added below into late Sunday night as results from the top national ranked teams and individuals come in.
Get excited for the weekend with our Meets on Tap video preview!
- Marcus I Invitational (TX) - US # 25 Carter Blunt & US #8 Southlake Carroll boys live up to national rankings. Maddie Reed & Marcus girls pull away for sweep of home invite.
- Brooks Memphis Twilight Classic (TN) - A Mississippi individual sweep from Kate Mattox (18:37) & Curtis Knight (16:05), while Missouri owns the team battle with Rock Bridge girls & West Plains boys.
- McHenry County Invitational (IL) - US #12 Jessie Reiser (McHenry IL) opens with a sub 15 nation's best 5K!
- Columbus Catholic Invitational (WI) - US #3 ranked Wayzata (MN) girls and US #5 ranked Wayzata (MN) boys roll in Wisconsin. Connor Olson and Wayzata boys get quality early season win and test against national class rivals Stillwater Area (US #14) and sub 9 two miler Eli Krahn.
- Kodiak Invitational (AK) - The stars of Alaska continue their fall tour with US #14 Levi Thomet winning home invite in US #4 time of 15:23, while US #5 ranked Allie Ostrander has long wait (over 2 1/2 minutes) in chute to greet runner-up finisher .
- Yellowjacket Invitational (MI) - Sarah Kettel continues her blazing start with US #2 5K time of 17:26. Only a minute off the boys winning time (a 9:35 2 miler)!
- Arapahoe Invitational (CO) - Zachary Alhamra (top 20 finisher at NXN in 2013) goes under 16 minutes impressively at altitude. US #9 Katie Rainsberger wins easily in 18:30. US #11 Cherry Creek girls finish 3rd w/o 2 of top 4 returnees including #1 runner missing.
- Jungle Night Run (NC) - Philip Hall in US #2 time of 15:10 and Sarah Platek in course record PR of 17:39 are Kings & Queens of the Jungle as predicted.
- American Fork Relays (UT) - US #3 American Fork boys run their second fastest total time ever at 5x2M relay meet, while their front 3 looks formidable in Jacklin, Clinger, Johns as top splits. Marlee Mitchell (11:47) & US #24 Alyssa Snyder (11:49) split 3rd & 4th fastest times in meet history.
- Fleet Feet Kickoff Classic (MO) - US #18 ranked Hannah Long showcases fitness from summer training with 10:37 2 mile opener.
- The Woodlands Friday Night Lights (TX) - Pedro Nasta (12:19 2.5M) and Julia Heymach (11:07 2M) earn decisive 21 second victories under the lights in Texas.
- =PR= Kick Off Invitational (VA) - Ice breaker race for Northern Virginia teams included a dominant pack running display by the US #23 ranked Lake Braddock boys with 7 guys under 11 minutes on the two mile course.
- Utah County Invitational (UT) - US #12 Lucy Biles stays up right this race to redeem herself with a 17:38 3 mile win. Timpanogos boys are a team to bear watching on national radar
- John Sharp Viking Invitational (PA) - 4:51 miler Marissa Sheva repeats as invite champ.
- Wickham Park XC Jamboree (FL) - Brandon Marquez, a Florida junior competing unattached, posts a swift US #4 5K time of 15:23.
- Tiger Run (KY) - Spencer Hayden leads St. Xavier (KY) boys with 15:45 win.
- Prince William Invitational (VA) - Patriot High School sophomore Rachel McArthur hurdles a toddler onto victory.
- Berry College Clara Bowl Invitational (GA)
Check out our national database of XC stats as the results pour in!