The Michigan Indoor Track Series meets earlier in the week at Michigan State and Eastern Michigan produced several national caliber performances. Can the MITS meet on Thursday evening at the University of MIchigan do the same?
Coverage, information, results and highlights of national caliber performances from major high school indoor track & field meets in the Midwest region states of the United States during the week ending on Sunday, January 26th, 2014
January 20, 2014 @ Jack Skoog Indoor Track in East Lansing, MI
Robert Atwater high jump video from last spring
- Lincoln Park's Robert Atwater cleared a new personal best and US #2 height of 7'0" in the high jump at the Jenison Fieldhouse on Monday night.
- Current US #12 and Michigan state shot put leader Tommy Roush (59'2.50") was able to distance himself two feet ahead of Zach Purcilly at MSU with a winning mark of 56'8.25". Roush, a sophomore at Petoskey High School also won the weight throw with a toss of 55'6".
- Anthony DeBardelaben from Arthur Hills High School in Saginaw, Michigan was a double winner in the sprints with a US #21 clocking in the 60 meter dash at 6.94 as well as a 22.80 victory in the 200 meter dash.
- St. John's (MI) junior Karrigan Smith outdueled Davison (MI) senior Jordan McDermitt in the girls 1600 as they separated from the rest of the field by 24 seconds with a US #20 winning time of 5:01.52 for Smith, while McDermitt's runner-up effort of 5:02.28 ranks her among the top 25 nationally as well.
- Brittany Casey (Zeeland East MI) threw for a winning mark of 42'5.50" in the shot put, which is just a few inches of her Michigan state leading season best in the event.
January 20, 2014 @ Bowen Fieldhouse - Bob Parks Track in Ypsilanti, MI
- MileSplit Meet Page
- Complete Results
- National Elite Performances (19)
- Photo Gallery by Janina Pollatz
- Noah Gary of Dexter High School was just two inches shy of his PR with a season best and US #17 clearance of 15'6" in the pole vault.
- Ann Arbor Huron's Wan'ya Williams was a close runner-up twice in swif sprint races to Saline's Skyler Bowden (22.74) in the 200 meter dash and Oak Park's Eli Minor (6.96) in the 60 meter day.
- The Saline girls 4x800 meter relay, running under their indoor club name of Spirit of Pre, posted a US #4 time of 9:27 in the event with Oak Park trailing them in second at US #9 time of 9:33.04.
- Shelby Allen of Berkley High School, last year's MITS state champion in the triple jump, achieved a new personal best and US #5 mark of 38'10.50" in the triple jump to start her week.
- Oak Park sophomore Anna Jefferson rolled to wins in the 60 meter dash (7.78) and 200 meter dash (25.27).
January 23, 2014 @ University of Michigan Track Building in Ann Arbor, MI
- MileSplit Meet Page
- Live Updates
- Live Results
- Complete Results
- National Elite Performances (29)
- Photo Gallery by Janina Pollatz
- Race Videos
Come here for live-updates from the U of M meet!
US top 10 race in girls 60 hurdles from Allyson Goff
- With his 6.92 clocking in the 55 meter dash, Jordan Love of Novi High School was just off his US #13 season best of 6.89 from last weekend's meet also at University of Michigan. Love would double back later to claim the 200 meter dash in a narrow victory over Oak Park's Maurice Allen (2nd, 22.48) with a 22.47 clocking.
- Pole Vault state leader Noah Gary won yet another competition in the vault, but this time a foot under his season best height of 15'6" with a winning clearance of 14'6" on Thursday evening.
- Three boys went under 10 minutes in the 3200 meter run led by Ann Arbor Pioneer senior Costa Willets with a near indoor PR time of 9:47.75.
- Allyson Goff won the girls 60 meter hurdles easily with a US #8 time of 8.71 for Walled Lake Northern High School senior. Goff also won the long jump with a leap of 17'4.75".
- Sterling Heights Stevenson's Jailah Mason was able to get cleanly over the bar at 5'6" (US #16) in the high jump, which was a two inch improvement for her season opening clearance of 5'4" from the first meet in Ann Arbor on January 3rd.
- Mackenzie Shell of Port Huron Northern is staying consistent at 12 feet this week in the pole vault as she matched her PR performance from earlier in the week at the Eastern Michigan University again on Thursday over the bar at 12'0" (US #20).
- US #5 ranked in the 400 meter dash, Anna Jefferson of Oak Park High School turned in another solid time in the event with a dominant 57.21 victory at U of M.
- Marissa Dobry, a sophomore at Birmingham Seaholm (MI), was able to pull just ahead of Saline (MI) senior Elianna Scwayder (2nd, 11:18.7) for a 11:17.90 victory in the 3200 meter run.
January 25, 2014 @ Perry Field House in Bowling Green, OH
- 200 Meter Dash - Autumn Heath (Lakota East) 26.22 SB; Jocelyn Ayers (Bath) 26.29 SB; Kellsa Mbah (Unattached - OH) 26.30 SB;
- 60 Meter Dash - Autumn Heath (Lakota East) 7.76 SB; Autumn Heath (Lakota East) 7.78;
- 800 Meter Run - Courtney Clody (Perrysburg High School) 2:22.29 SB;
- Pole Vault - Maria Horrigan (Bowling Green High School) 11-3 SB;
- Weight Throw - Molly Leppelmeier (McComb) 44-0;
- Pole Vault - Cole Gorski (Otsego) 15-6 SB;
- Shot Put - Nick Demaline (Liberty Center) 58-4.75 SB; Logan Bryer (Genoa Area) 53-7.5;
- Weight Throw - Logan Bryer (Genoa Area) 71-6.5; Nick Lane (Bowling Green High School) 61-7.5;
January 25, 2014 @ WATTS Indoor Track Facility in Youngstown, OH
|Emily Lelis, Springdale||Courtney McQuaide, Greensburg Salem||Maddie Holmberg, Hempfield Area||Luke Lewis, Hickory|
- 200 Meter Dash - Lavonte Powell (Ursuline) 25.88 SB;
- 3,200 Meter Run - Rachel Wentworth (Garaway) 11:30.60 SB;
- 4x200 Meter Relay - Austintown Fitch 1:47.92;
- Weight Throw - Tradaiza Merchant (Austintown Fitch) 50-8 SB; Daija Young (Trinity) 39-6 SB;
- 200 Meter Dash - Caleb Samol (Berea-Midpark High School) 22.98 SB;
- 400 Meter Dash - Steele Wasik (St. Edward) 51.31 SB;
- 4x200 Meter Relay - Austintown Fitch 1:32.42;
- 4x400 Meter Relay - Berea-Midpark High School 3:30.05;
- 60 Meter Hurdles - Steele Wasik (St. Edward) 8.09 SB; Steele Wasik (St. Edward) 8.24; Chad Zallow (John F Kennedy-Warren) 8.24;
- 60 Meter Dash - Carl Zallow (John F Kennedy-Warren) 7.04;
- Long Jump - Steele Wasik (St. Edward) 22-3.5 SB;
- Pole Vault - Kyle Hutchinson (Medina) 14-7; Lucas Kelley (Perry) 14-7 SB;
- Shot Put - John Zedella (St. Edward) 57-0.5 SB; Jeff Burkholder (Northwestern-West Salem) 53-4.75 SB;
- Weight Throw - John Zedella (St. Edward) 63-3; Logan Kusky (Austintown Fitch) 59-4; Lane Hluch (Rootstown) 57-0 SB; Nick Zak (Brunswick) 56-6 SB; Rehmaan Rafique (Austintown Fitch) 53-9; Jake Dorbish (Austintown Fitch) 53-3 SB; Derek Stout (Ellet) 52-1 SB;
January 26, 2014 @ Anschutz Pavilion/Bill Easton Track in Lawrence, KS
Start of the high school boys mile at Jayhawk Open On Sunday
- 200 Meter Dash - Payton Stumbaugh (Har-Ber High School) 25.25;
- 3,000 Meter Run - Emily Venters (Lawrence Free State High School) 10:57.49; Claire Sanner (Lawrence Free State High School) 10:58.09;
- 400 Meter Dash - Amanda Dillon (Har-Ber High School) 57.73;
- 60 Meter Hurdles - Payton Stumbaugh (Har-Ber High School) 8.73; Alexa Harmon-thomas (Lawrence Free State High School) 8.83; Payton Stumbaugh (Har-Ber High School) 8.91; Alexa Harmon-thomas (Lawrence Free State High School) 8.92; Sarah Hines (West Elk High School) 9.21;
- 60 Meter Dash - Payton Stumbaugh (Har-Ber High School) 7.78; Payton Stumbaugh (Har-Ber High School) 7.79;
- 800 Meter Run - Amanda Agana (Fayetteville High School) 2:17.41; Kelsey Lathrop (Olathe East High School) 2:21.11;
- High Jump - Chelsea Baker (Pittsburg High School) 5-4;
- Long Jump - Alexa Harmon-thomas (Lawrence Free State High School) 18-4.25;
- One Mile Run - Rebekah Topham (Griswold High School) 5:07.18; Nicole Lee (Clinton High School) 5:10.55;
- Pole Vault - Nicole Kallenberger (Lee's Summit West High School) 11-0;
- Shot Put - Alexia Stein (Baldwin High School) 41-4.25;
- 400 Meter Dash - Tanner Green (Olathe South High School) 50.99;
- 600 Yard Run - Ian Jones (St. James Academy) 1:12.77; Aidan Johnson (Shawnee Mission South) 1:15.86; Kyle Oglesbee (Ellinwood High School) 1:17.02; Andre Whittle (Heartland Youth Track Club) 1:21.04 SB;
- 60 Meter Hurdles - Justice Burks (Raytown South High School) 8.38; Justice Burks (Raytown South High School) 8.36;
- 60 Meter Dash - Kenzo Cotton (Papillion - La Vista South High School) 6.79; Kenzo Cotton (Papillion - La Vista South High School) 6.97;
- High Jump - Marcel Ryan (Papillion - La Vista South High School) 6-10;
- One Mile Run - Kyle Pudenz (Park Hill High School) 4:28.95; Ben Burchstead (Shawnee Mission North) 4:30.99;
- Pole Vault - Tyler Loontjer (Fillmore Central) 15-0;
- Shot Put - Kord Ferguson (Ottawa High School) 61-0;
- Triple Jump - Derek Zimmerman (Freeman High School) 47-9.75;
January 26, 2014 @ Hearnes Fieldhouse in Columbia, MO
US #3 ranked Lena Giger (Highland IL) throws over 48 feet in girls shot put for second straight Big RIver meet!
- 200 Meter Dash - Maya Cody (Lutheran South High School) 25.68;
- 400 Meter Dash - Jasmine Berry (Belleville West High School) 57.52 SB; Maya Cody (Lutheran South High School) 58.51 SB; Miranda Marry (Fisher High School) 59.16; Jaianna Williams (Sumner High School) 59.77 SB;
- 60 Meter Dash - Maya Cody (Lutheran South High School) 7.76 SB; Maya Cody (Lutheran South High School) 7.78;
- High Jump - Karissa Roman (Annawan High School) 5-7 SB;
- Long Jump - Kylie Conrow (Bowling Green High School) 17-9.5 SB;
- One Mile Run - Stephanie Jenks (Linn-Mar High School) 5:00.39 SB; Hannah Pierson (Marquette High School) 5:16.97 SB; Allison Zobrist (Highland High School) 5:19.75 SB;
- Pole Vault - Sierra Maddox (Jackson High School) 11-6; Alesa Frey (Brookfield High School) 11-0 SB;
- Shot Put - Lena Giger (Highland High School) 48-2.75; Jordan Mcclendon (John Burroughs High School) 39-3 SB;
- Weight Throw - Jordan Mcclendon (John Burroughs High School) 42-7.5 SB;
- High Jump - Landon Bartel (Southern Boone County High School) 6-6;
- One Mile Run - Patrick Perrier (O'Fallon High School) 4:21.23 SB; Reno Law (Millard South High School) 4:28.52 SB;
- Weight Throw - Patrick Kunza (Timberland High School) 58-7.25 SB; Zack Gregory (Timberland High School) 54-11.25 SB; John Berry (Pleasant Hill High School) 54-9.25 SB;