2013 Cross Country Highlights
Elise Cranny (CO) ran away with the girls individual title. (Photo by Margot Kelly)
Cerake Geberkidane (CO) won the boys title well under control. (Photo by Margot Kelly)
Elise and Cerake rolling mid-race. (Photos by Alan Versaw)
American Fork (UT) boys won the team crown and are off to nationals. (Photo by Margot Kelly)
Davis (UT) boys finished 2nd and qualify for nationals as well. (Photo by Margot Kelly)
Fort Collins (CO) took the girls team crown. (Photo by Margot Kelly)
Davis (UT) finished 2nd on the girls side as well. (Photo by Margot Kelly)
- Video Coverage
- Photos by Margot Kelly
- Photos by Alan Versaw
- Boys Recap Article
- Girls Recap Article
- LIVE updates from the meet
- Meet Page and Coverage
- Meet Preview and Predictions
- Boys Championships - Cerake Geberkidane (CO) won the boys individual title with a time of 15:17. Connor Mantz (UT) finished 2nd in 15:22, Zachary Jacklin 3rd in 15:31, Andrew Brewer 4th in 15:31 and Mike Buckley 5th in 15:32. American Fork (UT) won on the boys side with Davis (UT) finishing 2nd to make it an all Utah affair.
- Girls Championship - Elise Cranny (CO) won the individual crown with ease in a quick 17:03 clocking. Lucy Biles (UT) was 2nd in 17:36. Katie Rainsberger (CO) finished 3rd in 17:48 and Dani Jones (AZ) wound up 4th in 17:48. Fort Collins (CO) won the girls race by the narrowest of margins over Davis (UT) 73 to 74!
Jacob Shiohira (AR) and Paige Hofstad (TX) take the NXN Southwest titles. (Photos by Alex Aldaco)
Southlake Carroll (TX) boys won the team title. (Photo by Alex Aldaco)
New Braunfels (TX) won the girls team title. (Photo by Alex Aldaco)
Hebron (TX) boys also qualified for nationals by finishing 2nd. (Photo by Alex Aldaco)
The Woodlands (TX) girls took the second spot to also earn a trip to nationals. (Photo by Alex Aldaco)
- Boys Recap Article
- Girls Recap Article
- Video Coverage
- Photos by Alex Aldaco
- Photos by Angelle Albright
- Meet Page and Results
- Meet Entries
- Meet Info
- Girls Championship - Paige Hofstad won the individual battle in 17:38 with Safiya Belbina 2nd in 17:48. Ann Marie Dunlap finished 3rd in 17:52, Natalie Rathjen 4th in 17:54 and Madie Boreman 5th in 17:54. New Braunfels girls won the team crown with 76 points and will qualify for nationals along with The Woodlands with 101 points in 2nd. Southlake Carroll finished 3rd with 107 points.
- Boys Championship - Southlake Carroll boys took the team win with 90 points to qualify for nationals. Also automatically in are the boys from Hebron who finished second with 131 points. The Woodlands finished third wtih 138 points. Jacob Shiohira (AR) won the individual title with a time of 15:28. Frank Lara was 2nd in 15:31 with Ward 3rd in 15:36. Barrett was 4th in 15:37 and Hendricksin was 5th in 15:37 as well.
Briana Gess rolls to a #5 AT 17:45 clocking as a frosh!! (Photo by Robert Kellert)
Mike McClemens (CBA) cruised to the individual win to lead CBA's banner day. (Photo by Robert Keller)
- Complete Boys Meet Coverage
- Complete Girls Meet Coverage
- Video Coverage
- Photos by SJPixShooter
- Photos by MaroonNews
- LIVE updates and Coverage Central
- Boys Complete Results
- Girls Complete Results
- Girls MOC - Briana Gess (Haddonfield NJ) rolled to the win with a stellar 17:45 clocking, #5 All-Time on the course, looking like a veteran despite being a freshmen this year! Josette Norris (Tenafly) was 2nd in a tight race with Mackenzie Barry (Mendham) as both athletes were timed in 18:12. Randolph took the team title over Red Bank Catholic by a very close score of 106 to 113.
- Boys MOC - Christian Brothers Academy was absolutely dominant with the win and a 15:52.20 team average, the first ever under 16 minutes! Mike McClemens led the Colts with the individual win in 15:26. Dylan Tarpey was 2nd in 15:32 and Louis Corgliano was 3rd in 15:35 with Kyle Kroon right there in 4th in 15:37.
Sarah Baxter led the way to state, and an unprecedented 4th straight title awaits her. (Photo by Bob Binnie)
Destiny Collins led Great Oak to their record breaking performance on the road to state. (Photo by Bob Binnie)
- In the Girls Division 1 field Great Oak dominated the race and all races with an impressive 87:58, an all-time team time record on the Mt. SAC course!! They won their race with just 34 points and a 52 second spread. Destiny Collins led the girls with a winning time of 17:10.
- Simi Valley won the Girls Division 2 race with 95 points as Sarah Baxter led the squad with a winning time of 16:21 to lead all times on the day.
- In the Girls Division 3 race Bethan Knights (Northwood) won easily in 16:39, the second fastest time of the day.
- In Boys Division 1 action Warren defeated Arcadia 69 to 77 with an impressive 44 second spread. Jake Ogden (Dana Hills) won overall with a time of 14:41 over Robert Brandt (Loyola), 2nd in 14:43. Estevan De La Rosa (Arcadia) finished 3rd in 14:44 while Warren's Benjamin Gonzalez was 4th in 14:45.
- In the Boys Division 2 race Garrett Corcoran (Villa Park) won going away with a time of 14:45.
- In the Boys Division 3 race Brea Olinda won easily with a score of 77 to 86 over Jurupa Hills. David Luna (Indio) again got the best of Austin Tamagno (Brea Olinda) in the individual race, winning 14:33 to 14:39.
- In the girls race Alexa Efraimson (WA) dominated this one with a winning time of 15:43. Ella Donaghu (OR) was 2nd in 16:00 and Hannah Gindlesperger (OR) was 3rd with a time of 16:05. Washington defeated Oregon 23 to 36,
- In the boys race Matthew Maton (OR) showed up big time to win with a huge 13:28 clocking. John Dressel (WA) was 2nd with a time of 13:40 and Joe Hardy (WA) was 3rd with a time of 13:47. Kai Wilmot (WA) finished 4th in 13:49 and Tanner Anderson (WA) finished 5th in 13:53. Washington also won this one with a score of 20 to 37 over Oregon.
Full NCAA D1 Race Replay
Cheserek takes down Kithuka over 10k in his first NCAA championships experience.
Edward Cheserek (Oregon) takes time to celebrate his NCAA title. (Photo by Mitch Kastoff/FloTrack)
Abby D'Agostino (Dartmouth) won the title after finishing 3rd and 2nd the past 2 years. (Photo by Mitch Kastoff/FloTrack)
- Complete Coverage on FloTrack
- Video Coverage by FloTrack
- Pre-Race show by FloTrack
- Predictions show by FloTrack
- Complete FloTrack Coverage Page
- 11:55am ET - Men's 10k
- 1:10pm ET - Women's 6k
- Men's Championship - Edward Cheserek (Oregon) stuck with Kennedy Kithuka (Texas Tech) through the early miles before Kithuka built a 10s lead on him. But the frosh phenom didn't fold his cards, instead coming back and storming by the defending champ at 8k, building a huge lead of his own. Cheserek sprinted through the line with hands raised, winning in 29:41.1! Kithuka held on for 2nd in 29:59.1 to narrowly gap Maksim Korolev (Harvard), who was 3rd in 29:59.5. Futsum Zeinasellassie (NAU) had a huge last 2k of 5:55 to come up for 4th in 30:05.7 and Joe Rosa (Stanford) ran fantastic for 5th in 30:08.9. Colorado won the team title with a great close over the last 2k with 149 points. Northern Arizona finished 2nd after going out at a torrid pace early with 169 points and Oklahoma State was 3rd with 230 points. BYU finished 4th with 267 points and Oregon finished 5th with 274 points.
- Women's Championship - Abby D'Agostino (Dartmouth) gets the title she has wanted ever since last year, winning with a time of 20:00.3. Emma Bates (Idaho) finished 2nd after keeping pace with Abby over the first 4k of the race. Kate Avery (Iona) led early and hung in well after D'Agostino and Bates passed her to finish 3rd overall. Aisling Cuffe (Stanford) brings it home in 4th for the Cardinal and Emily Lipari (Villanova) was 5th. Providence women won the NCAA crown with 141 points over Arizona with 197 points. Butler finished 3rd with 200 points and Michigan was 4th with 215 points. Georgetown rounded out the top-5 with 226 points.
- 1:25pm ET - Women's 6k
- 2:25pm ET - Men's 8k
Women's Championship - Jennifer Agnew (U-Mary) won the individual title in 20:50.7 over Jessica Macy (Pittsburg State) in 21:02.1. Allyson Winchester (Grand Valley State) finished 3rd in 21:05.7. Grand Valley State won the team title with 54 points over Adams State with 91 points. Western State was a distant 3rd wtih 194 points.
Men's Championship - Tabor Stevens (Adams State) won the overall crown with a time of 29:50.1 over Vegard Olstad (Western State) with a time of 30:01.7. Alex Monroe (Lock Haven) finished 3rd in 30:02.7. Adams State won the team race in dominating fashion with 54 points. Grand Valley State was 2nd with 104 points and Augustana was 3rd with 122 points.
- Title Defenses, Upsets and More (Complete Recap)
- Complete Video Coverage
- 10:55am ET - Women's 6k
- 12:25pm ET - Men's 8k
- Men's and Women's Preview Article
- Men's Championship - St. Olaf won a very close battle over North Central by a score of 84 to 86. Wisconsin La Crosse finished 3rd with 155 points. Michael LeDuc (Conn College) won overall with a time of 24:29.3. John Crain (North Central) finished 2nd in 24:33.1 and Grant Wintheiser (St. Olaf) was 3rd in 24:34.8.
- Women's Championship - Johns Hopkins won decisively with 85 points for the team crown. Williams College finished 2nd with 137 points and Middlebury was 3rd with 185 points. Chelsea Johnson (St. Scholastica) won individually with a time of 21:11.7 over Noelle Olson (St. Olaf) in 21:22.3. Kaleigh Kenny (Williams) finished 3rd overall with a time of 21:23.7.