2013 Cross Country Highlights
- Check out our dedicated Roy Griak Coverage page and sign up for FloTrack Pro to watch the races LIVE!
Blake Haney edged Joe Hardy to remain #1 in the US rankings. (Photo by Maria De La Rosa)
Steven Fahy (La Costa Canyon) exploded onto the scene with a 3rd place showing against the best in the country. (Photo by Maria De La Rosa)
Just a week after a narrow loss to Haney, Rosa finished 4th with a respectable time. (Photo by Maria De La Rosa)
Check out the epic battle between Haney, Hardy, Fahy and De La Rosa
Blake Haney got the win over Joe Hardy on tired legs
Joe Hardy was happy with his 2nd place finish
- It could not have been more epic of a battle. Saucony Elite 50 #1 Blake Haney (Stockdale CA) and #2 Joe Hardy (Seattle Prep WA) hammered their way to the line with Haney coming out on top with both clocked in 14:58!! Steven Fahy (La Costa Canyon CA) was 3rd in 15:04, coming out on top of #3 Estevan De La Rosa (Arcadia CA) who was 4th in 15:13. Arcadia dominated the team battle to win with 100 points and a 15:53 average. La Costa Canyon was 2nd with 165 points.
- In the girls seeded action Fiona O'Keeffe took control with a winning time of 17:38. Veronica Yamane (Arcadia) finished 2nd in 18:49. Emma Abrahmson (La Costa Canyon) was 3rd in 17:57.
- Anna Maxwell (San Lorenzo Valley) won the girls Division 4 race with the fastest time of the day, a 17:22 clocking.
- Girls Danner Champs: Alexa Efraimson had complete control here, winning impressively by 41 seconds with a time of 17:59.67. Ella Donaghu finished as the runner up with a time of 18:40.86. Arroyo Grande won a close team battle over Summit 116 to 117.
- Boys Danner Champs: Matthew Maton (Summit) notches another big win with a time of 15:57.99 over Elijah Armstrong (Pocatello) with a time of 16:04.25. Gig Harbor boys continue to win big, this time with 50 points over Warren with 103.
- Elise Cranny (Niwot CO) won the Open women's division with a quick 20:39 for 5.8k! The time is roughly equivalent to a 17:45 5k which isn't too shabby when you tack on an extra half mile of racing.
CBA's pack in the woods. (Photo by roondog9)
Mike McClemens leading the way for CBA with the individual win. (Photo courtesy of @CBAXC)
- In the boys Varsity 1 race Saucony Elite 50 #1 Christian Brothers Academy (NJ) dominated much like last year, winning with 30 points with an average of 16:16.22, just 2 seconds off what they squad ran last year. Pembroke was 2nd with 104 points. Mike McClemens led the way for the squad with his winning time of 16:02.29. Blaise Ferro, his teammate, was 2nd in 16:06.51.
- Saucony Elite 50 #5 Cerake Geberkidane (Denver East) won huge with a time of 15:18, nearly two minutes up on the field.
- The Saucony Elite 50 #9 Monarch girls dominated in their team race with 28 points scored and a 43 second spread.
- Saucony Elite 50 #5 York boys dominated over St. Xavier (KY) with a score of 49 to 107. Alex Bashqawi got the win to lead the team with a time of 14:43.10. Jesse Reiser (McHenry) was 2nd in 14:44.90. The squads team average was 15:02 and they had a 48 second spread.
- Palatine girls defended their home turf over Assumption (KY) by a score of 106 to 118. Whitney O'Bryan (Daviess County KY) won the girls title with a time of 17:20.60 over Kaitlyn Ko (Buffalo Grove) in 17:25.60.
Taylor Werner is absolutely tearing it up this year, will it be enough to move up the rankings?! (Photo by Andrew Everett)
- Saucony Elite 50 #7 Taylor Werner (Ste. Genevieve) flat out dominated with a swift 17:43.19 clocking, winning by nearly a minute over Jamie Kempfer (Festus) in 18:42.92. Hannah Long (Eureka) was 3rd in 18:51.86.
- Abbie McNulty (Bishop Feehan) won the girls varsity race with a time of 17:48.54 clocking over Claire Howlett (Westhill) in 2nd with a time of 18:01.21. Red Bank Catholic (NJ) won the team race over Bishop Feehan by a score of 64 to 88.
- Saucony Elite 50 #18 Audrey Belf (Seaholm) won over a solid field in the big schools race with a time of 17:02.8 for 5k. Lauren Brasure (Rockford) was 2nd in 17:29.9 and Ersula Farrow (Grosse Pointe South) was 3rd in 17:52.6. Saucony Elite 50 #21 Seaholm won huge over a loaded field with 45 points as #12 Northville was 2nd with 60 points.
- Complete Meet Headquarters Article
- Photo Albums
- Video Coverage: Race Videos and Interviews
- Complete Meet Preview Article
- Top 25 Fun Things about the meet
- Sara Hall headlines celebrity guests
- Boys ROC: Nick Diaz (Miami Sunset) won the boys race in an upset with a solid 15:15.60 clocking. Nicholas Morken (Niceville) was 2nd with a time of 15:16.60. Belen Jesuit Prep won the team crown with 114 points.
- Girls ROC: Karen Xiang (Nease) dominated this one and had complete control with a winning time of 17:52.20. Emily Edwards (Fort Myers) finished 2nd with a time of 18:04.40. Estero girls won big with a point total of 68.
(File photo of Carmel dominating the Valkyrie Invite last weekend)
- In the girls Elite race the Saucony Elite 50 #3 Carmel girls dominated the meet with a mere 23 points to conquer Columbus North, 75 points, and West Lafayette, 118 points. Kelcy Welch led the way for her team with the individual win in a time of 17:53.8. Mackenzie Caldwell led C. North with a runner-up finish in 18:05.1.
- Zach Panning (Concordia Lutheran) won the boys Elite race in 15:26. Carmel boys also won a two-way battle for the win over Columbus North by a score of 57 to 85.
- Boys Gold Race: Saucony Elite 50 #22 Noah Kauppila (Marquette MO) easily won the boys race with a winning time of 15:26.70. Stuart McNutt (Blue Valley West) was 2nd in 15:38.00.
Saucony Elite 50 #13 Carolina Alcorta dominated at Maymont! (Photo by Brandon Miles)
Pat Hally got a hard earned W in the boys race at Maymont. (Photo by Brandon Miles)
- Complete Coverage Article
- Photo Album by Mary Ann Magnant
- Video Coverage
- Meet Information Article
- Boys Championship Virtual Meet Preview
- Girls Championship Virtual Meet Preview
- Caroline Alcorta (West Springfield), ranked #13 in the latest Saucony Elite 50 Rankings, absolutely owned this one, winning with a time of 17:55.94, nearly 40 seconds up on second place.
- In the invitational boys race Pat Hally (Salesianum) won with a time of 15:44.25 over Ryan Forsyth (Severna Park) with a time of 15:50.41. Severna Park boys dominated this one with a score of 60 points, over 100 better than 2nd place and a 16:19 team average which was the fastest in meet history by 9 seconds.
Saucony Elite 50 #7 looks really good yesterday vs. Fay-Man. (Photo by Kyle Brazeil)
Courtney Smith led the way for Unionville with the girls seeded race win. (Photo by Kyle Brazeil)
Mickey Burke crushed the meet record with his 14:25 clocking! (Photo by Kyle Brazeil)
- Saucony Elite 50 #7 Unionville (PA) dominated this one, winning the girls race with 45 points over Saucony Elite 50 #1 Fayetteville-Manlius, who had 79 points. Courtney Smith led the squad with her winning time and meet record of 16:46.2. Kennedy Weisner (Elk County Catholic) won the Varsity A race with the 2nd fastest time of the day, a 16:54.6 clocking.
- In the boys Seeded AAA race Mickey Burke (Rush-Henrietta) absolutely dominated with a winning time and meet record of 14:25. Bryce Millar (Fayetteville-Manlius) was 2nd in 14:45.1 to lead his team to a close victory over Liverpool 62 to 66.
Aidan Reed won a close boys race. (Photo courtesy of Aidan Reed)
- Makena Morley (Bigfork) dominated with an impressive showing of 16:43.42 on a three mile course. Bozeman (MT) girls won the team crown over Coeur d'Alene by a score of 46 to 97.
- In the varsity boys race Aidan Reed (Helena) won with a quick time of 15:06.38 over Nicholas Hauger (Shadle Park) in 2nd with a time of 15:07.95.
- Saucony Elite 50 #12 St. Xavier (OH) boys dominated this race with an impressive showing of 27 points to secure the win. They had a 42 second spread and a 16:06.98 team average, more than 37 seconds faster than any other team. Michael Hall and Evan Stifel led the team with a 1-2 finish in times of 15:41.94 to 15:46.47.
- Annie Heffernan (St. Ursula Academy) tore apart the girls race with a quick winning time of 17:39. Jacquelyn Crow (Lebanon) finished 2nd with a time of 18:17.88.
- Complete PA Coverage Page
- Photo Albums
- Video Interviews and Race Videos
- Boys Challenge Race Virtual Meet
- Girls Challenge Race Virtual Meet
- Starting Assignments
- In the girls PUMA challenge race Mady Clahane, the super-soph from Cumberland Valley, made this course her play-thing to win easily with a time of 17:28. 2012 Foot Locker finalist Amelia Paladino (University) settled for runner-up honors with a time of 17:58. Aislinn Devlin (Downingtown West) finished an impressive 3rd for a frosh with a time of 17:59. Downingtown West won the team title with a total of 116 points.
- In the boys PUMA challenge home-town favorite Zach Brehm (Carlisle) put on an impressive display of patience and speed to win on his home course with a quick 15:28 clocking. Patrick Reilly (Dallastown) was 2nd in 15:34. Saucony Elite #9 West Chester Henderson dominated despite being without their #1 man Tony Russell with 88 points.
Gregory (in purple) pulled away from Rainsberger and made winning look easy. (Photo by Alan Versaw)
- Race Story by Alan Versaw
- Photo Album by Alan Versaw
- Photo Album by pericjaeger
- Girls Varsity Race Video
- Boys Varsity Race Video
- Start Lists and Previews
- Frosh Lauren Gregory (Fort Collins) is a secret no more as she stormed out of the gates and won the girls varsity race with a quick 17:45 clocking. In the process she beat some very good company with Saucony Elite 50 #10 Katie Rainsberger (Air Academy) 2nd in 18:19. Fort Collins won the team battle easily with 34 points but the race for 2nd was close with Air Academy edging Classical Academy 90 to 95.
- Dan Curtis (Ellsworth) took advantage of his opportunity in the boys Large schools race by setting a #2 All-Time performance of 15:23 behind some guy named Ben True!
Six Flags Wild Safari Invitational, NJ
Steve Maine came out on top from the C race at Six Flags.
- Steve Maine (Highland Regional) won the boys C race with the fastest time of the day, a 15:38 clocking. In the boys A race Josiah Hanko (Trinity Christian) recorded the 2nd fastest time with his winning 15:44 clocking. In the boys B race Benito Muniz (Carmel) won with a quick 15:58 clocking.
Kelly Hayes toured the Safari the fastest on Saturday.
- Kelly Hayes (Pearl River) won the girls D race with the fastest time of the day, an 18:12 clocking. Erin Jaskot (Tappan Zee) won the girls C race in 18:26, the same time as the B race winner, Julia Guerra (Indian Hills).
- Zach Langston (Lexington) won the boys varsity race easily with a quick 15:30.22. clocking.
- Logan Morris dominated the girls race with a quick winning time of 17:56.73.