2013 Outdoor Highlights
Courtney Corrin soared to a Frosh National Record of 20-11 in the long jump on Saturday. (Photo by Image of Sport)
- Elite HS Race Video and Interviews
- All Mt. SAC videos including collegiate and elite on FloTrack
- Watch LIVE on FloTrack (with a FloTrack Pro Subscription)
- Courtney Corrin (Harvard-Westlake) had an impressive day, winning the long jump with a US Frosh Record and US#1 leap of 20-11!
- Randall Cunningham (UT) won the boys high jump with a US#1 7-3 clearance and Claire Keiffer-Wright took the girls win win an impressive US#1 6-00 jump.
- Simi Valley (CA) with Sarah Baxter at anchor won the girls DMR with a great 11:47.74 clocking.
- Jade Miller (Great Oak) won the 300 Hurdles with a US#1 time of 41.31.
- Ben Saarel (UT) again outkicks Bernie Montoya (AZ), this time over a mile distance with a time of 4:08.55 with a 54 second final 400m. Montoya finished 2nd with a time of 4:09.
- Ariana Washington won the girls 100m dash in a tie for US#2 of 11.51.
- Sasha Wallace gets another win in the 100m Hurdles with a US#1 13.43 clocking.
- Ivan Gonzalez (Ridgeview) took down two mid-distance talents as he won the 800m dash in 1:52.27 over Bernie Montoya, 2nd in 1:52.40 and Ben Saarel in 1:52.64.
- JSerra boys completed a sprint relay sweep, taking the 4x100m in 40.97, the 4x200m in 1:25.63 and the 4x400m in 3:15.12. Dorsey was 2nd in the 4x400 in 3:15.92.
- Long Beach Poly won the girls 4x100m in 45.96 and the 4x400m in 3:47.23 over Piedmont Hills in 3:47.94.
- Devon Allen (Brophy Prep AZ) won the 110 Hurdles with an impressive US#3 clocking of 13.50. Allen was also 2nd in the 200m with a time of 21.17.
- Khalfani Muhammad (Notre Dame) won the boys 100m dash with a quick 10.48 and came back in the 200m dash to win in 21.11.
- Christian Carter (San Leandro) won the 400m dash in 47.53 over Ronny Hall (JSerra) in 47.82.
- Redondo Union (CA) won the girls 4x800m run with a solid time of 9:06.57.
- Vista Murrietta (CA) blazed to a new US#1 in the boys 4x800m relay with a great time of 7:41.20! Centennial (NV) was 2nd in 7:42.52 and Loyola (CA) was 3rd in 7:45.63. Vista Murrietta also won the DMR with a quick 10:07.73 clocking with Madera South 2nd in 10:08.58.
- Sydney Badger won the girls invite mile with a quick 4:52.16 while Megan Huebner finished 2nd in 4:53.49.
- Daniel De La Torre won the boys 3200m run with a time of 9:04.49 with Addison DeHaven finishing 2nd in 9:05.26.
Elise Cranny video by www.9news.com
Elise Cranny set the CO soil 1600m record in 4:47.56! (Photo by Ashley Green)
- Elise Cranny (Niwot CO) continues her amazing season, running a Colorado soil record for 1600m with her winning 4:47.56 clocking! The time beats Melody Fairchild's 1991 record time of 4:49.86. For good measure she won the 800m run as well with a meet record time of 2:13.19. She also ran on the winning 4x800m team in 9:28.79, which helped Niwot win their 4th straight county title. The altitude in Longmont, CO is just about 5,000 feet. Watch out NYC, deja vu is coming your way at the Adidas Grand Prix!
- Valarie Allman (Silver Creek) won the discus with a toss of 176-10.
Aaliyah Brown (IL) won the 100m to earn a trip to NYC. (Photo by Paul Everett)
Kenzo Cotton earned his trip to the Dream 100 in NYC. (Photo by Paul Everett)
Hannah Long is your KU Relays 1600m and 800m champ.
Spencer Haik won the 1600m and 800m runs at the KU Relays. (Photo by Andrew Everett)
- Photo Album by Andrew Everett
- Video Interviews and Race Videos
- Day 1 Highlights Article
- Day 2 Highlights Article
- Kansas Relays Preview Article
- Acceptance Lists
- Hannah Long (Eureka MO) won by 3 seconds in the girls 800m run with a time of 2:12.81. Maggie Montoya (Rogers AR) was 2nd in 2:15.06.
- Long came back to win the 1600m run as well with a time of 4:49.95 to break the meet record held by Alli Cash. Montoya was 2nd in this one as well with a time of 4:52.76.
- Spencer Haik (Glendale) won the boys 1600m run with an impressive 4:11.76 clocking. Amos Bartelsmeyer was 2nd in 4:12.56 and Garrett Lee was 3rd in 4:13.51. Haik also won the 800m run in 1:55.54.
- Aaliyah Brown (Lincoln-Way East) won the 100m dash and earned a trip to the Adidas Dream 100 in NY with a winning time of 11.60w.
- Kenzo Cotton (Papillion-LaVista) won the boys 100m dash to earn his Dream 100 ticket with a time of 10.69.
- Dani Plank (Gardner-Edgerton) won the girls javelin with a US#3 throw of 161-01.5.
- Aaliyah Pete (Elkhorn South) won the girls shot with a great put of 47-00.50.
- Bo Farrow (Broken Arrow) won the boys shot put with a heave of 61-3.
Marshall gets rare air in AZ. (Photo by Margot Kelly)
- Sarah Fakler (Sr., Xavier College Prep) ran a 4:51.73 in the 1600. Dani Jones (So., Desert Vista) finished 2nd in 4:53.94.
- Scott Marshall (Sr., Desert Vista) jumped 17'1" in the Pole Vault for an Arizona All Time #2 mark.
Check out race video of McGorty running 8:46 for 3200m.
McGorty can't help but smile after crossing the line in 8:46. (Photo by Brandon Miles)
- Sean McGorty (Chantilly VA) rolled to a solo 8:46.07 clocking in the 3200m run, a 59 second victory and US#2 performance. Despite racing in windy conditions (20 mph sustained winds) and lack of competition (runner-up was 69 seconds behind him), Sean McGorty of Chantilly impressively opened up his outdoor season with one of the fastest times in the nation this spring and one of the fastest all-time 3200 meter performances in Virginia high school history at 8:46.07 at the Lake Braddock Hall of Fame Invitational on Saturday morning.
- Felecia Majors (South County) won the 400m dash in an impressive 54.05 clocking and added the 100m dash in 12.06.
- Hannah Christen (Lake Braddock) won the girls 1600m run in 4:56.15.
- Sophie Chase (Lake Braddock) won the girls 800m in a fast 2:11.93 over Ellison Grove (Battlefield) in 2:13.13.
- Chase Heiner (Centreville) won the boys 800m run in 1:54.73.
Glenbard West Victory Flash Mob
- Emma Fisher (York) won the girls 3200m run with a very quick 10:30.80. Carly Krull (Sandburg) was 2nd with a time of 10:41.65.
- Madeline Perez (Glenbard West) won the 1600m run with a solid 4:54.40.
- Kadecia Baird (Medgar Evers) won the 200m dash with a great time of 23.84.
- Charlie Ionata (RI) won the hammer throw with a big US#1 heave of 228-4.
- Haley Crouser (Gresham) won the collegiate Javelin in a US#1 162-10.25.
- Alexa Efraimson (Camas) won the 800m run with an impressive clocking of 2:09.63.
- Isaiah Brandt-Sims won the boys 100m dash in 10.59 and the 200m dash in 21.33.
- Marybeth Sant won the girls 100m dash in 11.80 and the 200m dash in 24.31.
- Dan Oekerman took down Elijah Armstrong in the 1500m run with times of 3:56.88 to 3:56.91.
- Alec Smith won over Joe Hardy in the 800m run 1:52.80 to 1:53.43.
- Ella Donaghu, a frosh from Grant, won the 1500m run with a time of 4:31.56.
- Erin Clark won the girls 3000m run with a solid 9:40.19 clocking. Maggie Schmaedick was 2nd in 9:43.89.
- Colby Gilbert won the boys 3k with a solid 8:26.29 clocking and Dan Oekerman was 2nd in 8:28.04.