2013 Outdoor Highlights
- Complete Coverage Article
- Photo Album by Todd Grasley
- Video Coverage
- Andres Arroyo ran a solo 8:51.47 for 3200 meters after a 4:20 first mile. The time is US#2 all time for Florida and puts Andres in rare company as he becomes only the 5th high schooler to run under 1:50 and 9:00 in a open race.
- Reggie Glover won the 100m dash in 10.60, the 200m dash in 21.17 and the 400m dash in 46.46.
Cranny over Colter, twice over. (Photo by Alan Versaw)
Allman tosses the discus with nice form. (Photo by Alan Versaw)
- Elise Cranny (Niwot) and Jordyn Colter (Cherry Creek) had a pair of stellar battles with Cranny taking the 1600m in 4:53.13 and the 800m run in 2:09.94, a pair of fine times at altitude. Colter was runner up both times in 4:58.30 and 2:10.08.
- Valarie Allman (Silver Creek) was stellar in the discus, tossing a great 179-6 mark.
John Crossley ran fast to double in the 800m/1600m. (Photo by John Olson)
Natasha posing with her record mark. (Photo by John Olson)
- Aiken senior Natasha Dicks set a Taco Bell Classic meet record of 41 feet, 10 inches in the triple jump. The jump is the top mark in the . The previous record, held by Searra Jones (Fort Dorchester, 2008), was 40 feet, 10 inches.
- Andrea Wright (Indian River) won the 200m dash in 24.16 and the 400m dash in 56.68.
- Malia Ellington also doubled in the 1600m (5:06.36) and the 3200m run (10:58.04).
- Elizabeth Seton rolled in the 4x400m relay with a quick 3:55.90 clocking.
- Xavier Atkins (Spruce Creek) ran a solid double for a sophomore, winning the 100m dash in 10.75 and the 200m dash in 21.10.
- Michael Cherry (Oscar Smith) got the win in the 400m dash with a quick 47.23 clocking.
- John Crossley (West Cartere) got two big wins with a great 800m clocking of 1:51.02 and a mile clocking of 4:14.84. Tre'tez Kinnaird (Butler) finished 2nd in the 800 with a time of 1:52.60.
- Spring Valley won the boys 4x400m relay with a time of 3:18.77.
- Girls 100: Jena Alston (Blythewood) 11.89
- Boys 100: Xavier Atkins (Spruce Creek) 10.75
- Boys 110 hurdles: Drew Barker (T.C. Roberson) 14.54
- Girls pole vault: Jackie Meeks (First Colonial) 11-06
- Boys 4x100: Blythewood 42.60
Texas District Meets, TX
District 4-5A Meet: Trevor Gilley (Southlake Carroll) won a great 1600 in 4:109.24 over Austen Dalquist (Keller) in 4:12.16 and Joe Sansone (Southlake Carroll) in 4:12.43.
District 18-5A Meet: Drevian Young (Aldine Nimitz) won the 400m dash with a state-leading mark of 47.14.
District 9-5A Meet: Dallas Skyline won the 4x100m with a state leading time of 46.66.
District 4-5A Meet: Courtney Kriegshauser (Soutlake Carroll) won the 1600m run in a top Texas mark of 4:50.23.
District 12-5A Meet: Keyunt'a Washington (Mesquite) won the 100m dash with a quick time of 11.74 but ran a state-leading 11.53 in the prelims.
Florida District Meets, FL
- Marlon Humphrey (Hoover) had a fine day in the hurdles with a meet record win in the 110 hurdles of 13.38 and a meet record win in the 300 hurdles of 35.61.
- Hoover won the 4x100 relay with a time of 41.95 but set a meet record of 41.83 in the prelims. Hoover then posted a 3:21.58 to win the 4x400m relay.
- Jaalen Jones (Thompson) won the 100m dash with a time of 10.60 and the 200m dash in 21.87.
- Mac Macoy (Vestavia Hills) had a solid double in the distances with a 1600m win in 4:16.99 and a 3200m win in 9:17.65.
- Brittley Humphrey (Hoover), a frosh, won the 100 hurdles in a meet record time of 14.31 and also won the 300 hurdles in 44.42.
- Hoover won the 4x100m relay in 48.53 and cracked 4 in the 4x400m relay with a winning time of 3:59.62.
- Kiara Williams (Homewood) and Simone Charley (Spain Park) battled in the girls long jump as both cleared 19-00.50 to break the meet record with Williams taking the win.
- Brianna Schwartz (Schaler) pulled off a solid double by winning the 1600m run in 4:54.15 and the 3200m run in 10:50.51.
- Ethan Martin (Fox Chapel) pulled off the same double with times of 4:22.34 and the 3200m run in 9:28.49.
- Cumberland Valley boys rolled with a 4x800m relay win in 7:56.27.
- Karen Bulger won the javelin with a great toss of 161-5.
- Katie Knight (North Central) won the mile run with a time of 4:52.80.
- Kennadi Bouyer (Curtis) won the long jump with a mark of 18-10.
Hannah Long rolling in the 1600. (Photo by Andrew Everett)
- Hannah Long ran a solid 4:52 in the 1600m run.
- Ezekiel Elliott ran 14.17/38.54 for the 110H and 300H as well as winning the 100m/200m.
Perez dominating the 3200. (Photo by Tony Jones)
- Complete Recap Article
- Photo Album by Tony Jones
- Video Coverage
- Madeline Perez pulled away quickly running a 5:06 first 1600m followed by a 5:21 to clock in at 10:27.30 to win the 3200m run.
- Perez also finished 2nd in the 1600m run with a time of 5:02.26 as Emma Fisher won in 5:02.23.