2013 Outdoor Highlights
Check out video of Usain Bolt running 14.42 for 150 meters on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janiero, site of the 2016 Olympic Games.
Texas Relays, TX
Daven Murphree scraped the skies with a leap of 17-08.50. (Photo by Angelle Albright)
Trevor Gilley and Southlake Carroll recorded a US#1 10:03.59 DMR. (Photo by Angelle Albright)
Natron Gipson (Arlington Bowie) cleared 6-10..25 to win, and is US#4 6-11 on the year. (Photo by Angelle Albright)
Anthony Dudley won the discus with a US#4 heave of 182-09. (Photo by Angelle Albright)
- Coverage Central Article
- Photo Album by Angelle Albright
- LIVE Results
- Meet Schedule
- LIVE Feed Links Here
- Daven Murphree (Big Sandy) won the pole vault with a US#10 tie All-Time mark of 17-08.50.
- Tony Brown won the 110H with a blazing 13.38 clocking over Arno Hamilton, 13.94.
- St. Thomas Aquinas girls blitzed a 3:41.52 to win the 4x400m relay with a 54.51 anchor. Lancaster was 2nd in 3:44.71 to give it a good go to keep with them.
- Houston Nimitz blazed in the boys 4x400m relay to a winning time of 3:14.11 and Lancaster was 2nd in 3:14.61. DeSoto finished 3rd, also in a quick 3:15.30.
- Lincoln-Way East won the girls 4x200m relay with a very fast time of 1:37.55 with Lancaster in 2nd at 1:37.75.
- DeSoto blazed to the win in the boys 4200m relay with a quick 1:25.46 clocking, well up on 2nd place.
- St. Thomas Aquinas won the girls 4x800m relay with a time of 9:17.56.
- Flower Mound won the boys 4x800m relay with a quick 7:52.81 over Southlake Carroll in 7:53.36.
- Lincoln-Way East won the girls 4x100m relay with a swift 46.59 clocking over Cedar Hill who recorded 46.73 for 2nd.
- DeSoto won the boys 4x100m relay over Texarkana with times of 41.14 to 41.33. Katy Morton Ranch was 3rd in 41.38.
- Tony Brown set a meet and stadium record in the 110m Hurdles with his quick 13.38 clocking.
- Yes it was a 3.2 wind but Cameron Burrell recorded a blazing 10.07 win in the 100m dash over Kyle Fulks in 10.21.
- Annie Rhodes won a close pole vault battle over Lakan Taylor as both vaulters recorded a mark of 13-08.50.
- Lincoln-Way East recorded the fastest girls 4x100 prelim time with a 46.89 clocking. Dallas Skyline was 2nd fastest at 47.51 and Cedar Hill recorded a 47.55 clocking.
- Sandie Raines (Humble Kingwood) won a close one in the girls 3200m run with a clocking of 10:18.98. Natalie Rathjen (Dallas Highland Park) finished in the runner-up slot with a clocking of 10:19.54.
- Connor Hendrickson (Southlake Carroll) took the boys 3200m run with a time of 9:10.77 over Austen Dalquist (Keller) who was 2nd in 9:11.53.
Valarie Allman (CO) hit US#6 All-Time 184-2 in the Discus for the win!
- Southlake Carroll boys roll to a US#1 10:03.59 win in the DMR with Trevor Gilley on anchor! Lewisville Hebron hit US#2 in the race with a 10:14.63 clocking with Robert Domanic on anchor. Reported splits for Carroll were 3:05, 50.0, 1:57 and 4:10.
- Southlake Carroll girls also get the DMR win with a quick 11:56.32 clocking.
- The Woodlands girls won the 1600m sprint medley with a time of 3:58.64.
- St. Thomas Aquinas put it down in the girls 4x400m prelims, running a blazing 3:43.79!! Lancaster girls ran a 3:50.36 in the 4x400m prelims. Klein Forest girls ran a 3:50.40 in the 4x400m prelims. Southlake Carroll girls blazed to a prelim 4x400m relay time of 3:52.60.
- Natron Gibson (Arlington Bowie) cleared 6-10.25 to win the high jump and sits at US#4 6-11 currently on the year.
- Anthony Dudley (Parkland) won the boys discus with a US#4 heave of 182-09.
- Cameron Burrell was the fastest boys D2 100m qualifier with a blistering 10.37 clocking. Eli Hall-Thompson was 2nd fastest, clocking in a quick 10.38.
- Chris Ibarra defeated Brian Barraza in the boys 1600m run with times of 4:12.60 to 4:13.55.
- St. Thomas Aquinas was the fastest girls D2 4x200 qualifier with a time of 1:38.76. Lincoln Way East was 2nd fastest in 1:38.82.
- Tony Brown had the fastest boys D2 110 Hurdles time with a quick 13.62 clocking.
- DeSoto boys get fastest 4x200m prelim time of 1:26.36. Converse Judson was 2nd fastest at 1:26.59.
- St. Thomas Aquinas girls get the fastest 4x200 qualifier with a time of 1:38.76 with Lincoln-Way East 2nd in 1:38.82.
- Keelin Hollowood won the 2k steeple with a quick 6:59.02 meet record clocking.
- Chris Mulverhill won the boys 2k steeple in a time of 6:01.68.
- Yohaness Estifanos (Milpitas) won the boys 3k race with a quick 8:29.78 clocking while Jose Herrera (Madera South) was 2nd in 8:34.00.
- Sir Francis Drake boys ran solo to win the boys DMR with a quick time of 10:19.97.
- Anna Maxwell won the girls mile with a US#1 clocking of 4:47.01. Sarah Robinson was 2nd in 4:49.26.
- Eugene Hamilton won the boys mile in a quick 4:12.74.
- Madeline Fagan won the girls high jump in 5-10.75 as Claire Kieffer-Wright was 2nd also in 5-10.75.
Raleigh Relays, NC
Frazier on her way to a sub-10 clocking! (Photo by Walter Kreiling)
- Wesley Frazier rolls to an outdoor US#1 clocking of 9:57 in the 3200m run, killing the field by over 200 meters! The time coverts to 10:01.17 for 2 miles which is US#8 All-Time, quite a feat for an early season meet!
- Kurtis Steck won the boys 3200m run with a quick 9:08.49 clocking. Nikolaus Kreiling was 2nd in 9:11.05 and AJ Tucker was 3rd in 9:11.48.
- Bakri Abushouk (Cary NC) finished 16th in the 2nd heat of the 5k with a solid 14:34.44 clocking.
Grant Hill won the discus with a US#1 toss of 203-7. (Photo by Brad Hill)
- Marlon Humphrey (Hoover AL) won the 110H with a quick US#1 13.68, the 100 dash with a swift 10.63 and a US#4 47.41 over 400 meters. What a great day!
- Grant Hill (Huntsville) won the boys discus throw with a US#1 toss of 203-7. The mark set a new AL state record.
Virgo won the high jump in US#4 form. (Photo by Patty Morgan)
- Cyre Virgo won the high jump with a 5-09.75 mark.
- Sarah Firestone won the javelin with a toss of 143-3.
- Emma Keenan won the 400m dash in a step down in distance with a fine 55.80 clocking.
- Niager Mathis won the 200m dash in 21.72 and the 400m dash in 49.07.
- Kevin James won the 3200m run with a clocking of 9:15.72.