2012-2013 Indoor Highlights
- Emma Gallagher (Garden City) torches the track to the tune of a 1:30.97 over 600m for a NY #3 all-time mark and a new US#1.
- Kellenberg (NY) rolls in the girls 4x800m relay with a time of 9:30.9.
- Jazmine Fray (Kellenberg) won the 1000m run with a US#4 clocking of 2:55.77.
- Sibby Hanson (Arlington) won the Invitational 3200m run with a US#2 clocking of 9:17.55.
Dartmouth Relays, NH
Chariho took the DMR with a US top-10 time. (Photo by roondog9)
- Leah Triller (Holy Names) won the 1000m run with a US#3 clocking of 2:55.23.
- Bryce Kelly (Chariho) used a strong kick to get the win in the Mile run and earn a berth in the junior mile at the New Balance Grand Prix. Kelly ran 4:20.13 for the win.
- Sheridan Wilbur (La Salle) won the girls mile to earn the same berth with a time of 5:02.72.
- Abby Livingston (Barrington) won the 600m dash with a US top 5 performance of 1:35.93.
- Precious Holmes (Hillhouse) snagged a meet record in the 300m run with a US#3 clocking of 39.30.
- Chariho (RI) won the boys DMR with a US#10 time of 10:34.51.
- Mary Cain just created a track history all to her own. Mary ran 9:02.10 for 3000m to get 15 seconds under the fastest prep time before her. She is also 6 seconds under the fastest time indoor or out. Unfortunately she won't get the national record since the UW track is 300m (like that makes a difference for distance events), but her time is the National Overall Record, better than Lynn Bjorklund's 1975 mark of 9:08.6, set outdoors.
- Katie Knight (North Central) was 8th overall in the race with a time of 9:36.23.
- Lakan Taylor got to some rare height, jumping to a 13-6 nation-leading performance in the pole vault. Annie Rhodes was also at 13-6, getting second on misses. Desiree Freier took third with a vault of 12-6.
- Daven Murphree (Big Sandy) soared to an impressive 16-07 in the pole vault for a new US#1.
- John Warren (Killeen) had a solid day, jumping US#1 48-10.5 in the triple jump and US#3 23-3.25 in the long jump.
- Malik Summers (Lewisville) won the 200m dash in 21.84 but recorded a US#3 21.81 in the prelims.
- Aaron Mallett (McCluer North) won the 60H with a US#2 clocking of 8.00.
- Amos Bartelsmeyer (MICDS) won the one mile run with a time of 4:13.26 and then came back for 2nd in the 800m with a time of 1:52.56. Chris Ibarra (Atlanta) won the 800m with a time of 1:52.54.
- Aaliyah Brown (Lincoln-Way East) won the 200m dash in 24.58 and added the 60m dash in 7.60.
Hannah Meier (Grosse Pointe South) and Lauren Burnett (Dakota) put on a nice show in the 800m run with times of 2:11.85 and 2:11.89.
Holloway (center) looks fast even in a photo! (Photo by Jacqueline Justice)
- Frosh Grant Holloway (Grassfield) torched the track in the 55H to a US#1 time of 7.40!
- Tiana Patillo (Wakefield) smoked the field in the 500m run to win with a US#1 time of 1:14.01. The time is also NC #2 all-time!
- Forest Park (VA) boys run a US#1 1:29.85 and they did it on a flat track!
- Brianna Hayes (Matoaca) won the high jump with a US#1 clearance of 5-10!
- Wakefield (NC) girls won the 4x200m relay with a US#4 mark of 1:42.81.
Sean McGorty cruised around the oval to a US#1 1600m. (Photo by Gabe Lamartina)
- Coverage Article (Live Tweets!)
- Photo Galleries: Jon Fleming | Gabe Lamartina
- Sean McGorty Post-Race Interview
- Boys 1600m Race Video
- All Videos
- Chantilly's Foot Locker runner-up Sean McGorty blasted a US#1 4:11.55 over 1600 meters. Now that's blazing!!
- Chantilly won the 4x800m relay with a time of 8:03 and McGorty split a 1:55 anchor. Sean McGorty finished up his meet by winning the 1000m run with a US#5 time of 2:30.23.
- Kendell Wiles (Blacksburg) won the 500m dash with a US#3 clocking of 1:16.07.
- Cardinal O'Hara ran a US#5 time in the 4x800m relay, winning in 9:34.82. Pennsbury finished 2nd with a US#6 clocking of 9:37.58.
- Pennridge won the DMR with a US#5 clocking of 12:27.87.
- Ibn Short (Milton Hershey) tied the US#2 mark in the high jump with his winning leap of 6-9.
MITS Meet #2, MI
(Graphic by David Everett)
- Erin Finn (West Bloomfield) threw down a solo US#1 3200m time of 10:18.23!