2012 Cross Country Highlights
Karis Jochen, Sandie Raines, Madie Boreman, Katie Jensen, Alex Davis, Courtney Kreigshauser, Megan Montgomery; Pictured with Leo Manzano, Olympic 1500m Silver Medalist (Photo by Rhonda Ellis)
- Boys Championship Race: Southlake Carroll dominated with 48 points and a 15:30.20 average to win the team race and qualify for NXN. Carroll put 4 in the top-8 overall to claim the victory!! The Woodlands finished 2nd to take the other qualifying spot with 237 points. Robert Domanic (Hebron) won the race overall with a time of 15:09.13 and other qualifiers are Ryan Teel, 5th in 15:21.21, Cameron Villareal, 6th in 15:23.92, Jacob Shiohira, 7th in 15:29.09, and Austin Wells, 9th in 15:32.37.
- Girls Championship Race: Southlake Carroll also won the girls race with 69 points over The Woodlands, with 135 points, with both qualifying for the NXN finals! Karis Jochen won the individual title with a time of 17:17.33. Sandie Raines finished 2nd in 17:30.85, Madie Boreman was 3rd in 17:36.55, Katie Jensen was 4th in 17:36.69, and Alex Davis was 5th in 17:38.51.
Bernie gets it at the end! (Photo by Margot Kelly)
Cranny rolls for the girls. (Photo by Margot Kelly)
American Fork (UT) won the team title and will go off to Portland yet again! (Photo by Margot Kelly)
Davis boys, NXNSW runner-up, are headed to Portland. (Photo by Margot Kelly)
Davis girls won the NXNSW title and are all smiles headed to Portland. (Photo by Margot Kelly)
Fort Collins (CO) finished 2nd and will be headed to Portland! (Photo by Margot Kelly)
- Photo Albums:
- Video Coverage: Race Footage and highlights
- Meet Stories
- Boys Preview Article
- Girls Preview Article
- Start Lists
- Visit the Nike Hyper Warm truck!
- Boys Championship Race: Bernie Montoya (Cibola AZ) won the individual race with a time of 14:48.5! Joining Bernie in Portland are Benjamin Saarel (Park City UT), 2nd in 14:52.4, Luis Martinez (Sue Cleveland NM), 3rd in 14:54.4, Jordan Cross, 4th in 14:58.4, Jake Heslington, 5th in 14:58.8. American Fork (UT) won the team title on the boys side to qualify for the NXN finals, followed by Davis (UT) who will also go to Portland.
- Girls Championship Race: Elise Cranny (Niwot CO) won the girls race with a time of 16:59. Joining Cranny in Portland are Katie Rainsberger, 2nd in 17:11.3, Heather Bates, 3rd in 17:18.7, Lucy Biles, 4th in 17:23.5 and Summer Harper, 5th in 17:31.1. Davis (UT) won the girls race and will be joined in the NXN finals by Fort Collins (CO) who finished 2nd.
Burda rolls at Wapinger Falls. (Photo by Kyle Brazeil)
- Boys Championship Race: Sebastian Hanson (Arlington) won the boys individual title with a time of 16:00.7, 6 seconds up on 2nd place Thomas Slattery (Chaminade) in 16:06.9. Alec Peinkofer (Baldwinsville) was 3rd with a time of 16:08.6. Saratoga won the team crown with 116 points with Arlington 2nd with 166 points and St. Anthony's 3rd with 182 points.
- Girls Championship Race: Bella Burda (Arlington) won the girls race with a time of 17:56.9, outpacing the field by 25 seconds. Katie Lembo (Penfield) was 2nd in 18:22.6 and Taylor Driscoll (Saratoga Springs) was 3rd in 18:25.5. Saratoga Springs outpaced Academy of Holy Names for the win 70 to 101. Burnt Hills was 3rd with 182 points.
Andre Arroyo (Colonial) get the win and leads his team to victory.
- State Meet Coverage Central Article
- Photo Albums
- Video Coverage: Race Footage and Athlete Interviews
- In-depth Preview Articles
- 4A Boys: Andres Arroyo (Colonial) won the boys race with ease in 15:18.95, 15 seconds up on the competition! Brandon Marquez (a Timber Creek frosh) was 2nd in 15:33.79. Daniel Fernandez (Columbus) finished 3rd with a time of 15:43.29. Colonial ran away with the team title, scoring 58 points with a 16:00.42 team average.
- 4A Girls: Bridget Blake (Dr. Phillips) won the individual title in a dominating fashion with a time of 17:53.04. Second place went to Alexa Cruz (St. Thomas Aquinas) with a time of 18:14.79. St. Thomas Aquinas took down HB Plant by a score of 59 to 86. Aquinas had a solid team average of 18:57.43.
- 3A Boys: Thomas Howell (Niceville) blasted a 15:19.64 clocking to outpace the others by 11 seconds on his way to the win. Tyler Bennett (Fort Myers) was 2nd with a time of 15:30.38 and Nicholas Morken (Niceville) was 3rd with a time of 15:34.26. Belen Jesuit packed 4 in the top-10 to outclass the field with a score of 60 points and a 15:52.73 team average.
- 3A Girls: Susan Givens (Chiles) won the individual title with a quick time of 17:48.78, 10 seconds clear of the field. Katy Gladis Solis (Estero) was 2nd in 17:58.70 with teammate Kacy Smith right behind in 17:58.97. Estero won the team title in a landslide victory with just 42 points, nearly 100 up on Ft. Walton Beach. The squad also boasted an 18:35 1-5 average.
- 2A Boys: Alex Pedraza (Golden Gate) blazed to a winning time of 15:44.34, well clear of the field. David Yarborough (Bishop Kenny) was 2nd in 15:59.81. Bishop Kenny ran away with the team title with 69 points.
- 2A Girls: Julia Montgomery (Pine Crest) won the individual title with a time of 18:20.93. Mackenzie Wilson (Bolles) was 2nd in 18:28.85 and Daesha Rogers (American Heritage) finished 3rd in 18:40.88. Bolles won the team crown over Pine Crest by a score of 58 to 99.
- 1A Boys: Alex Brown (Holy Trinity) won the title over Daniel Salas (Trinity Prep) by a margin of 4 seconds 15:37.69 to 15:41.70. Holy Trinity also took the team crown with a mere 39 points.
- 1A Girls: Julie Wollrath (Holy Trinity) won the individual title by 15 seconds with a clocking of 18:15.49. Sarah Candiano (Evangelical Christian) finished 2nd with a time of 18:30.66. Oak Hall won a close team battle over Holy Trinity 64 to 79.
Jonathan Green crushes the course record on the way to the W! (Photo by Roondog9)
- Division 1 Boys: Jonathan Green (St. John's) took control of the boys race and won with a time of 15:29.67 over Mike O'Donnell (Methuen), 2nd in 15:41.9. Colin Bennie (Wachusett) was 3rd with a time of 15:42.16. Lowell won the team title over Westfield 96 to 149.
- Division 1 Girls: Catarina Rocha (Peabody) dominated this race and the meet with a swift time of 18:06.12. Christine Davis (Acton-Boxborough) finished 2nd with a time of 18:51.02. Peabody also won the team crown over Lincoln-Sudbury 108 to 117.
- Division 2 Boys: Scott Carpenter (Lenox Memorial) won the individual race with a time of 15:55.75. Paul Hogan (Burlington) was 2nd with a time of 16:03.34. Pembroke won a close battle over Bishop Feehan 46 to 67 in the team race.
- Division 2 Girls: Abbey McNulty (Bishop Feehan) won the individual title with a time of 18:20.72. Erin Dietz (Bedford) finished 2nd in 18:31.65. Bishop Feehan won the team crown with 73 points.
CBA and Bosco battling at the front early. (Photo by Pat Montferrat)
- Photo Albums:
- LIVE updates article
- Roundtable preview videos of the meet
- Non-public A: US#1 Christian Brothers Academy went 2-6 to win with 20 points and a new Team Course Record of 16:03.2. Rob Napolitano (Red Bank Catholic) won overall with a time of 16:00. To their credit Don Bosco Prep also had a great race, scoring 60 points for 2nd with an average of 16:23.80.
- Group 4 Boys: Shawn Wilson (Cherokee) won the race with a time of 15:40, 23 seconds up on the competition. West Windsor Plainsboro South won the team crown with 64 points.
- Group 4 Girls: Marisa Ruskan (Raritan) was able to outpace Kelly Janokowicz (Hillsborough) for the win 18:22 to 18:26. Hillsborough won the team crown with a point total of 64.
- Group 3 Boys: Thomas O'Neill (Middletown North) won the individual crown with a time of 15:36 over Kyle Kroon (Toms River South) who was 2nd in 15:53. Kingsway won the team crown with 110 points.
- Group 3 Girls: Mackenzie Berry (West Morris Mendham) won the individual title with a time of 18:26 over Josette Norris (Tenafly) who was 2nd in 18:44. West Norris Mendham won the team crown with 77 points over Seneca, 96 points.
- Group 2 Boys: Craig Corti (Wallkill Valley) won the title with a time of 16:07 over Travis Ellis (Morris Hills), 2nd in 16:11. Holmdel won the team crown over Wallkill Valley 56 to 63.
- Group 2 Girls: Sarah Disanza (High Point) won individually with a time of 18:29 over Clarissa Modde (Voorhees), 18:43. Voorhees dominated the team competition with a low score of 34 points.
- Group 1 Boys: Ben DeVenezia (Mountain Lakes) and teammate Chris Luciano were 1-2 with times of 16:23 and 16:29. Haddon Township won the team title over Metuchen 77 to 91.
- Group 1 Girls: Colette Richter (Mountain Lakes) won the individual title by 9 seconds with a time of 18:42. Metuchen won a close one over Pitman 86 to 98.
Ashley Erba got a solid race in prior to post-season national competition. (Photo by Jim Findlay)
- Girls Championship Race: Ashley Erba (Warsaw) won big with a time of 17:21, 34 seconds up on Bobbie Burgess (West Lafayette), 17:55. Indiana won the team race over Ohio 29 t0 37.
- Boys Championship Race: Nick Raymond (Erie Mason MI) won individually with a time of 15:25 over Riley McInerney (Charleston IL), 15:37. Michigan and Illinois tied at 42 and Michigan won with the 6th runner tiebreaker.