2012 Cross Country Highlights
Live XC Updates
Amy-Eloise Neale is the girls champ! (Photo by H. Michael Roberts)
Joe Hardy is the boys champ! (Photo by H. Michael Roberts)
US#4 North Central is off to Portland to compete in the NXN Champs! (Photo by H. Michael Roberts)
Coeur d'Alene (ID) rolled in the girls race and is in the NXN Champs in Portland! (Photo by H. Michael Roberts)
- Boys Championship Race: US#16 Joe Hardy (Seattle Prep, WA) won the boys race with a time of 15:30.1. Adam Peterman (Hellgate) finished 2nd with a time of 15:33.4 and Elijah Armstrong (Pocatello ID) finished 3rd with a time of 15:37.2. US#4 North Central (North Spokane XC Club, WA) won the team title with 58 points while Kamiakin (WA) finished 2nd with a score of 113. Summit (OR) rounded out the top-3 with a score of 152.
- Girls Championship Race: US#2 Amy-Eloise Neale (Glacier Peak, WA) won the girls individual race with a time of 17:29.3. Katie Knight (North Central WA) was 2nd with a time of 17:40.1. Alexa Efraimson (Camas) rounded out the top-3 with a time of 17:42.9. Coeur d'Alene (Pantalones Rapidos, ID) won the team crown with 52 points. Camas was 2nd with 81 points and Glacier Peak was 3rd with 135 points.
US#7 Jacob Leingang won individually and led US#19 Bismarck to the team win and NXN berth! (Photo by Jesse McCoy)
US#14 Maria Hauger (in orange) won the girls individual battle on a cold day in SD. (Photo by Jesse McCoy)
- Boys Championship Race: US#7 Jake Leingang won the individual crown with a time of 15:16.04 to lead US#19 Bismarck (ND) to the individual title with 102 points. Dowling Catholic (IA) was 2nd to also qualify with 113 points. Qualifying individually are Danny Aldaba, 2nd in 15:30.58, Obsa Ali, 3rd in 15:31.28, Eric Colvin, 4th in 15:32.02, Ryan Kromer, 5th in 15:32.30 and Connor Olson, 6th in 15:36.47.
- Girls Championship Race: Wayzata won the girls race with 122 points to qualify for NXN and Eagan finished 2nd with 206 points to join them in Portland. Maria Hauger won individually to punch her ticket to Portland with a time of 17:33.55. Also qualifying were Clare Flanagan, 2nd with a time of 17:50.53, Stephanie Jenks, 3rd with a time of 17:58.59, Bethany Hasz, 5th with a time of 18:00.99 and Alli Cash, 6th with a time of 18:15.33.
Kroy (York IL) have qualified for all 9 NXN Championships! WOW! (Photo by Ken Moreland)
Carmel (IN) girls get 2nd straight MW win and Nationals berth! (Photo by Ken Moreland)
US#13 Ashley Erba (IN) destroyed the competition for the NXN MW title! (Photo by Ken Moreland)
Note: Girls championship winner Ashley Erba deferred her spot to NXN Finals,
telling NXN officials that she does not "want to race five weeks in a row" and plans to compete at Mideast Meet of Champs and Foot Locker Midwest.
Alex Riba (IL) celebrates a hard earned victory in the boys MW champs! (Photo by Ken Moreland)
- Carmel girls thrilled to share the experience with Carmel boys. Erba's decision.
- Where does York get their inspiration? Tradition, and last year's 2nd place finish.
- Meet Recap by Steve Underwood
- Photo Album by Ken Moreland
- NXN Midwest Video Replays
- Meet Preview Article by Steve Underwood
- Boys Championship Race: Kroy (York IL) won the team race to make their 9th straight NXN finals, having never missed a trip to Portland since the meets inception, with 95 points to way outdistance the field! Carmel (IN) was 2nd with 162 points and will also make the trip to Portland. St. Xavier (OH) finished 3rd with 211 points and Columbus North (IN) was 4th with 252 points. The following 5 boys were not on one of the top-4 teams so will all qualify individually for Portland. Alex Riba (O'Fallon IL) won the individual race in a mad finish with a time of 15:31.1. Sam Wharton (OH) finished 2nd with a time of 15:32. T.J. Carey (MI) was 3rd in 15:33.7, Quentin Shaffer (IL) was 4th in 15:34.3 and Jack Keelan (IL) was 5th in 15:34.6.
- Girls Championship Race: Carmel (IN) won their 2nd straight title to make a return trip to Portland with 91 points. North Naperville (IL) was 2nd with 107 points and also earned a trip to Portland. New Trier (IL) finished 3rd with 125 points and Mason (OH) was 4th with 151 points. Qualifying individually are Ashley Erba (IN) who won the individual race with a time of 17:38.1 after pulling away from Madeline Perez (IL) late, who finished 2nd with a time of 17:46.6. Taylor Werner, the super-frosh from MO, finished 3rd in 18:08.6, Mary Kate Vaughn, a frosh from OH) was 4th in 18:08.8 and Courtney Ackerman (IL) was 5th in 18:12.4. Should New Trier earn an at-large then Ackerman would run with her team and 6th place finisher Bobbie Burgess (IN), 18:14.4, would go to Portland.
Nick Ryan cruises to a big win at states. (Photo by Kyle Brazeil)
- Photo Album by Kyle Brazeil
- Video Coverage: Video Interviews
- State Meet Live Twitter Feed
- Preview Article by Kyle Brazeil
- Class A Girls: US#5 Fayetteville-Manlius won the state crown in Class A with 32 points and an 18:16 average to outlast US#10 Saratoga Springs who was 2nd with 56 points. Frosh Megan Reilly (Warwick Valley) won the overall title with a quick time of 17:34.3.
- Class A Boys: US#2 Nick Ryan (Fayetteville-Manlius) won the individual title in dominating fashion with a clocking of 15:07.9. Saratoga Springs took down US#20 Fayetteville-Manlius by a narrow margin 57 to 58.
- Class B Girls: US#11 Academy of the Holy Names won the team crown with 38 points.
Sean McGorty crosses the line pleaed with his race. (Photo by Steve Pham)
Sophie Chase has reason to smile after her win. (Photo by Steve Pham)
Chantilly rocked the state champs in VA! (Photo by Steve Pham)
Lake Braddock girls claimed the win with swift times. (Photo by Steve Pham)
- Complete State Coverage Article
- Photo Album by Steven Pham
- Video Coverage: Sean McGorty Interview | Sophie Chase and Lake Braddock Interview
- Loads of in-depth preview articles here
- Boys Group AAA: US#4 Sean McGorty (Chantilly) flat-out dominated the individual race, winning by 45 seconds with a time of 14:47! Nick Tuck (Lake Braddock) was 2nd with a time of 15:29. US#15 Chantilly won as well with 57 points and an average of 15:47. Midlothian finished 2nd with 72 points.
- Girls Group AAA: US#12 Sophie Chase (Lake Braddock) won the competition with a time of 17:24 while US# 19 Caroline Alcorta (West Springfield) was 2nd with a time of 17:45. Lake Braddock dominated the team competition with 47 points and an 18:23 team average.
- Boys Group AA: Blacksburg won the team crown with 19 points and an impressive 15:54 average. Nick Link led the way with a winning time of 15:34.
- Girls Group AA: Carolyn Bethel (Hidden Valley) won the individual title with a solid time of 18:11 while Blacksburg took the team crown with 86 points.
Jochen, far left, took the individual title in the 5A race. (Photo by Rhonda Ellis)
- TXRunning.com Coverage Page w/link to live results
- 5A Boys: US#2 Southlake Carroll won their 2nd straight state title in dominate fashion with 27 points and a 15:29 average. US#7 The Woodlands finished 2nd with 71 points and US#24 College Park was 3rd with 94 points. US#20 Robert Domanic (Lewisville Hebron) won the individual title with a time of 15:04.02. US#19 Brigham Hedges (The Woodlands) was 2nd with a time of 15:06.65. Nate Sullivan and Joe Sansone led Carroll with a 3-4 finish in 15:11.72 and 15:17.90.
- 5A Girls: US#6 Southlake Carroll girls also dominated, winning with 32 points and an 18:11 average. Humble Kingwood finished 2nd with 95 points. US#21 Karis Jochen (College Station) won the individual title with a time of 17:18.14 and Sandie Raines (Humble Kingwood) was the runner-up with a time of 17:30.73.
Henry Wynne powers to the win in the boys race.
- Coverage Central Article
- Photo Albums: Moose Chilli | Derek Veilleux
- Video Coverage: Race Footage and Video Interviews
- Boys Preview Article
- Girls Preview Article
- Boys Championship Race: Henry Wynne (Staples CT) won the individual crown over Trevor Crawley (Cumberland RI) with times of 16:12 and 16:14. Bishop Hendricken (RI) won the team crown with 85 points.
- Girls Championship Race: Elle Purrier (Richford VT) won with a time of 18:42.44. Barrington (RI) won the team title with 75 points.
Luis Martinez was on fire at the NM state meet! (Photo by Alan Versaw)
- 5A Boys: US#17 Sue Cleveland rolled to a low-score win of 23 points with a 16:08 average. US#12 Luis Martinez rolled for Cleveland, winning the individual title by close to a minute with a time of 15:16.90!
- 4A Boys: US#21 Los Alamos also won big, scoring just 22 points to win with a 16:21 team average.
- 5A Girls: Eldorado girls outlasted Sue Cleveland girls 51 to 72 in team action. Malia Gonzales (Cleveland) won individually with a time of 18:58.45.
Brickell thumps everybody! (Photo by Pinion Photo)
- Complete Coverage Article with photos
- Photo Album by Pinion Photo
- Meet Preview Article by Bruce Taylor
- AAAAAA Boys: Josh Brickell (Peachtree Ridge) dominated the race with the fastest time of the day, a 15:55 clocking on a course described as very tough.
MIAA XC Championships, MA
- Complete Coverage Article
- Eastern MA Meet Page
- Central MA Meet Page
- Western MA Meet Page
- Predictions Article by Mike Miller
US#6 Jacob Thomson winning in course record time.
- Photo Album by Jonathan Grooms
- Photo Album by KYfatboy
- Video Coverage: Race Footage and Interviews
- Preview Articles: Class A | Class AA | Class AAA
- Class A boys: US#6 Jacob Thomson (Holy Cross) won the individual title with a blazing course record time of 15:21.40, winning by just over a minute!
- Class AAA boys: US#11 St. Xavier takes the crown with just 20 points, a tie of the All-Time low score record! They place 3-7 overall with a stellar 11 second spread!
- Class AAA girls: US#9 Assumption won the girls crown with 31 points as Bailey Davis led the way with the individual win in a time of 18:12.72.
- Class AA girls: Gabriella Karas (Collins) dominated this race, winning in 17:44.18 by a margin of 90 seconds.
Matt Macoy (left) won the boys 6A race. (Photo by Tim Loreman)
- Coverage Central Article by Tim Loreman
- Photo Albums: Tim Loreman | BekiMoon
- Boys Preview by Tim Loreman
- Girls Preview by Tim Loreman
- 6A Girls: Carmel Carlos (McGill-Toole) won the girls individual title with a quick time of 17:20.34. Jessica Molloy (Mountain Brook) was 2nd with a time of 17:29.59. Mountain Brook dominated the team competition with 28 points Hoover with 84 points.
- 6A Boys: Mac Macoy (Vestavia Hills) won the individual race with a time of 15:37.30. Payton Ballard (Mountain Brook) was 2nd in 15:44.98. Vestavia Hills won the team crown over Mountain Brook 67 to 77.
Reagan Anderson (center) and US#3 Tatnall rolled at state!
- D2 Girls: US#3 Tatnall rolled with a mere 16 points scored as they went 1-4 and 6th overall. Reagan Anderson led the way with the individual win with a time of 18:59.07.
- D2 Boys: John Mascioli (Archmere) rocked the boys race with a huge upset, running 16:13.13 for the win. Alex Giacco and Jack Hagood were 2-3 for Tatnall with times of 16:16.84 and 16:19.52. Tatnall won the team title with just 24 points.
- 4A Boys: Will Bertrand (Clarksburg) won the boys race with a time of 16:02.70, the fastest time of the day. Saverna Park won the team crown with a point total of 47.
- 4A Girls: Caroline Beakes (Chevy Chase) won the girls race with the fastest time of the day, a 19:17.40 clocking. Chevy Chase won the team crown with 67 points.
FHSAA Regional Championships, FL
Arroyo winning his regional with ease. (Photo by DLaxton)
- Complete Regional Results and Coverage
- 4A Region 1
4A Region 1
- Andres Arroyo (Colonial) won the boys race with a quick time of 15:12.61. Colonial also won the team crown with 60 points.
- Bridget Blake (Dr. Phillips) won the girls race by a large margin with a time of 17:56.18.