2011 Cross Country Highlights
Check us out on Facebook here
Follow our tweets here
NXN NW Regional, ID
Amy-Eloise Neal en route to her course record win (Photo by Leo Collins)
Izaic Yorks and Anthony Armstrong breaking away (Photo by Leo Collins)
Summit girls after their victory (Photo by abcoll1)
- Photo Album by Leo Collins
- Video Interviews: Dallin Farnsworth | Katie Knight
- Meet Preview by Leo Collins
|Boys Individuals||Girls Individuals|
|1) Anthony Armstrong (WA) - 15:36.9||1) Amy-Eloise Neale (WA) - 17:49.0|
|2) Izaic Yorks (WA) - 15:39.9||2) Katie Knight (WA) - 17:58.1|
|3) Dallin Farnsworth (ID) - 15:43.3||3) Alexa Efraimson (WA) - 18:23.1|
|4) Korey Krotzer (WA) - 15:47.7||4) Erin Clark (OR) - 18:25.9|
|5) Joe Hardy (WA) - 15:50.5||5) Sara Tsai (OR) - 18:27.9|
|6) Thomas Rigby (ID) - 15:55.5||6) Paige Rice (WA) - 18:35.4|
|7) Travis Neuman (OR) - 15:56.8||7) Mikayla Malaspina (ID) - 18:38.3|
|8) Kai Wilmot (WA) - 15:57.8||8) Katie Bianchini (WA) - 18:39.0|
|9) Erik Harris (ID) - 15:58.7||9) Emily Hamlin (ID) - 18:45.0|
|10) Kyle Thompson (OR) - 15:58.8||10) Mayra Chavez (WA) - 18:45.3|
|Boys Teams||Girls Teams|
|1) North Spokane (WA) - 95||1) Summit (OR) - 103|
|2) Gig Harbor (WA) - 108||2) Glacier Peak (WA) - 117|
|3) Seattle Prep (WA) - 148||3) Bozeman (MT) - 148|
|4) Eisenhower (WA) - 178||4) Camas (WA) - 155|
|5) South Eugene (OR) - 208||5) South Eugene (OR) - 155|
NXN MW Regional, IN
Futsum Zeinasellassie gets first NXN win. (Photo by Paul Everett)
Amanda Fox over Samantha Nightingale. (Photo by Paul Everett)
Columbus North IN won the boys team title. (Photo by Paul Everett)
- Onsite coverage by Paul Everett and Craig Martin
- Girls Championship: Amanda Fox (IL) outkicked Samantha Nightingale (MO) for the girls individual title 18:09.1 to 18:09.9. Avery Evenson (MI) was 3rd in 18:36.6, Kaylee Flanagan (IL) was 4th in 18:37.8, and Claudia Saunders (OH) was 5th in 18:39.6. Carmel (IN) won the girls team race with 45 points over North Shore (IL) who was 2nd with 49 points. Prospect (IL) was 3rd with 161 points and Mason (OH) was 4th with 167 points. More to come!
- Boys Championship: Futsum Zeinasellassie (IN) captured his first NXN title in winning the boys race with a time of 15:42.8. Michael Clevenger (IL) was 2nd in 15:56.8, Malachy Schrobilgen (IL) was 3rd in 15:57.2, Zach Herriot (MO) was 4th in 16:00.6, and Sam Wharton (OH) was 5th in 16:01.7. Columbus North (IN) won the boys team title with 109 points over York (IL) who had 154 points for 2nd. In 3rd was Palatine (IL) with 174 points and in 4th was Naperville South (IL) with 207 points. More to come!
|Boys Individuals||Girls Individuals|
|1) Futsum Zeinasellassie (IN) - 15:42.8||1) Amanda Fox (IL) - 18:09.1|
|2) Michael Clevenger (IL) - 15:56.8||2) Samantha Nightingale (MO) - 18:09.9|
|3) Malachy Schrobilgen (IL) - 15:57.2||3) Avery Evenson (MI) - 18:36.6|
|4) Zach Herriot (MO) - 16:00.6||4) Kaylee Flanagan (IL) - 18:37.8|
|5) Sam Wharton (OH) - 16:01.7||5) Claudia Saunders (OH) - 18:39.6|
|6) Ryan Polman (OH) - 16:05.3||6) Jill Hardies (IL) - 18:51.6|
|7) Tyler Yunk (IL) - 16:07.5||7) Courtney Ackerman (IL) - 18:54.8|
|8) Christopher Kelsey (IN) - 16:11.0||8) Renee Wellman (IN) - 18:55.7|
|9) Grant Nykaza (IL) - 16:11.4||9) Emily Leonard (IL) - 18:55.9|
|10) Leland Later (IL) - 16:11.7||10) Kelsey Schrader (IL) - 19:00.5|
|Boys Teams||Girls Teams|
|1) Columbus North (IN) - 109||1) Carmel (IN) - 45|
|2) York (IL) - 154||2) North Shore (IL) - 49|
|3) Palatine (IL) - 174||3) Prospect (IL) - 161|
|4) Naperville South (IL) - 207||4) Mason (OH) - 167|
|5) Rock Bridge (MO) - 228||5) York (IL) - 168|
NXN HL Regional, SD
Tony Smoragiewicz closing out his win (Photo by Teri Durbin)
Maria Hauger closing in on the finish line (Photo by Teri Durbin)
Stillwater boys after their NXN victory (Photo by Teri Durbin)
Monticello after their NXN victory (Photo by Teri Durbin)
- Onsite coverage by Teri Durbin and Julie Smoragiewicz
- Preview Article by Lyle Knudson
- Girls Championship: Maria Hauger won the title with a time of 17:52.1 over Stephanie Jenks who ran 18:16.49. Jenna Truedson was 3rd in 18:19.73, Danielle Anderson was 4th in 18:23.68 and Alli Cash was 5th in 18:25.47. Monticello (MN) won the girls team title with 104 points over Neenah (WI) in 2nd place with 106 points. Dowling Catholic (IA) was 3rd with 123 points and Arrowhead (WI) was 4th with 124 points.
- Boys Championship: Tony Smoragiewicz (SD) won the boys individual title with a time of 15:19.55 over Jake Leingang from Bismark, ND, 15:26.58. Russ Sandvold was 3rd in 15:31.65, Chandler Diffee was 4th in 15:32.92 and Brandon Clark was 5th in 15:35.75. Stillwater (MN) won the boys team title with 96 points and a 40 second 1-5 spread over Arrowhead (WI) with 104 points. Bismarck (ND) was 3rd with 139 points and Burnsville (MN) was 4th with 166 points.
|Boys Individuals||Girls Individuals|
|1) Tony Smoragiewicz (SD) - 15:19.55||1) Maria Hauger - 17:52.67|
|2) Jake Leingang (ND) - 15:26.58||2) Stephanie Jenks - 18:16.49|
|3) Russ Sandvold (WI) - 15:31.65||3) Jenna Truedson - 18:19.73|
|4) Chandler Diffee - 15:32.92||4) Danielle Anderson - 18:23.68|
|5) Brandon Clark - 15:35.75||5) Alli Cash - 18:25.47|
|6) Josh Thorson (MN) - 15:38.48||6) Bethany Hasz - 18:26.34|
|7) Cole O'Brien - 15:40.11||7) Elizabeth Flatley - 18:28.18|
|8) Riley Macon (MN) - 15:44.94||8) Rebekah Topham - 18:30.21|
|9) Kyle Lewin (WI) - 15:45.49||9) Jackie Dubnicka - 18:30.79|
|10) Troy Koivisto - 15:46.75||10) Kaelyn Blach - 18:32.59|
|Boys Teams||Girls Teams|
|1) Stillwater (MN) - 96||1) Monticello (MN) - 104|
|2) Arrowhead (WI) - 104||2) Neenah (WI) - 106|
|3) Bismarck (ND) - 139||3) Dowling Catholic (IA) - 123|
|4) Burnsville (MN) - 166||4) Arrowhead (WI) - 124|
|5) Dowling Catholic (IA) - 168||5) Fargo (ND) - 180|
Highlights: A different course due to the rain at Mt. Sac. Rain course is 2.9
- Division 1 Boys: Of the 4 heats the top 3 times came out of heat 2 with Bryan Guijarro (Sr., Knight) finishing with the fastest time in division 1 and the fastest time of the day in 14:19 followed by Porter Reddish (Jr., Vista Murrieta) in 14:29 and Jared Hazlett (Sr., Trabuco Hills).
- Division 1 Girls: Laura Hollander (Sr., Marina) had the fastest time coming out of heat 3 with a time of 16:21. Andriana Olivas (Sr., Centennial/Corona) had the 2nd fastest time in division 1 with a 16:24. Erika Reddish (Sr., Vista Murrietta) won heat 1 with the 3rd fastest time of 1647.
- Division 2 Boys: Omar Caro (Jr., Norte Vista) won heat 2 in 14:23 with the fastest time for Div 2 boys. Kyler Fisk (Sr., Tesoro) finished 2nd in 14:24. The 3rd fastest time for division 2 came from heat 4 with Jose Penaloza (Jr., Godinez) winning the race in 14:25.
- Division 2 Girls: Sarah Baxter (So., Simi Valley) won Heat 1 of division 2 for the fastest time of the day clocking a swift 16:09. Paige Tennison (Jr., Newport Harbor) won heat 3 in 16:13 for the 2nd fastest time in Div 2 and Molly Babcok (Sr., Woodbridge) won heat 4 in 16:33 for the next fastest time.
- Division 3 Boys: Danny Martinez (Sr., St. John Bosco) won heat 1 in 14:27 for the fastest time in Div 3. Adam Avila (Sr., Cathedral) won heat 2 in 14:36 followed by 2nd place finisher Arthur Geno (Sr., Rio Mesa) in 14:37.
- Division 3 Girls: Christine Hoffmann (Sr., San Luis Obispo) won heat 3 with the fastest time for division 3 girls in 16:55. Rebecca Mehra (Sr., Palos Verdes) won heat 1 in 16:56 followed by Brianna Simmons (Sr., Beverly Hills) in 17:00.
- Division 4 Boys: Daniel De La Torre (Jr., La Salle) won heat 1 with a time of 14:52 followed by Matt Block (Sr., Notre Dame (SO)) in 14:56. Kyle Bueckert (Jr., Maranatha) won heat 2 in 14:58.
- Division 4 Girls: Kellian Hung (Sr., Whittier Christian) won heat 1 with a time of 17:20 followed by Anna Farello (Jr., El Segundo) in 17:31 and Natasha Strickland (Sr., Laguna Beach) in 17:33.
- Division 5 Boys: Top 3 times came from heat 2 led by Nate DeBruno (Jr., Orcutt Academy) in 15:35. Nicholas Martin (Jr., Buckley) finished 2nd in 15:36 with Isaiah Thompson (Jr., Sherman Indian) taking 3rd in 15:39.
- Division 5 Girls: Alexia Velarde (Sr., Marywood Palm Valley) won heat 3 with a time of 16:55. Nicki Maslan (Sr., Viewpoint) won heat 1 with a time of 17:56 followed by 2nd place finisher Liza Currin (Jr., Vistamar) in 18:04.
Darren Fahy (left) and Eric Causey (right)
Photo by Sherri Cortez
- Avocado West League: Darren Fahy (Sr., La Costa Canyon) won the boys race with a time of 15:44 over the 5k course. La Costa Canyon placed 4 runners in the top 5 with Eric Causey (Sr) finishing 2nd in 15:49, Steven Fahy (So) in 4th in 16:14 and Ryan Hersehy (Sr) in 5th with 16:47. Christian Freeman (Jr., Carlsbad) finished 3rd in 16:12. LCC's 5th runner, freshman Steven Terris, finished 9th with a time of 16:59. On the girls side, La Costa Canyon junior Kelly Lawson won the race in 17:28 with teammate Emma Abrahamson (So) in 2nd in 17:31. LCC placed 5 runners in the top 7 Shanoak Souza (Sr) finishing 4th, Rebekah Bosler (So) in 6th and Ellie Abrahamson (Jr) in 7th. Carlsbad junior Brianna Miller finished 3rd with a time of 17:43.
- Palomar League: Dylan Blankenbaker (Sr., Ramona) won the league race in 16:02. Eric Sindel (Jr., Mt. Carmel) finished 2nd in 16:07 followed closely by Arjun Kumar (Sr., Torrey Pines) in 16:08. The girls race was won by Ashlyn Dadkhah (Sr, Torrey Pines) with a time of 17:48. Kaelyn Harbison (Jr., Westview) finished 2nd in 18:12 followed by Danielle Voyles (So., Rancho Bernardo).
- Avocado East League: San Marcos placed 2 boys in the top two with Brandon Hansen (Sr) in first with 16:42 and Tyler Hansen (So) in 2nd with 16:48. Zachary Laurenzana (Sr., San Pasqual) was a second behind with 16:49. Vista girls grabbed the top 3 spots with sophomore Ashley Cope winning in 18:29. Courtney Corradetti (Sr) placed 2nd in 18:39 and Ciera Corradetti (Fr) finished 3rd in 18:43.
- Valley League: Andrew Tellames (So., Orange Glen) won the Valley League with a time of 16:42. Nolan Gallagher (Sr., San Dieguito Academy) finished in 16:47 with Spencer Hoffman (Jr., Del Norte) taking 3rd in 16:50. Charlotte Kuzminsky (Sr., Canyon Crest Academy) won the girls race in 18:23 with Kaylee Hudson (Jr., Valley Center) taking 2nd in 18:39 and Shelby Garritson (So., Orange Glen) finishing 3rd in 18:55.
- Division 1 Boys: Jack Scranton (Jr., Davis Sr) ran a 16:23 over the 3 mile course to win the division 1 race. Abdul Hamid (So., Sheldon) finished a close 2nd with a time of 16:26. Dusty Armstrong (Jr., Oak Ridge) took 3rd in 16:35. You can't get closer than this..........Oak Ridge won the boys title with 50 points over Davis Sr's 51 points.
- Division 1 Girls: Faith Makau (Jr., Enochs) won the girls divison 1 race in 18:59 follwed by 2nd place finisher Sophie Meads (So., Davis Sr.) in 19:03 and Haley Kroll (Sr., Tokay) in 19:06. St. Fancis of Sacramento won the girls title with 31 points over Oak Ridge with 65 points.
- Division 2 Boys: Jordan Rushing (Sr., Del Campo) won the division 2 race with a time of 16:04. Trent Brendel (Jr., Granite Bay) finished 2nd in 16:08 followed by SeanJagerson (Jr., Del Campo) in 16:13. Del Campo won the team title with 30 points over Woodcreek with 73 points.
- Division 2 Girls: Katie Mersereau (So., Granite Bay) won with a time of 16:27 over Cassidey Heckman (Sr., Atwater) with 19:37. Leanne Jarvis (So., River Valley) and Shayna Powless (Sr., Roseville) both ran a 19:38 but 3rd place was given to Javis. Woodcreek earned 48 points to win the title over Vacaville with 60 points.
- Division 3 Boys: Tylere Sickler (Jr., Will C. Wood) ran a 16:09 to win the boys division 3 race. Trevor Stephens (Jr., Del Oro) finished 2nd with a 16:14 followed by Christian Finkbeiner (Sr., Placer) with 16:18. It was a tight race between Placer and El Dorado with Placer taking the win with 92 points. El Dorado finished 2nd with 95 points.
- Division 3 Girls: Karlie Garcia (Jr., Oakmont) won the girls division 3 race with a time of 17:41 for the fastest time of the day. Madeleine Ankhelyi (Jr., Vista Del Lago) finished 2nd in 18:01 followed by teammate Clare Carroll (So., Vista Del Lago) in 18:18. Vista Del Largo earned 29 points to win the team title over Del Oro with 73 points.
- Division 1 Boys: The top 4 times of the day came from the division 1 race with Blacke Haney (So., Stockdale) winning the 5K race in 15:37. Cody Brazeal (Jr., Buchanan) stepped it up to finished 2nd in 15:40 while teammate US#11 CJ Albertson (Sr) ran with an injury and finished 4th in 15:48. Cameron Miller (Sr.,) finished 3rd in 15:43.
- Division 1 Girls: The top 3 times of the day came from the division 1 girls race with Hagen Reedy (Jr, Buchanan) winning the race in 17:44. Ali Teliha (Jr., Bullard) placed 2nd in 18:23 followed by Maddy Nikkel (So., Buchanan) in 18:56.
- Division 2 Boys: Jose Herrera (Jr., Madera South) won the race with a time of 15:58 followed by senior teammate Juan Navia in 16:02 and Cody Kinsman (Sr., Clovis North) in 16:08.
- Division 2 Girls: Sydney Roman (Jr., East Bakersfield) won the division 2 race in 19:09 with Celina Vera (Sr., Tulare Union) finishing 2nd in 19:11 and Cristal Rivera (Jr., Madera South) taking 3rd in 19:15.
- Division 3 Boys: Angel Gil (Jr., Shafter) ran a 16:02 to win the division 3 race. Omar Nunez (Sr., Delano) placed 2nd in 16:11 and Erik Garcia (Jr., McFarland) finished 3rd in 16:18.
- Division 3 Girls: Monica Perez (Sr., Lemoore) won the girls race in 19:41 followed by Ridgeview junior Lashya Morgan in 19:44 and Nicolette Aldape (Jr., Shjafter) in 19:59.
- Division 4 Boys: Robert Leija (Sr., Parlier) ran a 16:21 to win the boys division 4 race. Gabriel Rios (Sr., Washington Union) ran a 16:35 for 2nd place and Jesus Arceo (Sr., Parlier) finished 3rd in 16:36.
- Division 4 Girls: Yesenia Silva (Jr., Exeter) won the girls division 4 race in 19:31 followed by Annette Acosta (So., Exeter) in 19:45 and Blanca Hernandez (Sr., Firebaugh) in19:54.
- Division 5 Boys: Tranquillity High won the top 4 spots led by senior Fernando Gutierrez in 17:39 and followed by Genaro Sanchez (Sr) in 17:57; Jose Luis Vasquez (So) in 18:00 and Uriel Sanchez in (18:01).
- Division 5 Girls: Annechiena Knevelbaard (Fr, Central Valley Christian) won the girls race in 21:27. Anais Gonzalez (Fr., Hanford) placed 2nd in 22:21 and Guadalupe Arias (Tranquillity) finished 3rd in 22:43.
- Division 1: Yohaness Estifanos (Jr., Milpitas) won the boys race with a time of 14:59. Kevin Bishop (Sr., Monta Vista) finished 2nd in 15:06 followed by Andrew Prior (Sr., Gunn) in 15:23. On the girls side Sarah Robinson (So., Gunn) won the race in 17:12. Sarah Schreck (Sr., Carlmont) placed 2dn in 118:08 followed by Alyssa Johnson (Jr., Leland) in 18:18. Carlmont won both the boys and girls team titles winning the boys with 38 points over Bellarmine (69) and winning the girls with 58 points over Gunn (87).
- Division 2: Aubry Myjer (Sr., Mountain View) won the boys race in 15:06 followed by Richard Ho (Jr., Leland) in 15:16 and Thomas Anthony (Sr., Cupertino) in 15:27. Aragon senior Lauren Groshaw won the girls race in 18:05. Laura Vasquez (Sr., Presentation) finished 2nd in 18:15 and Kylie Goo (Jr., Westmoor) placed 3rd in 18:20. Los Gatos won the boys team title in a close race with 90 points over Los Altos with 90 points. On the girls side Mt. View won with 69 points over St. Ignatius in 87 points.
- Division 3: Sean Davis (Sr., Valley Christian) ran a 15:36 to win the division 3 race followed by Saratoga freshman Steven Sum who ran a 15:41. Ciaran Murphy (Jr., St. Ignatius) finished 3rd in 16:02. Nikki Hiltz (Jr., Aptos) won the girls race in 17:05. Anna Welsh (Sr., Monterey) and Morgan Lira (Sr., Valley Christian) battled for 2nd place with both runners finishing 17:57. Second place was given to Welsh. St. Ignatius won the boys title with 52 points over Sacred Heart CP (80). Aptos won the girls title with 34 points over Valley Christian (83).
- Division 4: Cody Johnson (Jr., S.L.V.) won the boys race in 15:28 with Sam Hales (Sr., King City) taking 2nd in 15:31. Nick Hicks (Sr., S.L.V.) placed 3rd in 15:47. Anna Maxwell (So., S.L.V.) won the girls race in 17:33 followed by Vanessa Fraser (Jr., Scotts Valley) in 17:36 and Kaila Gibson (Fr., Soquel) in 18:34. S.L.V. (San Leandro Valley) won both the boys and girls team titles by earning 55 points to win the boys title over Carmel with 90 points and 34 points for the girls title over Scotts Valley with 78 points.
- Division 5: Jake Kohn (Sr., Crystal Springs) won the boys race with a time of 16:48 over 2nd place finisher Johny Trudelle (So., Priory) with 16:58. Kaveh Motamed (Jr., Crystal Springs) placed 3rd with 17:03. On the girls side, Kat Gregory (Sr., Priory) ran a time of 18:23 to win the girls race followed by Elsa Valenzuela (Sr., Crystal Springs) in 19:03 and Alexandra Young (Sr., St. Francis CC) in 19:54. Crystal Springs won both the boys and girls team titles by earning 24 points in the boys race over York with 67 points and 36 points in the girls race over Castilleja with 72 points.
- John Whelan (Jr., Etna) won the boys race with a time of 15:39 over Tony Meridith (Sr., Foothill) with 15:53 points. Dylan Chamberlen (Sr., Paradise) finished 3rd in 15:58. Yreka earned 44 points to take the team title over Chico with 71 points.
- Kody Atkins (Sr., Chico) won the girls race in 18:49 over the 3 mile course. Hannah Dorman (Jr., West Valley) finished 2nd in 19:06 while WV freshman teammate Jenna Storms placed 3rd in 19:22. Chico won the girls title with 65 points with West Valley finishing 2nd with 92 points.
Southlake Carroll (left) and Kingwood (right) at the start. Photo by Rhonda Ellis
- Boys 5A: US#1 Southlake Carroll scores 20-points with a 12-second 1-5 spread placing all five in the top 10 to win the 5A title, running a 15:46 5k team average they win by 90-points! Craig Nowak (Houston Cypress Woods) won the individual title in a duel with Daniel Vertiz (San Antonio Reagan) 15:16.05 to 15:21.45 over the 5k layout.
- Girls 5A: US#14 Soutlake Carroll tops US#17 Kingwood 34-48 to claim the 5A title. Southlake packed a 24-second 1-5 spread putting 5 in the top 12-places. Kingwood packed a 33-second 1-5 spread with all five in the top 20 places. Karis Jochen (College Station) won the girls race with a time of 11:12.44 for 2 miles.
- Boys 4A: Ryan Teel (Friendswood) won the individual title with a time of 15:42.35. Boerne Champion won the team title with 52 points.
- Girls 4A: Cali Roper (Willis) won the individual race with a time of 11:07.22, the fastest time of the day. Dallas Highland Park won the team title with 72 points.
- Tatnall girls dominated with 15 points to win their 8th straight Division 2 title. Haley Pierce won her 3rd straight state title with a time of 17:28 and she was 2nd as a freshman.
- Sam Parsons (Tatnall) won the boys Division 2 title with a time of 15:35.
- US#1 Julie Macedo (Charter) won her 3rd straight Division 1 title as well, also in a time of 17:28.
Bile and Chase are fastest on the day. (Photo by Andrew Kicinski)
- Comprehensive Coverage Article
- Comprehensive Preview by Brandon Miles
- Boys AAA: Ahmed Bile (Annandale) won a duel with Sean McGorty (Chantilly) as the pair finished with times of 15:16 to 15:21. Stafford won the team title over Albermarle 87 to 102.
- Girls AAA: Sophie Chase (Lake Braddock) won big in 17:33 by a gap of 47 seconds. Midlothian won the team race over Ocean Lakes by a score of 87 to 100.
- Boys AA: Thomas Madden (Skyline) won the individual title in 15:33 and Blacksburg snagged the team crown with 76 points.
- Girls AA: Carolyn Bethel (Hidden Valley) won in 18:13 while Blacksburg rolled in the team race with just 46 points.
Jillian Fanning, Class A Girls Champ (Photo by Kyle Brazeil)
Nick Ryan, Class A Boys Champ (Photo by Kyle Brazeil)
- Photo Album by Kyle Brazeil
- Complete Coverage Article
- Quick Look at the Results
- Boys Preview Article | Girls Preview Article
- Girls Class A: US#1 Fayetteville-Manlius girls score 15 again over US#2 Saratoga Springs who had 70 points. Third was US#45 Canandaigua with 102 points. Jillian Fanning wins in 18:51 to lead the Stotans to the victory.
- Boys Class A: US#8 Fayetteville-Manlius 63, over US#29 Rush Henrietta 64, US#13 Shaker 81, US#10 Arlington 84. Nick Ryan took individual honors to lead F-M with a time of 16:28.4.
- Girls Class B: Samanthan Nadel led a North Shore trio with a winning time of 19:25.5. North Shore won the team title with 33 points.
- Girls Class C: Mary Cain (Bronxville) won the individual title with a time of 19:29.5 to lead Bronxville with a score of 43 points.
Christian Brothers Academy put on another strong showing. (Photo by MaroonNews)
Megan Lacy won the Group 4 race with the fastest time of the day. (Photo by MaroonNews)
- Photo Album: MaroonNews | Pat Montferrat | dfolsom | 4boys4jill | mahaberpointpl
- Video Footage (Loads of race videos and interviews)
- Video Previews by Joe Lanzalotto, Paul Schwartz, Rich Bevensee and Jim Lambert
- Boys NP A: US#2 Christian Brothers Academy dominates with 18-points over US#40 Don Bosco. CBA placed five in the top 6 with a 21-second 1-5 spread to win the Non-Public "A" Championships. George Kelly won the race overall with a time of 16:05.
- Boys Group 4: Tim Ball (Piscataway) won comfortably with a time of 15:38 and Westfield took the team race with 85 points.
- Boys Group 3: Blake Udland (Millburn) won with a time of 15:48 and West Morris Mendham won the team race with 75 points.
- Girls Group 4: Megan Lacy (Cherokee) won the individual title with a quick 18:27 clocking over Marisa Ruskan (Bridgewater Raritan) who was 2nd in 18:34. Hillsborough won the team race with a point total of 75.
- Girls Group 3: Mackenzie Berry (West Morris Mendham) won the race in 18:38 while Morristown won the team race with 131 points.
Girls Group 2: Dana Giordano (Bernards) won the race with a time of 18:32
Carmen Carlos and Brandon Hazouri grinding it out. (Photos by Tim Loreman)
- 6A Girls: Carmen Carlos (McGill-Toolen) won the state title by a huge margin of 1:12 seconds with a time of 17:19.76. Mountain Brook packed 5 in the top-9 overall to win the team title with 25 points.
- 6A Boys: Brandon Hazouri (Spain Park) won the boys title with a time of 15:45.04, winning by 20 seconds. Mountain Brook completed the sweep by putting 5 in the top-18 to win with 45 points.
- 5A Girls: Rachel Roberts (John Carroll) won the individual title by over a minute with a time of 18:08.07 while Scottsboro won the team title with just 33 points scored.
- 5A Boys: Griffin Lee (John Carroll) won individually with a time of 16:13.11. Scottsboro boys won to complete the team sweep with 43 points.
- 4A Girls: Kathry Lazarchick (UMS-Wright) won individually in 18:57.22 as UMS-Wright dominated with 19 points, putting 5 in the top-7 and sweeping the top 3 spots overall.
- 4A Boys: Alex Gilliland (Oneonta) won the individual title with a time of 16:26.56 and UMS-Wright swept, winning with 36 points.
Jacob Thomson rolling to victory (Photo courtesy of Jonathan Grooms)
Assumption girls celebrating their victory (Photo courtesy of Jonathan Grooms)
- Photo Albums: jonathan (2121 photos) | kyfatboy (3133 photos) | dustys_mom (1419 photos)
- Video Footage (Including interviews, race footage, and awards footage)
- Comprehensive Coverage Page w/ Live Updates
- All Previews Here
- Class A Boys: Jacob Thomson won the individual title with a time of 15:55 on a windy day in KY. St. Henry boys won their 10th state title in a row!
- Class A Girls: Maddox Patterson won her 3rd straight state title with a time of 18:58 while Henry upset Fairview 100-104.
- Class AA Boys: Taylor Sanders (North Oldham) won with a time of 16:20.40 to lead North Oldham to the team title with 63 points.
- Class AA Girls: Gabriella Karas (Collins) won over sister Caterina Karas 18:30.31 to 18:46.20. South Oldham won the team title with 75 points.
- Class AAA Boys: Connor Sheryak (St. Xavier) won the individual title with a time of 16:00.21 and teammate Sam Lewis was 2nd in 16:23.22 to lead St. Xavier to the team title with just 31 points.
- Class AAA Girls: Cassidy Hale (Dupont Manual) won the race in 18:55.89 while Assumption dominated the team action with just 34 points scored.
Marsella & Purrier closing out their victories! (Photos by Patrick Bendzick)
- Onsite Coverage by Derek Veilleux and Patrick Bendzick
- Comprehensive Coverage Page (UPDATDED)
- Boys Preview | Girls Preview
- Video Course Preview
- Boys Race: Mike Marsella (Chariho) won an exciting battle over Connor Rog (Fairfield Prep) 15:25.27 to 15:26.81. Bishop Hendricken won the team battle with 116 points.
- Girls Race: Elle Purrier (Richford) won the race with a time of 18:00.02 over Molly Keating (LaSalle), 18:10.41. Champlain Valley won the team title with 112 points.
Mass Divisional Championships, MA
- Central Division: In D1 action Jonathan Green (Saint John's) won the 2.9 mile race in 14:17.6 to lead Saint John's to a narrow victory over Nashoba 56 to 59. Colleen Sands (Wachusett) won with a time of 17:44.8 to lead Wachusett to a dominate victory with 22 points.
- Eastern Division: Coming
- Western Division: In D2 action Scott Carpenter (Lenox Memorial) won in 16:47.44. In D1 action Camille Blackman (Longmeadow) won with a time of 19:20.15.
- Divsion 1A Girls: Jordan Dodson (So., Perryville) won the girls race in 19:55.8 followed by Boonsboro junior Sarah Zielinski (20:32.8).
- Division 1A Boys: Bohemia Manor won the boys Title with 65 points. North Carroll placed 2nd with 109 points.
- Division 2A Girls: Hannah Oneda (Sr., Winters Mill) ran an 18:28.3 to win the 2A Div. race. Tiffany Lang (Sr., Oakland Mills) finished 2nd with 19:47.9. The Century girls won the team title with 112 points led by 8th place finisher Katie Todd. South Carroll finished a very close 2nd with 113 points and Walkersville placed 3rd with 117 points.
- Division 2A Boys: Rising Sun senior Austin McGinley won the boys race in 16:20.9 followed by Evan Hardy (Sr., Williamsport) in 16:34.7 and Weston Carvalho (Jr., Winters Mill) in 16:56.8. Carvalho led the way for Winters Mill and the team Championship with 61 points. Williamsport finished 2nd with 110 points.
- Division 3A Girls: Urbana Freshman Emily Mulhern won the 3A race in a time of 19:53.3. Hereford sophomore Sarah Carter finished 5 seconds back in 19:58.6 leading her team to the Team Title with 48 points. Hereford had 5 scoring runners in the top 20. River Hill was 2nd with 114 points.
- Division 3A Boys: 2 seconds separated the top 2 runners with Braden Bruning (Sr., Linganore) winning the race in 16:20.8 followed by Hassan Omar (Sr., Governor Thomas John) in 16:22.7. Hereford won the Team Title with 72 points led by Jonathan Luckin who finished 5th and Julian Rivera with an 8th place finish. Linganore, led by Bruning, placed 2nd with 75 points.
- Division 4A Girls: Whitman senior, Caroline Guiot, ran the fastest time of the day with a 19:27.5 followed by freshman Lucy Srout (Churchill) in 19:36.3 and Isabel Griffith (So., Dulaney) in 19:40.7. The Team Title went to B-CC with 103 points led by 7th place finisher Nora Mcumber. Whitman placed 2nd with 111 points.
- Division 4A Boys: Scott Sheehan (Sr., Walter Johnson) won the boys div 4a race with a time of 16:28.5 followed by Evan Laratta (Sr., Quince Orchard) in 16:35.8. Walter Johnson won the Team Title with 71 points led by Scott Sheehan's first place finish. Severna Park finished 2nd with 101 points.