In our debut On The Line podcast, Cory Mull is joined by Cole Hocker as the pair talk about Hocker's senior season at Indianapolis Cathedral (IN) High School.
The nationally ranked cross country runner details how he's felt competing this fall, what his motivations are for the season, what he's learned from good and bad races, and what it would mean to win a state title in Indiana in 2018. Later on, we dive into Cole's recruiting and what interesting things he's learned about different campuses.
Among other things, Hocker talks about his taste in music, what's on his Netflix que and just how much work he puts into his hair every day. Don't miss our first episode of On The Line. We'll have new podcasts every week.
Run of Show:
- How do you value a big PR versus a win [2:19]
- What did your opener tell you about yourself [6:00]
- Were you satisfied with your junior XC season [8:00]
- What have you added to your training [10:00]
- How mileage ramped up in the summer [11:50]
- Favorite running spot to train in Indianapolis [13:00]
- The difficulty of qualifying for state in Indiana [14:30]
- Being nervous at first state experience [16:00]
- How to run a perfect race at Terre Haute [17:00]
- Cole's favorite music before a race [18:50]
- What have you learned from bad races [20:50]
- Favorite workouts at Cathedral [22:10]
- Cole's top six schools [23:20]
- What has stood out to you at your visits so far [25:45]
- The NCAA athlete Cole is a big fan of [29:30]
- What's on Cole's Netflix Que [31:10]
- How do you manage that magnificent hair [32:15]
- Coaches Corner Podcast, Mountain Vista's Jonathan Dalby
- Coaches Corner Podcast, Lee's Summit West's Jesse Griffin