Meagan Lowe Throws Down With A Big 1600m Performance
By Trevor Horn - MileSplit.CA
CLOVIS -- Meagan Lowe is no stranger to hearing her name called down the final stretch at track and field and cross country meets.
But what the Clovis Buchanan junior experienced on Saturday at the West Coast Relays in Clovis on her home campus was something special. Lowe, a junior, beat out sophomore teammate Corie Smith in the girls 1600 meter invitational heat, a flip from the 2017 CIF State Cross Country Championships in November just miles away at Woodward Park when Smith won the Division I title just ahead of Lowe.
"It was huge," Lowe said. "Last year I had an off season and I only ran 4:59. So coming into this and being able to run 4:49 is just amazing. I knew I needed to push that last race. I kept hearing (from the PA announcer), 'It's a 4:45 pace, it's 4:50 pace.' I wanted to get our school record."
- Page 1: Australian youth Keely Small has a bright future
- Page 2: Mondo Duplantis clears 5.81 meters
- Page 3: Loudoun Valley (VA) High grad Drew Hunter wins B.A.A. mile
- Page 4: Masai Russell absolutely dominates 300mH at Bullis Bulldog Invitational
- Page 5: More big efforts from the Bullis Invitational
- Page 6: Meagen Lowe throws down a big performance in West Coast Relays 1600m
- Page 7: Raymon Ornelas Comes Up With A Big 1600m Win At The Inland Empire Champs
- Page 8: Keyshawn King clears for US No. 1 mark in the triple jump