Sammy Watson will race the 800m finals today.
Follow along for all the action at Day 5 of the IAAF World Youth Championships in Cali, Colombia!
Day 5 Schedule:
Finals in BOLD
- Men's Pole Vault - Dual USA/Sweden citizen Armand "Mondo" Duplantis of Louisiana captures gold while competing for Sweden, clears PR 5.30m/17-4.75
- Men's Javelin Throw - Paul Jacobus Botha of Russia wins in 78.49. No Americans competed in the final.
- Women's 200m - Candace Hill becomes the second girl in history to complete the 100m/200m sweep at World Youth, setting a new World Youth Record of 22.43. Lauren Rain Williams completes sweep for Team USA with PR of 22.9
- Women's Long Jump - Tara Davis becomes first American to take home WYC gold with US #2, PR 21-0.5
- Men's 200m - Josephus Lyles places third, runs PR of 20.74 (-0.4). Sani Brown of Japan completes 100m/200m sweep, beats Usain Bolt's MR with 20.34 (-0.4)
- Women's 800m - Sammy Watson wins gold, US #1 2:03.54
- Men's 3000m - Kenyan countrymen Richard Yator Kimunyan and Davis Kiplangat go 1-2, running 7:54.45 and 7:54.52. No Americans competed in the final.
- Men's 2000m Steeplechase - Vincent Kipyegon Ruto of Kenya wins in 5:27.58. No Americans competed in the final.
- Mixed 4x400m Relay - Team USA dominates with 3:19.54 win, thanks to runs from individual medalists Keshun Reed, Lynna Irby, Norman Grimes and Sammy Watson. Runner-up South Africa runs 3:23.60.