Sydney McLaughlin will contest the semi-finals of the 400m hurdles in the AM Session of Day 2 at the IAAF World Youth Championships. She is ranked No. 1 with her time of 56.81 after the preliminary round on Wednesday.
Follow along for all the action at Day 2 of the IAAF World Youth Championships in Cali, Colombia!
Day 2 Schedule:
Finals in BOLD
- Men's 110m hurdles Decathlon - George Patrick places 4th in Heat 3 running 13.99 (976 points) he is second after six events.
- Women's Shot Put Qualification - Sophia Rivera placed third and qualified after 2nd 16.51m (54-2) attempt throw.
- Men's High Jump Qualification - Jaron Brooks qualified 2nd out of Heat 1 with his 2.08m (6-10) clearance, while Darius Carbin is the first qualifier out of Heat 2 with his 2.08m (6-10) clearance.
- Men's 3000m Heats - Mason Coppi finishes 8th in Heat 1 with a PB of 8:38.71.
- Men's Discus Throw Decathlon Group 'A' - George Patrick threw 41.71m (136-10) to place 8th overall (699 points), he is third after seven events (5752 points).
- Women's 100m Heats - Candace Hill placed 1st in Heat 1 running 11.47 to qualify for finals with the third fastest time overall. Jayla Kirkland placed 2nd in Heat 7 running 11.76 and Floridian Khalifa St. Fort of Trinidad And Tobago ties for the fastest 100m prelim time of the day running 11.39 qualifying out of Heat 8.
- Men's Discus Throw Decathlon Group 'B'- No Americans competed in this Group B, the winner was Patryk Baran of Poland who threw a PB 41.81m (137-02).
- Women's 1500m Heats - Julia Heymach placed 6th overall with a PR 4:21.91 to qualify.
- Women's 800m Heats - Amanda Thomas ran a 2:10.41 to place 4th in Heat 2. Sammy Watson finished 1st in Heat 3 running the World Youth leading time 2:06.05 to qualify.
- Men's 110m Hurdles Heats - Norman Grimes finished 1st in Heat 4 running 13.62 to qualify. Isaiah Lucas finished 1st in Heat 5 of 5 tying the World Youth lead time of 13.44 to qualify.
- Men's Hammer Throw Qualification Group 'A' - Robert Colantonio threw 72.69m (238-05.75) on attempt 2 to auto qualify out of Group A.
- Men's Pole Vault Decathlon - George Patrick cleared 4.20m (13-09.25) and the event remains progress.
- Women's 400m Hurdles Semi-Final - Sydney McLaughlin finished 1st out of Heat 1 56.79 and Brandeé Johnson finished 1st in Heat 2 58.51.
- Men's Hammer Throw Qualification Group 'B' - No Americans competed in Group B the winner was lib Piskunov from Ukraine with a qualifying throw of 82.10m (269-04.25).
- Mens Javelin Throw Decathlon Group 'A' - George Patrick finished 11th in the javelin throwing 42.64 (139-10.75) he is fourth after nine events with 6905 points.
- Women's Pole Vault Qualification - Both Carson Dingler and Rachel Baxter qualify for the next round clearing 3.90m (12-9.50) and 3.80m (12-5.50) respectively.
- Women's 100m Hurdles Semi Final - Brittley Humphrey finishes 3rd in Heat 1 13.41 qualifying by time. Alexis Duncan runs the fastest time in the field 12.95 qualifying 1st out of Heat 3 of 3.
- Men's 400m Semi Final - Josephus Lyles finished 2nd in Heat 1 with a qualifying time of 45.93. Keshun Reed qualified 1st out of Heat 2 of 3 running 46.77. Floridan Jamal Walton running for Cayman Islands ran 46.97 in Heat 3 of 3 to sucre an auto qualifying spot.
- Women's 100m Semi Final - Floridian Khalifa St. Fort of Trinidad And Tobago tied a U.S. #2 mark of 11.24 to qualify first out of Heat 1. Candace Hill ran a new Meet record 11.16 to qualify 1st out of Heat 2. Jayla Kirkland qualified 1st in Heat 3 of 3 running 11.54.
- Mens Javelin Throw Decathlon Group 'B' -( No Americans in this group) Niklas Kaul of Germany win this group throwing 78.20m for 1015 points
- Men's Long Jump - Justes Nance places 9th with a jump of 7.24m (23-09 ft)
- Men's 800m Semi Final - Cameron Cooper finished 6th in Heat 2 running 1:54.71. Connor Dunne ran a PR 1:51.63 to finished 5th in Heat 3 of 3 he was .23 off of qualifying by time.
- Women's 400m Semi Final - Lynna Irby ran a new PR and U.S. #4 52.77 to qualify out of Heat 2 of 3. Symone Mason ran a 53.48 finishing 3rd in Heat 1 and qualifies by time.
- Women's Shot Put - Sophia Rivera places 2nd with a final throw of 17.93m (58-10) . Fellow American Nickolette Dunbar places 6th after throwing 16.80m (55-01.5) on her 3rd attempt.
- Women's Javelin - Katelyn Gochenour places 12th throwing 45.88m. Sophia Rivera places 8th (50.85m) after passing on her final 2 throws.
- Men's 400m Hurdles Semi Finals - Cory Poole finishes 8th in heat 1 running 52.88. Norman Grimes wins his heat in 51.41 to advance to the finals.
- Women's 100m - Candace Hill wins with a meet record time of 11.08. Khalifa St. Fort ( TTO) places second in 11.19, and Jayla Kirkland takes 3rd in 11.41
- Men's 1500m Decathlon - George Patrick runs 4:55 to score 588 in the final event of the Decathlon. He finishes 4th overall with a total of 7474 points.
- Women's 100m Hurdles -Brittley Humphrey finishes second in 13.22 while Alexis Duncan finishes in 7th (13.56)