2013 Outdoor Highlights
Cain shows youthful exuberance after her 1500m record run. (Photo by Image of Sport)
Mary Cain really opens up, displays the raw fun inside!
Mary Cain interview after 1500m record.
- Video: The Oregon Project is ready to roll
- All FloTrack Race Videos and Interviews from the meet
- Watch LIVE on FloTrack (Pro subscription required)
- Mary Cain (NY) absolutely tore it up, going from 7th to 2nd over the last 200m of the Women's 1500m run, finishing 3rd in an eye-popping 4:04.62 for a huge drop in the American Junior Record and US HS Record. Cain got into the mix early in the race, then settled into the pack until unleashing her now famous closing speed to bring the heat at the line!
Army Strong Meet, NY
- Rudy Winkler (Averill Park NY) threw an amazing 253-05 in the 12lb Hammer for the US#7 All-Time Performance and US#3 All-Time individual, eclipsed by only Conor McCullough and Walter Henning.
Frazier is on point, watch out at NBNO! (Photo by GB Holmes)
- Wesley Frazier (Ravenscroft) absolutely slammed it Friday in the 3200m run, running 10:00.43 for US#11 All-Time!
- Frazier then came back Saturday and won the 800m run in 2:14.03 and the 1600m run in 4:49.10. That marks 12 state titles won in 4 years, a remarkable feat!
NCHSAA 2A/4A State Championships, NC
Parkland girls DOMINATE, win 3 relays at NC 4A Champs! (Photos by Jeff Sides)
Knightdale threw down an epic time in the 4x400. (Photo by Jeff Sides)
Marquavious Johnson lit up the track in the 400m and anchoring Knightdales 4x400m. (Photo by Jeff Sides)
- Knightdale had a great meet, winning the boys 4x800m relay with a stellar 7:46.19 clocking and then finishing the meet with a 3:12.87 clocking to win the 4x400m relay.
- Marquavious Johnson (Knightdale) won the 400m dash with a swift 47.16 clocking.
- Jahmaal Daniel (Terry Sanford) had a great double in the 100m dash (10.56) and 200m dash (21.39).
- Parkland girls swept the sprint relays, winning the 4x100m in 47.22, the 4x200m relay in 1:37.83 and the 4x400m in a state record time of 3:47.70.
- Tyra Lea (Wakefield) won the girls 200m dash with a time of 23.95.
- Shea Martinez and Davis dominated the distance events as Shea won the 800m run in 2:09 and anchored as Davis won the Medley Relay in 4:09.05 and the 4x400m relay in 3:57.36.
- Ben Saarel (Park City) won the boys 1600m run with a state record 4:07 clocking, besting Luke Puskedra's mark by 2 seconds.
- Saarel then came back and won the 800m run with a state record of 1:51.13, better than the 1:51.9 set by Brad Nye at the state meet last year.
Ana Holland snagged 2 meet records and 3 victories in CO. (Photo by Alan Versaw)
Cranny and Rainsberger in the 800m run. (Photo by Alan Versaw)
- Complete List of Meet Highlights Articles
- Photo Albums
- Elise Cranny (Niwot) set a few state records already this weekend. She won the 4A 3200m run in a modest 10:38.99, but was part of a very exciting race in the 800m. Elise won in 2:08.50 over Katie Rainsberger (Air Academy), 2:08.98, who was also under the old record. Cranny completed her triple with a win in the 1600m run in 4:55.55.
- Ana Holland (Regis) had a monster triple, winning the 100m dash in a STATE RECORD and US#1 11.33, the 200m dash in 23.54, and the 400m dash in a STATE RECORD and US#1 52.49.
- Alleandra Watt (Pine Creek) had fine performances behind her, finishing 2nd in the 200m dash in 23.65 and 2nd in the 400m dash in 54.94.
- Colt Sessions (Cheyenne Mountain) won the 4A high jump with a great 6-11 clearance.
- Jordyn Colter (Cherry Creek) won the 5A 800m run with a time of 2:10.51.
- Pine Creek won the short relays, taking the 4x100m in 46.90 and the 4x200m in 1:38.81.
- Arapahoe won the girls 4x400m in 3:46.53.
- Arapahoe and Monarch dueled in the 4x800m relay with Arapahoe taking the win in 9:10.51 to 9:11.89.
- Jordan Charles won a great battle over Alec Willard in the High Hurdles, winning 14.21 to 14.23.
Martinez flying in the 1600m at altitude. (Photo by Blake Wood)
- Luis Martinez (Sue Cleveland) won the boys 1600m run with a 5A state record of 4:11.66, missing the overall state record by less than a second.
Thomson crosses the line with the KY state 1600m record firmly in his grasp.
- On-Site Coverage Article
- AAA LIVE Results Link
- AA LIVE Results Link
- A LIVE Results Link
- Photo Album by Jonathan Grooms
- Race video footage and interviews
- Meet Preview Article
- Jacob Thomson (Holy Cross) won the 1600m run with a stellar 4:09.99 for the state record and then came back in the 3200m run to also set the state record in 9:07.17.
- William Bush (Louisville Ballard) won the 100m dash in 10.70.
- James Quick (Trinity) won the boys 200m dash in 21.17.
- Torian Vaughn (Male) won the 400m dash in a quick 47.41.
Lincoln Way East was on fire in IL this weekend! (Photo by Brenda Gamboa)
Clayton chilled in the prelims, but fired the afterburners to set the 800m record in the finals! (Photo by Brenda Gamboa)
- Lincoln Way East absolutely killed it in the 4x200m relay, setting and All-Time state record of 1:36.86.
- Courtney Clayton set the state record in the 800m run, throwing down a time of 2:07.05.
- Aaliyah Brown (Lincoln Way East) won three events, the 100m dash in 11.42w, the 200m dash in 24.03 and anchored the 4x200m relay.
- Shamier Little (Lindblom) won the 100m Hurdles in 13.87, the 200m dash in 24.05, the 400m dash in 54.37 and finished 2nd in the 300H in 42.29.
- Madeline Perez (Glenbard West) rolled in the distance events, winning the 1600m run in 4:52.24 (she ran 4:52.21 in the Friday prelims) and winning the 3200m run in 10:22.29.
- New Trier put up a solid time in the 4x800m relay, winning with a stellar time of 9:04.86.
- Carly Schmidt (Lake Forest) won the pole vault with a great clearance of 13-00.
- Emmonnie Henderson (Edwardsville) won the shot with a big time toss of 50-09.50.
- Cabell Midland won the AAA boys 4x800m relay with a state record clocking of 7:49.84.
- Maggie Drazba won the A girls 3200m run with a state record time of 10:31.
- Jacob Burcham (Cabell Midland) won the boys AAA 3200m title with a time of 9:08.34.
- Complete Coverage Headquarters Article
- Photo Album by Jason Byrne - 783 Photos Posted
- Photo Album by Donald Lamb - 798 Photos Posted
- Race Videos and Interviews by Todd Grasley and Jason Byrne
- Girls Preview Show
- Boys Preview Show
- Cameron Villarreal (TX) won the dream mile qualifier race in 4:08.11, a Golden South record, and will join the others in the adidas Dream Mile in NYC next weekend. Henry Dwyer was 2nd in 4:10.46.
- Deanna Hill punched her ticket to the Dream 100m in NYC with her winning 11.63 clocking.
- Trentavis Friday (NC) finished 2nd in the boys 100m dash with a clocking of 10.37 and earned his way into the Dream 100 as well. Trayvon Bromell (Gibbs) won the race in 10.27 and had already been invited to the Dream 100m.
- Kali Davis-White (Boyd Anderson) won the 200m dash with a blazing 23.24 clocking. Diamond Spaulding finished 2nd in 23.74.
- Kendal Williams (Stanton Prep) won the 200m dash in a blazing 20.64 clocking over Ceolamar Ways, 20.78 and Jerimy Strainge (American Heritage), 20.84.
- Khari Herbert won the 400m dash in a swift 47.21 over Kenneth Lane (Lake Brantley) in 47.48.
- Cory Nicholls (McEachern) won the 800m dash over a very fast field in 1:50.69. Javon Patterson (Boyd Anderson) was 2nd in 1:51.15 and Johnathan Moore was 3rd in 1:51.53.
- Michelle Howell won the 800m run with a quick 2:09.61 clocking.
CIF Southern Section Finals, CA
- Long Beach Poly girls roll in the 4x100m relay with a blazing 45.54 clocking.
- Adoree Jackson stretched his legs in the long jump to the tune of a 25-00 mark.
PA District Championships, PA
Brianna Schwartz ran a very fast 1600 in western PA. (Photo by Phil Grove)
Zaza with perfect form over the hurdle. (Photo by Don Rich)
- Complete Coverage Article for all District Meets (Highlights, Photos, Video Interviews!)
- In D1 action Ethan Shalaway (Boyertown) threw the javelin 208-8 for US#3 (Interview). Wellington Zaza (Garnet Valley) won the 110H in a US#5 time of 13.72 and added the 300H as well in 37.08 (Interview).
- In D10 action Rebekah Petty (Greenville) set a record in the pole vault, clearing a state leading 12-8 in the event (Interview).
- In D7 action Brianna Schwartz (Shaler Area) won the 1600m run with a very fast US#4 clocking of 4:47.07 (Interview).
- Strath Haven girls won the 4x800m in a US#7 time of 9:10.14.
Aiesha Irvin-Muhammad won the 100m and 200m in class record times. (Photo by David Everett)
- Aiesha Irvin-Muhammad (St. Elizabeth Academy) won the 100m dash in a class record time of 11.74 and the 200m dash in a time of 24.40, but set the record in the prelims with a 24.34 clocking.
- Michael Wells was a double champ as well, winning the 100m in 10.79 and the 200m in 21.97.
Dendy was a triple champ in DE over the weekend.
- Maiya Dendy (Padua) rocked a 11.68 in the 100m dash prelims and won the final in 12.14 by a good distance. She also set a meet record in the 200m dash prelims with a 23.97 clocking and won the final in 24.70. She complete the spring triple crown by winning the 400m dash in 56.04.
Rocky Mountain High dominated the competition in ID.
- Recap Article with Elite Performances
- Complete Results
- Video Coverage
- Rocky Mountain girls won the 4x800m relay with a great time of 9:12.07.
- Elijah Armstrong (Pocatello) had a solid distance double, winning the 1600m run in 4:15.35 and the 3200m run in 9:15.82.
- Rocky Mountain boys rocked all the relays, winning the 4x200m in 1:28.47, the 4x400m in 3:19.00 and the 4x800m in a state record 7:41.81.
- Thomas Rigby (Boise Senior High) won the 800m run with a very fast 1:50.80 clocking and also finished 2nd in the 1600m (4:18.57) and 3200m (9:31.16).
- Randall Cunningham (Bishop Gorman) set a NV state record in the high jump with his clearance of 7-03.25, beating a 30 year old record.